iMito MX1/2 - Finless ROM 1.5 - Root, debloat, init.d support

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Arqs View Post
    Is the toolbar at the bottom of the screen black or gray?
    Black and a little lighter that than black surrounding screen.

Comment

am I supposed to set up the MX on my TV - then connect it to my desktop?

Because the instructions make it seem like it's supposed to be connected to tv/desktop at the same time.

I would really like to get this working today - so hopefully someone is around - and not celebrating the holidays yet!

Comment

Originally posted by RalphS View Post
        am I supposed to set up the MX on my TV - then connect it to my desktop?

Because the instructions make it seem like it's supposed to be connected to tv/desktop at the same time.

I would really like to get this working today - so hopefully someone is around - and not celebrating the holidays yet!
        Yes, I think the idea is that you have it connected to the TV and your PC at the same time.

Not an expert as I don't have a MX1 yet. Hopefully Santa is bringing me one tomorrow though!!

Comment

what if you don't have that luxury -- is it still possible to flash?

My TV is in one room - and my desktop is in another - - and I don't own a laptop.

Can I just do the MX1 stuff on the TV - then connect it to the computer?

Comment

Is there anyway you can connect the MX1 to your desktop monitor?

Comment

no.. sadly my monitor does not have an HDMI input...

only the old school input...

Comment

You have to have a screen to see settings menu so yes, you have to have it hooked to a TV and PC.

Bob
                "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
                "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
                "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
                "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
                "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
                "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
                "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
                "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
                "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

well.. that seems awfully silly.

I am now going to see how to move my computer about 15 feet - - or buy a super long usb cord.

Comment

will it work if I set up the MX1 on the TV - then connect it to the desktop?

Basically - my wifi connection is awful - - and I am told I need this update to get it working.

And I would rather not spend $25 on a super long USB cord for a unit that cost me $65.

Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

Comment

Borrow a small TV, maybe?

Comment

Originally posted by RalphS View Post
                        will it work if I set up the MX1 on the TV - then connect it to the desktop?

Basically - my wifi connection is awful - - and I am told I need this update to get it working.

And I would rather not spend $25 on a super long USB cord for a unit that cost me $65.

Any insight would be greatly appreciated.
                        Not really because when you unplug it, all the settings default again.

But the MX1 depending on the stock ROM you have in it, defaults to USB storage mode. So in theory you should be able to plug it into your PC and the flash tool should say "Found RKandroid MASS storage". If it does, you can proceed to follow my instructions.

ALso make sure you plug in using the SIDE usb port on the MX1 not the back port!

Bob
                        "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
                        "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
                        "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
                        "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
                        "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
                        "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
                        "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
                        "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
                        "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

Originally posted by Xizor View Post
                          Borrow a small TV, maybe?
                          Hmm I seem to be having periodic WIFI drops with this, I didnt have before any ideas?

Comment

ok - please - maybe someone can help me understand this.

So -- I went to a friend's house to do this... (this was before I read that I can probably do it without the tv connection).

#1 - at his house - my MX1 is getting 20MB download speeds... we both have WIreless N modems that we purchased within the last 2 months.. Mine is an ASUS his is a linksys.. at my place - it's only getting 1MB.. all my other wifi devices get 20MB in the apt but the MX1. So that's weird.

#2 - I started it - it recognized the MX1 - it was in mass storage mode.. but - it said that there was no disk so it couldn't do the flash mode thingy.

Any thoughts on either 1 or 2?

again.. I would really appreciate any insight on this.

Comment

I get an error when installing drivers on windows 8 64bit. any solution?

Comment

update on my end.

I was able to do the flash thingy with no problems on my home computer... w/o connecting to a monitor - so thanks for that..

and it's back up with your rom.

BUT - I am still getting SUPER SLOW wifi on the device..

It's gotten better.. now to 2MB instead of 1MB with the new rom.. but still nothing like the 20mb.. my ipad and my razr maxx get...

and nothing like the 20MB it was getting at my friend's apt.

Plus - the pocket TV unit still gets the 20MB.. so it must be some sort of problem w the actual device...

any ideas?

Comment

Working...
                                X