No announcement yet.

Draco AW80 - LINUX, let's talk about...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello, just checking if anyone has any news regarding this image or another working linux distro for our Aw80. I was reading up on Linaro site and it sounds promising on that front. Really interested to see how people have tweaked this release to run a little smoother. Aside from a few little things, I'm pretty happy with this release but it's rough.

Not sure if anyone else is having issues with Sofware-Center and Synaptic, but if you are give Muon a shot as it seems to work a Little better than the others.

Some drawbacks I've found:

1. We'll not likely be able to run Steam games anytime soon. (ever more likely on this box)

2. Stuck between two almost functional software-centers (Lubuntu and Ubuntu and even the just software-center)

3. Passthrough is sketchy, might be why I'm having stuttering video and audio.

4. Resolution sticks at one non-adjustable option.

5. Menu clicking applications does not always work, however if you console it in it does work.

Some good things:

1. It works and it is being improved. (slowly)

2. I can do office and printing stuff.

3. The list of negatives can mostly be fixed, minus Steam.

4. Ethernet and Wifi work, haven't tried BT yet.

5. I'm getting some well needed practice in Linux.

Comment

I came across this today, appears there is a download link for CentOS7 with 64bit Arm support. I may be reading the whole thing wrong, but I'm at least going to download the image and mess with it, maybe it'll boot first try eh :P maybe not.

Comment

Cubieboard4 got full gpu support for Linux now.

But their 1.1 image won't boot my tronsmart.

Any guru's here able to dissect/mod this image to get it to install ?

Comment

That's what we get for believe in allwinner. Second disappointed product now I know never buy anything allwinner again. Sad they could have had quality product.
          Many devices now mk902ii/Shield/Mk68 /Ugoos/neox5/minix5 (yes they still work lol) mk80 no it doesnt work lol.

Comment

Originally posted by User47 View Post
            Cubieboard4 got full gpu support for Linux now.

But their 1.1 image won't boot my tronsmart.

Any guru's here able to dissect/mod this image to get it to install ?

One question,

where you find this information there (full gpu support)?

You can try the rootfs the emmc-Image from there with this sd-card-image:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2J...9GVy1nckU/view

Exchange the rootfs on the sd-card and you boot into a (cubiboard rootfs) system with tronsmart kernel.

I would be happy with this (no more hope for X-acceleration and 4k). But the tronsmart kernel has no
            nfs-kernel-support. So my last wish is someone, who can tell me how to build a linux Image with
            nfs-kernel support. for this device.

Thanks in advance.

Comment

the information is in the forum link i gave..

----------------------------------------------------
              We have a 2D/3D Drivers
              I cant explain you how and please don't ask me to publish it, I can't.

We have reverse engeenered the mediacodec and we understand everythings.
              The only think I can says for sure is that you will nether have a officialy 2D codec source code, because of what we discovered inside this codec ( decompilating arm...)

We have make working the HDMI in 4K simultaneously with vga and using scaler on vga.
              Kodi is working on the HDMI (2D/3D) while we have 3D acceleration on the over screen for our main application with capacitive multitouch on this screen. Thanks to SDL2.
              ---------------------------------------------------

those drivers would be in the 1.1 img.

i did actaullly get the rootfs.tar.gz from inside the 1.1 img. used imgRePacker to unpack tronsmart old FEB version, and mounted the rootfs.fex.iso and untar the updated files into that.. then repacked it, flashed it.
              it did actaully install from what i could tell, and gave me a blue graphical login screen.. but i couldnt login.

thats about the extent of my talent tho... jus have to sit an wait till tronsmart get off their ass i guess.

Comment

Originally posted by User47 View Post
                the information is in the forum link i gave..

----------------------------------------------------
                We have a 2D/3D Drivers
                I cant explain you how and please don't ask me to publish it, I can't.

We have reverse engeenered the mediacodec and we understand everythings.
                The only think I can says for sure is that you will nether have a officialy 2D codec source code, because of what we discovered inside this codec ( decompilating arm...)

We have make working the HDMI in 4K simultaneously with vga and using scaler on vga.
                Kodi is working on the HDMI (2D/3D) while we have 3D acceleration on the over screen for our main application with capacitive multitouch on this screen. Thanks to SDL2.
                ---------------------------------------------------

those drivers would be in the 1.1 img.

i did actaullly get the rootfs.tar.gz from inside the 1.1 img. used imgRePacker to unpack tronsmart old FEB version, and mounted the rootfs.fex.iso and untar the updated files into that.. then repacked it, flashed it.
                it did actaully install from what i could tell, and gave me a blue graphical login screen.. but i couldnt login.

thats about the extent of my talent tho... jus have to sit an wait till tronsmart get off their ass i guess.
                Hello user47,

read the red part from your post. Christobalde (author on cubieboard) said, this code is not for public use.

Comment

Hi,
                  Last post in this thread was three years ago.
                  I wonder if there's any news on this proyect?
                  I tried last ubuntu version (20150204) but the remote is no longer working, nor the power led.
                  If there's no news i have to go back to the old android 4.4

Thanks anyway for this great proyect

Comment

Working...
                  X