X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• no_spam_for_me
    replied
    Originally posted by Finless View Post
    Don't get anything larger than 32GB SDcard! Larger wont work as it cannot be formatted FAT32 and has to be formatted EXTFAT or NTFS.

Bob
    => http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/answer...fat-fat32.html

Leave a comment:

• no_spam_for_me
    replied
    Originally posted by DiZet View Post
    ... I get all the success messages but when I check the cards they are empty. ...
    Originally posted by no_spam_for_me View Post
    FYI, no need to place the img at the partition, because PhoenixCard (v3.0.9) place it in front of the partition (I think also in front of the MBR) like the SD Card Maker at Amlogic devices (not the whole img but the uboot)...
    => so you can't see it at the SD but you can recognize that the size of the SD decreases...
    To get back the original size you have to reformat it...
    e.g. with
    - HP USB Disk Storage Format Tool 2.2.3
    - SD Formatter https://www.sdcard.org/downloads/formatter_4/

Leave a comment:

• fredphoesh
    replied
    Originally posted by Zahir View Post
    @Mark, try another SD card. Yours may have completed the write stage but may still have an unreadable sector or two.

If you don't have another card handy, use the 'format to normal' option in Phoenix card to restore your card to standard format, then write the rom to it again.
    Thanks... what worked, oddly, was reformatting the SD card and burning the image again... this time it completed the operation. Very strange. I guess the Phoenix burn success message is not entirely true!

cheers mate
    Mark

Leave a comment:

• Zahir
    replied
    @140Hours, glad to see you're up and running finally.

Looks like we can dub the SD card method the Lazarus method...

For XBMC, I use TVMC (the best Gotham 13.2 performance I've found) or Helix RC3 (fast, but some fav addons don't quite work yet).

@Mark, try another SD card. Yours may have completed the write stage but may still have an unreadable sector or two.

If you don't have another card handy, use the 'format to normal' option in Phoenix card to restore your card to standard format, then write the rom to it again.

A slow card as basic as my Transcend HC 8gb works every time.
    Last edited by Zahir; 01-04-2015, 22:08.

Leave a comment:

• fredphoesh
    replied
    stock rom flash failing

Hello guys
    I have burned the stock rom to SD card and tried to flash it 3 times, each time the progress bar stops at about 2/5 the way, and I wait for 15 minutes, but it does not go further.

Any ideas?
    I assume the SD burn was fine, since it said it was fine...

Any clues?
    tx
    Mark

Leave a comment:

• 140hours
    replied
    Don't get anything larger than 32GB SDcard! Larger wont work as it cannot be formatted FAT32 and has to be formatted EXTFAT or NTFS.

Bob
    Bob,

SUCCESS! SUCCESS! SUCCESS!

Thank you and the thread guru for all your help!

My TELOS is back from the dead and working 100% - with Finless 1.1 Beta!

Here is exactly my setup for the SD Card method of updating the "dead" Draco:

Windows 8.1 64 Bit PC
    Sandisk Extreme Plus SDHC UHS-I Card *(80MB/s designed for the demands of 4K UHD Video)
    Insignia Multi-Format USB 3.0 Card Reader Model NS-CR20A1

Card and reader were purchased at local BestBuy store.

The writing of your ROM with Phoenix Tools 3.09 went like glass!

It wrote from the card in about 90 seconds and the Draco powered down, I rebooted, and all is perfect!

One bit of help, which version of XBMC can be recommended?

Again, thanks for all the hand-holding as I "went nuts" yesterday.

Cheers,

Gary

Leave a comment:

• 140hours
    replied

Bob
    Bob, thank you SO much, that has been the issue all the way along!

I'm trying to use a 64GB Card!

I'll report back after I get a 16GB or 32GB card.

Best wishes,

Gary

Leave a comment:

• GJayJayG
    replied
    Had a few problem with some generic micro-sdcard adapter, and some other with some generic 2 GB sdcard. Same symptom failed after first part of succesfull burn.
    I managed to make it work well and fast with a 32GB sdcard Sandisk and/or 32GB microSD (with a Kingston MicroSd To SdCard adapter), and the microSD have even been write on With a MicroSD2USB key. So a 32 GB microSD inside a MicroSD2USB in my PC for flash, then the 32GB microSD (Kingston) in the MicroSD2SDcard (Kingston) adapter.Had problem with bigger then 32GB as not possible to format to Fat32 (as stated by Finless above also)

Once done to recup all space from device use HP format tools, that recovere all space possible from all partition/device (hidden or not).

Leave a comment:

• Finless
    replied

Bob

Leave a comment:

• 140hours
    replied
    Originally posted by otisrhw View Post
    This is done on windows 8.1 I have done it as well. Not sure what is going on but I have a feeling it's something on your side.

Tronsmart Draco AW80 Firmware Update Tutorial: http://youtu.be/hjaf_-WTJFY
    I'm going out to BestBuy to get an SD Card and USB 3.0 Card Reader.

Can anyone recommend the items to get that are known to be working well?

Thanks again!

Gary

Leave a comment:

• otisrhw
    replied
    This is done on windows 8.1 I have done it as well. Not sure what is going on but I have a feeling it's something on your side.

Tronsmart Draco AW80 Firmware Update Tutorial: http://youtu.be/hjaf_-WTJFY

Leave a comment:

• 140hours
    replied
    Originally posted by 140hours View Post
    Why should I have any faith at all in this box? This is the SECOND unit I've had in less than a week, the first one never booted at all, the second (current) one failed after less than twenty four hours, and I can't restore the ROM with USB to PC because PT 3.3.3 crashes every time I try to connect the device in windows 8.1.

Meanwhile, I've had a Popcorn Hour A200 for four years and have NEVER had a single hiccup with it, displaying perfect 1920 X 1080 P BluRay .mkv files in stunning quality.

I'm running out of patience with the Draco AW80 Telos.
    Can anyone recommend a GOOD QUALITY player that has h.265 FULL support *(60 FPS) and is reliable out of the "box" pun intended? I've now gone through three terrible devices, KDLinks A200, Minix H8Plus, and the Draco AW80 Telos.

The next one, hopefully, will be a keeper for my 4K TV.

Thanks to everyone!

Gary

Leave a comment:

• 140hours
    replied
    Originally posted by otisrhw View Post
    Your talking about a bricked box correct? Maybe hardware problem?
    Why should I have any faith at all in this box? This is the SECOND unit I've had in less than a week, the first one never booted at all, the second (current) one failed after less than twenty four hours, and I can't restore the ROM with USB to PC because PT 3.3.3 crashes every time I try to connect the device in windows 8.1.

Meanwhile, I've had a Popcorn Hour A200 for four years and have NEVER had a single hiccup with it, displaying perfect 1920 X 1080 P BluRay .mkv files in stunning quality.

I'm running out of patience with the Draco AW80 Telos.

Leave a comment:

• otisrhw
    replied
    Your talking about a bricked box correct? Maybe hardware problem?

Leave a comment:

• otisrhw
    replied
    Has anything in the rom been changed, are permissions ok, partitions sizes ok? Worst case vbox windows 7 but I think you have some other problem.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X