• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Android_User5000
    replied
    Are These Adapter's safe to flash the Tronsmart Draco AW80 Tellos With

Originally posted by Zahir View Post
    You don't have to flash the box via your PC, USB cable, reset button and Phoenix Suite.

You can also a) write the stock factory image to an SD card with PhoenixCard V309, b) insert the SD card and then power cycle the box. It'll boot the image and flash it straight to nand memory. No cable, no reset required.

Image to SD card = 7 - 8 minutes
    SD card to nand memory = 8 minutes

Not the fastest route, perhaps, but avoids possible issues with drivers, USB and the burning tool.

I've uploaded PhoenixCard here (new link):

MEGA provides free cloud storage with convenient and powerful always-on privacy. Claim your free 50GB now!

The link below summarizes this "Production SD Card Method". Just make sure the "Product" option is checked before writing the image to SD card.

The tools, drivers and Android image for Arches (pcDuino8 beta) can be downloaded from: http://www.linksprite.com/?page_id=861  There are two ways to re-flash the image: a production SD card method and OTG method.   1. Production S ...

Note: with our board, you do get a helpful on-screen progress bar during the flashing stage.
    Hello everyone! i'm new here and just diving into the Android mini-pc/tv box scene. I have a bunch of sd adapters laying around as well as some usb readers and am considering flashing a custom rom to the Tronsmart Draco AW80 Telos. Has anyone tried using any of this type or actually used these exact adapters? Thank you
    Click image for larger version

Name:	20141229_195731.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	168.8 KB
ID:	435738

Leave a comment:

• marsini
    replied
    thanks for information...I found what was wrong, SD card which I used was probably to slow or something. When I change to new one fast card everything works fine. I have new ROM on my draco.

PS
    I thought that finless ROM include METRO UI louncher but it doesn't. Which louncher I should install - which one you guys prefer?

Leave a comment:

• frhdt007
    replied
    Alternative Flash Method

Originally posted by marsini View Post
    hello guys, I'm new on this forum and I'd like to say hello to everyone.

Just today I received my draco telos and I tried to flash new finless 1.1 rom and I found some problems. First of all I follow regular flashing method by USB cable but my PC (win7) not recognized draco. I've tried many times pressing FN key and connecting USB wire and no positive resultat. Next one I used alternative way with SD card. I prepared SD card with PHOENIXCARD 3.09 and connected with draco...than I disconnected power plug and connect again with hope that flashing process will start. Unfortunatelly nothing happened...I wait for about 15min and nothing. Blue LED on draco not flash at all, no status bar on screen...nothing. When I removed SD card from draco slot and turn device ON than original tronsmart stock rom appear again. Anybody can help?

When I check SD card it include only one folder LOST.DIR which is empty...is it normal?

PS
    sorry for my english it is not my nationality language...
    1) write the image file to an SD card with PhoenixCard V309.
    You should have a successful burning message at the end.

2) insert the SD card in Draco and then power cycle the box. It'll boot and flash .

3) At the end you have to take the sd card out, unplug and plug the power cord to make it boot again .

IMPORTANT NOTE: Just make sure the "Product"; option is checked in PhoenixCard V309 before writing the image to SD card.

Leave a comment:

• GJayJayG
    replied
    Hi
    I would recommand try different SD-Card, had probleme with some, and also with a different SD-card reader if changing SD-Card is not enough, had problem with some also. A 8, 16 or 32 GB should be good enough normally to make it happens. I had the same problem that you have with the usb method, all seems OK driver OK but not recognize by the tools, but managed to flash finless Rom ith SD-Card method

Leave a comment:

• marsini
    replied
    hello guys, I'm new on this forum and I'd like to say hello to everyone.

Just today I received my draco telos and I tried to flash new finless 1.1 rom and I found some problems. First of all I follow regular flashing method by USB cable but my PC (win7) not recognized draco. I've tried many times pressing FN key and connecting USB wire and no positive resultat. Next one I used alternative way with SD card. I prepared SD card with PHOENIXCARD 3.09 and connected with draco...than I disconnected power plug and connect again with hope that flashing process will start. Unfortunatelly nothing happened...I wait for about 15min and nothing. Blue LED on draco not flash at all, no status bar on screen...nothing. When I removed SD card from draco slot and turn device ON than original tronsmart stock rom appear again. Anybody can help?

When I check SD card it include only one folder LOST.DIR which is empty...is it normal?

PS
    sorry for my english it is not my nationality language...

Leave a comment:

• no_spam_for_me
    replied
    Originally posted by frhdt007 View Post
    You would love TWRP!!! no SD card burning, no pc, everything done on the same box!!! Not even unplug and plug power cord !!!
    I understand that you try to force this way because YOU like and prefer TWRP, but I like and prefer the SD-card-way...

Leave a comment:

• frhdt007
    replied
    Alternative Flash Method

Originally posted by no_spam_for_me View Post
    You would love TWRP!!! no SD card burning, no pc, everything done on the same box!!! Not even unplug and plug power cord !!!

Leave a comment:

• no_spam_for_me
    replied
    How did you get stock rom on SD card?
    Here you can download the .img http://www.tronsmart.com/forum/trons...3#.VJcEzM25AKY

Leave a comment:

• frhdt007
    replied
    Alternative Flash Method

I had flashed 1.1 beta2 and I used SD-card-way to flash back to stock rom...
    How did you get stock rom on SD card?

Leave a comment:

• no_spam_for_me
    replied
    If you flash Finless rom, what would you do to flash back to stock rom?
    I had flashed 1.1 beta2 and I used SD-card-way to flash back to stock rom...

Leave a comment:

• frhdt007
    replied
    Alternative Flash Method

Last but not least, at the moment I don't use TWRP because I'm at stock recovery (and I prefer the SD-card-way)....
    If you flash Finless rom, what would you do to flash back to stock rom?

Leave a comment:

• frhdt007
    replied
    Alternative Flash Method

Originally posted by Zahir View Post
    In principle, that should work. BUT:

1. What's gained compared to an .img flash?

2. Some boxes might not be compatible with his backup image.
    Pros
    1) If TWRP exists on any device, we would have 1 standard method to flash any rom. Now, for each device , we have a special tool for flashing.
    2) This method is easy to understand, learn, master, and safe, standard
    3) Like your method, we need no cable, no driver to install on pc
    4) Even with your method we still need a pc to create a SD card. With TWRP, we can download directly on internal storage and transfer it to an an USB key, and that's it, no pc, no sd card, no special program to install on pc!

5) Any rom we install with this method contains only apps belonging to OS, no personal app, that wouldn't create any compatibility problem.

6) each company has to create TWRP for their devices and that's all, no special tool, because we would have a standard method for flashing .

Actually , right now , I use TWRP to flash and reflash any rom I like, stock or Finless. Of course I made a backup first for each rom.

Cons:
    1) would zip file be bigger than img file method ?

My understanding and knowledge are limited , I might miss some technical point of view .
    Last edited by frhdt007; 12-21-2014, 04:33.

Leave a comment:

• no_spam_for_me
    replied
    Last but not least, at the moment I don't use TWRP because I'm at stock recovery (and I prefer the SD-card-way)....

Leave a comment:

• Zahir
    replied
    In principle, that should work. BUT:

1. What's gained compared to an .img flash?

2. Some boxes might not be compatible with his backup image.

Leave a comment:

• frhdt007
    replied
    @Zahir
    Could you validate my ideas :

1) Bob creates a new rom
    2) He flashes his box
    3) He uses TWRP to create Backup
    4) He puts online his Backup
    5) We download his Backup on a USB key
    6) We use TWRP to restore

Thanks!