Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pepelillo View Post
    Hi all.

I've asked this before in MQX thread, but perhaps I'll be more lucky here.
    I wonder if it's possible to have a version working from SD, I found this info and would be great if we can get the same:

Anyone?
    This should be possible with custom u-boot, or maybe also by manipulating env variables in the current u-boot installed.

Basically let it first try to boot a specified kernel from SD-card, and if not found, boot whatever is on NAND.
    This is what happens already when you press the recovery button during power-up. U-boot will notice this and boot recovery.img from SD-card.

So we could change/add to this, that not even the recovery button needs to be pressed.

Comment

Hi kszaq,

Thanks a lot for your efforts to port this.

I just flashed it on my MXQ S85 and it seems to run much better than the amlinux.ru build for the MXQ.
      E.g. SPDIF out is working, which was not working in the amlinux build.

Is there a chance you could also create a build for MXQ S85?
      I think 95% works already as it is very similar to the MK808B Plus.

One thing I noticed not being detected is the onboard Ethernet (which the MK808B does not have).

Comment

OpenELEC (UnOfficial) for MK808B Plus

Originally posted by freezer2k View Post
        Hi kszaq,

I just flashed it on my MXQ S85 and it seems to run much better than the amlinux.ru build for the MXQ.

One thing I noticed not being detected is the onboard Ethernet (which the MK808B does not have).
        MXQ has emmc flash as oppose to nand on 808b+ so OpeneELEC should fly better/faster than 808

Comment

Originally posted by Iso-playback View Post
          MXQ has emmc flash as oppose to nand on 808b+ so OpeneELEC should fly better/faster than 808
          There's another box called MXQ, I have this one:

It has NAND TSOP 48 flash.
          But anyway, it seems to run very fast until now.

Comment

First of all thanks you for your work. I'm another one waiting for HDMI-CEC working, but I've noticed one problem. If I set sound 5.1 does not sound anything. I have to set sound on 2.0 to have sound working, but this way does not have DTS working.
            I hope this can be solved on next releases

Comment

Hi kszaq,

Hi ,
              Which mxq box did u flash this and works ?
              I got MXQ also ,the one without button in the top ,just written mxq on top ,will this work in this ?

Comment

Hi guys, first of all thanks for this firmware, everything working better than stock rom!
                Basic stuff working fine...
                stupid question: when a new version will be released, how could I update without wipe everything?

Comment

I have also the same box as freexer2k: good Beelink product , low price, full of custom rom, but mine is in the car atm, will have to buy another one! Openelec is soo tempting!

Inviato dal mio Nexus 5 utilizzando Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Milite777 View Post
                    Hi guys, first of all thanks for this firmware, everything working better than stock rom!
                    Basic stuff working fine...
                    stupid question: when a new version will be released, how could I update without wipe everything?
                    Same question!! I'm waiting the key from china, but i want install openelec and don't want to wipe everything at every update

Comment

Originally posted by icebird View Post
                      First of all thanks you for your work. I'm another one waiting for HDMI-CEC working, but I've noticed one problem. If I set sound 5.1 does not sound anything. I have to set sound on 2.0 to have sound working, but this way does not have DTS working.
                      I hope this can be solved on next releases
                      HDMI-CEC certainly works for me .. and so does DD 5.1 and DTS - both passthrough and internal decoding.
                      I take it you are using the stock HDMI cable? CEC did not work for me with this, and same as others in this forum. Try a different cable, and it will likely fix both the problems you're having.

Comment

Originally posted by nevoz View Post
                        HDMI-CEC certainly works for me .. and so does DD 5.1 and DTS - both passthrough and internal decoding.
                        I take it you are using the stock HDMI cable? CEC did not work for me with this, and same as others in this forum. Try a different cable, and it will likely fix both the problems you're having.
                        I've read that, but until found a mini hdmi converter that bought time ago I can't try it.

About sound if I enable passtrough with dts and dts-HD besides don't sound anything (Logitech Z-5500), image stuttering a lot

Comment

I've read that, but until found a mini hdmi converter that bought time ago I can't try it.

About sound if I enable passtrough with dts and dts-HD besides don't sound anything (Logitech Z-5500), image stuttering a lot
                          How are you connecting the Android stick and the amp? The Logitech Z-5500 doesn't have HDMI, and the MK808B Plus does not have SPDIF out. Also, the Z-5500 does not support DTS-HD (only DTS). I had one of these and upgraded to an Onkyo AVR (use it with the Z-5500 speakers and sub, works well).

Comment

I won't release a build for a box that I don't have but I will enable Ethernet drivers for you in the next release. I hope that will do.

Originally posted by Milite777 View Post
                            when a new version will be released, how could I update without wipe everything?
                            Simply follow the guidelines on OpenELEC wiki: http://wiki.openelec.tv/index.php/Updating_OpenELEC

Comment

Originally posted by nevoz View Post
                              How are you connecting the Android stick and the amp? The Logitech Z-5500 doesn't have HDMI, and the MK808B Plus does not have SPDIF out. Also, the Z-5500 does not support DTS-HD (only DTS). I had one of these and upgraded to an Onkyo AVR (still use the Z-5500 speakers and sub though, works well).
                              I have the stick connected to the TV, and TV connected via optical cable to the home cinema

Comment

I have the stick connected to the TV, and TV connected via optical cable to the home cinema
                                Very few TVs will pass DTS from HDMI to optical in this way. Are you sure yours can?

Comment

Working...
                                X