This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gh0st View Post
    It should and it indeed has. A lot of the time by the same people making different accounts pretending to be potential customers who are horrified about this.

Simple fact is as it's been explained here and at our forum. More people wanted their hdd's to shut off completely than those who didnt want to use an ir remote to turn their box back on. Quite rightly so, a $50+ hdd (sometimes containing priceless personal data) VS using a SUPPLIED remote or ya know, getting off your ass and walking a few metres to turn it on.
    Here's another idea that I use, don't bother turning it off. I've done farts that use more power than these Android boxes. Considering I pay the third highest electricity price in the world (as of 2012, its gone way up since then) I don't see an issue. Mountain/molehill situation here I think.

Thanks as always for your hard work with ROMs and tweaks Bob! I'm sure you know it's very much appreciated

(I so need this emoticon on my forum)
    So the decision goes to people with HDD's attached and no one else? What about people using vesa mounts? People using them in cabinets, people that don't have a HDD attached? Seriously. if you are concerned about power, seeing as you live somewhere with high electricity prices, then turn your box off. You can then walk the couple of meters to turn it back on. I bought a flashy remote that can't even turn the same brand box on. Thats a bit sh@#t if you ask me.

I think Minix should update their website....

Multi-OS Support

The NEO A2 is compatible with the entire MINIX NEO Series – NEO X5 mini, X5, X6, X7 mini, X7, X8, X8-H – in addition to all popular OS platforms, including Windows, Mac OS X, Android and Linux.

It should state that it only partly works, the power button for example doesn't turn the box on. Oh wait, no, no one would buy it then would they.

Sorry I'm ranting but this has really got me annoyed, not so much the lack of basic function but the attitude of Minix. Last year I was in the first batch of x7's, was a complete nightmare, the box used to reboot all the time. I got called a liar on the forum by Minix, they said my symptoms did not exist and it was my fault for rooting it, they then later returned my box and fixed the rebooting with firmware updates. My stupid fault I suppose, I should of learnt my lesson back then.

And on the point of appreciation, I do appreciate Bob and other modders work, I have donated to Bob in the past for his work and other Firmware makers/modders across the whole community that I have used.

Comment

Damn... I tried all day to fix this damn power issue. I thought I had it. I got it to work "sometimes".

Going to take a fresh look at it again tomorrow.

Needless to say it is not the kernel DTD stuff. Went all through that. I am going to poke around in framework tomorrow but if it's not in framework (power manager service) then it's going to be in the kernel and nothing I can do about it.

Bob
      "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
      "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
      "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
      "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
      "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
      "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
      "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
      "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
      "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

Originally posted by Finless View Post
        Damn... I tried all day to fix this damn power issue. I thought I had it. I got it to work "sometimes".

Going to take a fresh look at it again tomorrow.

Needless to say it is not the kernel DTD stuff. Went all through that. I am going to poke around in framework tomorrow but if it's not in framework (power manager service) then it's going to be in the kernel and nothing I can do about it.

Bob
        Good luck Bob!

Comment

NAILED IT!

I got it guys... it wasn't in the kernel.

It is now working every time with my K400 keyboard power button.

Thanks to Abdul_pt, he gave me an idea it was not in the kernel. I was chasing the wrong damn thing....

Stay tuned for a patch for my 2.0 ROM!

Bob

Comment

Excellent work bob thank you very much for helping us again

Comment

Issue is now resolved and patch available.

I am closing this thread and MOVING ON!

Bob

Comment