OpenELEC (UnOfficial) for MK808B Plus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OpenELEC (UnOfficial) for MK808B Plus

I found an unoffcial OpenElec build for the MK808B Plus.

download: https://github.com/kszaq/OpenELEC.tv/releases

Tried myself and it boots up good and must say the h.265 playback is better than under android.
    Though it is stated that the HDMI-CEC is working it did not respond my TV.

Nice find! Thanks for sharing! I can't wait for my mk808b+ to arrive...

Comment

Nice to know!
      I will try as soon as possible

Comment

I already installed it and it seems to be working fine.. The only thing that isn't working is HDMI-CEC (SimpLink on my LG TV)... This is most likely caused by the HDMI cable that comes standard with the device. I've ordered a mini HDMI to HDMI convertor for use with a normal HDMI cable. Hopefully this will fix the problem.

Comment

All we need now is ubuntu

All we need now is a working ubuntu....i don't even care about graphical interface......
          Prahjister ****MK808(nonB)****MK808B V5****MK808B Plus****UBOX R89**** CX919****MK808B Pro****Nexbox N9****Eny Em95****Matricon Q2****Tanix TX5 Pro****

Comment

I can confirm HDMI-CEC is working properly with the Openelec release! It needs 20sec to boot and launch Kodi then you're good to go

Comment

Really fast and playback better than android!

Any way to install a client torrent inside ?

Comment

Thanks - need to give this a try
                Team UX
                http://www.ultimatexbmc.com/

http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...-ULTIMATE-XBMC

Comment

HUGE BANG 4 YOUR BUCK

Wow I'm speechless. OpenElec running on a £25.00 dongle that supports H265. Is the chaps name CodeSnake? - If so you ARE THE MAN, the absolute DON!!!!

THANK YOU VERY MUCH INDEED.

Comment

Did anyone test this with SimpLink? it's the LG variant of HDMI-CEC.. I can't get it to show any device. Tried several cables. Too bad I don't have another CEC-compatible TV to test with.

Comment

SMASHING

Hi All,

I sent my colleague home to fetch his 808B+ and we haven't stopped putting it through OpenElec tests.

Flashing the thing was lightning fast, tried a few popular plugins such as Icefilms & Genesis BUT not tried Mashup as I only have that on my PI since it went offline and is kind of back, All seems to be working well. DVD ISO's also play well but some not as good as OpenElec on my HP 9470 but this is to be expected as the 9470 is MUCH more powerful than the 808b+

One thing I would say although I'm not complaining by a long way is to have refresh rate of 23.98Hz as your a bit limited with 24,50,60 but apart from that the developer has done a smashing job so hats of to him/her, a big THANK YOU.

Regards, ISO

Comment

Hello, I have a problem with unofficial addon repo.

I follow this guide: http://unofficial.addon.pro/ but my list is still empty.
                        Is a bug of this release ?

Thanks

Comment

Nice find, thanks for the post!

It's faster than Kodi on Android and so far everything works fine.

I have one 808bPlus running Android with SQL and Samba server and the one running openelec gets the library and thumbnails from the server.

I'm not yet sure if I'll leave it with openelec just because Android has so much more possibilities (Emulators, Netflix, web browser, live TV apps,... )

oh, one problem I found: my FlyAir mouse right click goes to Home and not just back.

Comment

​Very good find and very promissing !

Comment

Is just me or does the WiFi seem more stable on this than the Android ROM, my WiFi was dropping from 65mbs to 5/6mbs back to 19mbs on the finless ROM and stock ROM it just seem to stream better less buffering...!!!

Sent from my XT890 using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X