HDMI and RJ45

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by johnnygal View Post

I am using the onboard ethernet and have done the CS state thing and setup a dummy secondary monitor. This was working fine without a monitor for a couple of weeks but just had the instance mentioned above, where ethernet went down until I connected a monitor. I may opt for this headless ghost adapter.
    And I also unchecked the "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power" option on the onboard ethernet adapter.

I am using the machine as an RDP unit though, so to me the connection needs to be as fast as possible since it needs to handle a bit of a load plus my connection overhead.

Comment

yep, mine runs headless and I use vnc to connect to it when needed. One interesting point is that when the onboard Ethernet stopped working (its an internal USB device according to device manager), my other USB devices carried on working fine.
      I have just ordered one of those headlessghost HDMI connectors.
      If it happens again with this installed, I will probably go for an external USB network adapter too

Comment

Originally posted by johnnygal View Post
        yep, mine runs headless and I use vnc to connect to it when needed. One interesting point is that when the onboard Ethernet stopped working (its an internal USB device according to device manager), my other USB devices carried on working fine.
        I have just ordered one of those headlessghost HDMI connectors.
        If it happens again with this installed, I will probably go for an external USB network adapter too

I have mine in my tank stand. It's got the mods done to the heatsink and everything, and I mounted it using two universal mounts meant for Apple TV and Roku boxes. It's actually pretty sweet. I mounted it with the bottom part exposed so it had better air flow than it might anyways. It's a nice little unit, No problems to mention but it's only been two days. Havent messed with anything in the BIOS but it's already outperforming my old Lenovo s10 which had this same role so It's more than fine. I think I may have a perfect machine for all future tanks I do, Very excited to have a nice little unit that doesnt hinder what else I can store with my other necessary equipment.

Comment

Originally posted by kenman345 View Post

I have mine in my tank stand.
          Ok, I'm curious. What is a 'tank stand'?

Comment

Originally posted by degsie View Post

Ok, I'm curious. What is a 'tank stand'?
            I have an aquarium. Tank stand holds it up so it's not on the ground. Sorry if that wasnt clear.
            Attached Files

Comment

Watercooling?
              RK3288 Devices
              - Overview BOX (LINK !)
              - Overview STICK (Dongle) (LINK !)

MINIX NEO: Z64 W/A - (Intel Z3735F); X8-H Plus - (Amlogic S812H); A2 Lite (sponsored by minix.com.hk)
              UGOOS UT3S (4/32GB with fan) - FW 2.0.6 - (RK3288) (sponsored by GearBest.com)
              Tronsmart Draco AW80 Meta (2/16GB) - FW v2.0rc3 - (Allwinner A80) (sponsored by GeekBuying.com)
              Beelink / UBOX R89 - FW 111k4110_1219 - (RK3288) (sponsored by Netxeon (Beelink))

RK3188: pcb => "CH001 1332 TN-BX09_V2.1" (K-R42 / CS918...) => wasser KK 1.0.3 (old rev)
              Fly Mouse Mini Wireless Keyboard with 2 mode learning IR remote 'iPazzPort KP-810-16'

Comment

Working...
              X