Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[REF]Complete list of (Elektrik's) Modified Stock/Custom' ROMS for Polaroid tablets

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ne
    Last edited by greenluigi1; 05-21-2019, 03:50.

Comment

Pmid705

Hey elektrik, I just recently picked up the 705 (not the x). Would this rom work with tweaks? I'd be a more than willing beta tester.

Comment

Originally posted by HailingFromCork View Post
        Hey elektrik, I just recently picked up the 705 (not the x). Would this rom work with tweaks? I'd be a more than willing beta tester.
        I could modify the stock image to add google play and remove the bloat if you want to try that....
        https://public.bay.livefilestore.com...ion.png?psid=1

Comment

Originally posted by greenluigi1 View Post
          Never mind I just installed it and it has not worked

(I like your ROM though)
          When you say USB Hosting though, I'm not exactly sure what you mean... I'll take a look see into adding it once I understand what you're looking to do.

Comment

those are my two biggest concerns for now. that would be very much appreciated, thanks in advance. would i still only be able to view somewhat limited apps in the playstore that way?

Comment

Originally posted by HailingFromCork View Post
              those are my two biggest concerns for now. that would be very much appreciated, thanks in advance. would i still only be able to view somewhat limited apps in the playstore that way?
              Possibly-there is a fix for certain apps for the PMID701 series that I could you could try independently (that I could cook into the ROM).

LiquidLimez posted this...I don't know whether you should install ALL of the fixes (I'd just copy all the files in the /permissions folder...) to see if it worked.

Comment

El

Comment

El

Comment

PMID705X Build

I know it's experimental, so I decided to test the PMID705X build. I hope this is the correct place to report it. It seems to be missing root. SuperSU updates and fails to update the su binaries, and the reboot app says "This requires root".

Comment

Also, the version of google+ it uses doesn't support hangouts.. not sure about this. And many other apps keep reporting 'unfortunately, this app has stopped'. I did manage to get a more current google+ APK installed, but it freezes when a hangout starts, probably confused on the dual camera support

Comment

And root checker says that the device is not rooted anymore.

Comment

Bleh I can't find crap concerning the PMID1000B. I will SO test this if anyone is willing to cook something up.

Comment

Originally posted by Howie69 View Post
                            I know it's experimental, so I decided to test the PMID705X build. I hope this is the correct place to report it. It seems to be missing root. SuperSU updates and fails to update the su binaries, and the reboot app says "This requires root".
                            Ok Howie-thanks for the feedback. I'll take a look at that ROM again...

Comment

Originally posted by jrparker21 View Post
                              Bleh I can't find crap concerning the PMID1000B. I will SO test this if anyone is willing to cook something up.
                              JR-someone else with a PMID1000B mentioned a custom ROM to me too-I'm working on it, but patience is the order-you guys are #3 in line :-)

Comment

Originally posted by elektrik View Post
                                JR-someone else with a PMID1000B mentioned a custom ROM to me too-I'm working on it, but patience is the order-you guys are #3 in line :-)

Hey, thanks for the response. Wanted to update you with what I have done. I used your modified stock rom for the PMID10C and it's wonderful. However, 2 things:

1. There is a software update automatically after the flash. After applying this, the tablet froze at the Polaroid boot screen. So I reflashed and it's fine without the update.

2. The camera doesn't work. I personally don't care.

As far as I see, there aren't any other issues. However, I am willing to test any ROM you may provide in regards to the PMID1000B. Keep up the great work!

Comment

Working...
                                X