OpenELEC (UnOfficial) for MK808B Plus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello everyone.

Nice to see that my ROM is working for you. I didn't want to post it here since I don't think it's finished yet and I'm constantly working on improvements here and there.

Somebody asked about the author... this is mostly codesnake's work with me adding support and optimizing for MK808B Plus.

Unfortunately I won't be able to help you with HD-Audio passthrough problems since my TV only accepts PCM 2.0 and I don't own an AV receiver.

Comment

Originally posted by kszaq View Post
      Hello everyone.

Nice to see that my ROM is working for you. I didn't want to post it here since I don't think it's finished yet and I'm constantly working on improvements here and there.

Somebody asked about the author... this is mostly codesnake's work with me adding support and optimizing for MK808B Plus.

Unfortunately I won't be able to help you with HD-Audio passthrough problems since my TV only accepts PCM 2.0 and I don't own an AV receiver.
      Can you do your magic and port over the odroid-c1 linux img?
      Prahjister ****MK808(nonB)****MK808B V5****MK808B Plus****UBOX R89**** CX919****MK808B Pro****Nexbox N9****Eny Em95****Matricon Q2****Tanix TX5 Pro****

Comment

Hi kszaq, nice to see you here! Thank you for your great openELEC port!

Originally posted by prahjister View Post
        Can you do your magic and port over the odroid-c1 linux img?
        +1! The only thing even nicer than openELEC would be some kind of KODIbuntu. I guesss the device should be powerfull enough for that.

Comment

Originally posted by kszaq View Post
          Hello everyone.

Great work .

Comment

Can this build be installed in mxq s802 ,since mk808b android fw works eith mxqs802.

Comment

Can this build be installed in mxq s802 ,since mk808b android fw works in mxq.

Comment

Edit: HEVC play OK.
                Last edited by ric360; 02-06-2015, 19:25.

Comment

I think its a limit of MK808B Plus hardware or software
                  In fact I have different h.265 videos not working.
                  There videos are playable only via software (slowly in mk808)...with hardware mode I have only audio

This problem is not only for OpenELEC distribution but also for stock firmware and custom roms

Comment

Please post sample H.265 videos that do not work, I'll see if I can do something to fix it.

Comment

Originally posted by xitpu View Post
                      I think its a limit of MK808B Plus hardware or software
                      In fact I have different h.265 videos not working.
                      There videos are playable only via software (slowly in mk808)...with hardware mode I have only audio

This problem is not only for OpenELEC distribution but also for stock firmware and custom roms
                      You maybe right but the Mali-450 should support H265. My H265 files do not work either, the files do however play smoothly from what I hear from the sound as some provide pretty colours and sound and some just crash, a reboot sometimes creates random differences. My adreno 310 I think in my phone plays 265 well (MotoG) and my HP 9470 running Official OpenELEC also plays well and although I could be wrong I feel the Mali-450 is better than both of those.

Comment

Originally posted by smoothquark View Post
                        1. Boots up as 1920x1080, then goes on to 1280x720 and then back to 1920x1080 when kodi starts up. I presume there must be a setting in OpenElec? Shall work on it a bit more...
                        This will be fixed in next release. There will be a short black screen when displaying OpenELEC logo since the first part is handled by uBoot and second one by OpenELEC. This can't be changed but I fixed unnecessary resolution switching.

2. HDMI-CEC does not work with the stock mini-HDMI to HDMI cable. Tries the various HDMI ports on both my TV (Samsung) and Yamaha AV receiver. dmesg has the same lines as the android ROMs. Interesting that libcec is not compiled in? Anyway, I have ordered a mini-HDMI adapter to use with one of my other HDMI cables and shall update how I get on.
                        libCEC is not compiled in since Amlogic devices handle CEC entirely on kernel side. I have read that WeTek team is working on libCEC driver for Amlogic devices and I may integrate it when it's done. Unfortunately I don't have enough knowledge to write it on my own.

3. HD-Audio (DolbyHD and DTS-HD) does not seem to work? I have enabled it under advanced settings on audio settings, but kodi seems to try to play it as stereo and consequently, very slow. Plays DTS fine when DTS-HD is disabled. Is this expected behaviour? If so, will hopefully improve soon....
                        HD-Audio may not be properly handled by S805 SoC that we have in our devices. As I stated before I don't have an AV receiver to test it so I'm unable to help in that matter.

Comment

Great work!

Inviato dal mio Nexus 5 utilizzando Tapatalk

Comment

@kszaq: Kodi only shows about 600mb of RAM (in the debug overlay), shouldn't that be more? If i remember correctly, kodi showed about 900mb on Android.

Comment

Originally posted by phinc View Post
                              @kszaq: Kodi only shows about 600mb of RAM (in the debug overlay), shouldn't that be more? If i remember correctly, kodi showed about 900mb on Android.
                              This is because I disabled HIGHMEM support in kernel for the latest release and that should have been enabled. This will be changed in the next release.

Comment

HDMI-CEC works fine with my Samsung TV and newly arrived mini-HDMI to HDMI adapter but not with the stock cable. However, still cannot get it to work with my LG TV.

Comment

Working...
                                X