Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

id numbers

rk3066 should say anfb425 1251 in crisp white anf logo should be clean too

memory chips say geil256x8ddr3 four the four smaller chips and on the other side beside the radio module a large rectangular chip is memory also and says hynix h27ucgbt2atr

the clone has a number on the pcb right underneath the HDMI connector that starts with a Q and has several letters in all after the Q

Comment

if you cant make them out because they are kind of a muddy greyish white and blurry

That is exactly how my clones chips are nothing is crisp clear on them

Comment

Originally posted by johnblagg View Post
        That is exactly how my clones chips are nothing is crisp clear on them
        Thanks for posting the pics and the details of your chips. I will be returning it soon. My Geekbuying iMito should be coming soon, tracking information shows it's in my city.

Comment

can you give me the names of the manufacturer on the chips

would like to make a list of what chips are used on clones and what chips are on real Imitos

the clone I have had three different chips used for the smaller memory chips and the big 8 gig nand another company as well

would like to know the location of the reset switch as well if it has one and if not that as well ....

I had posted a review on amazon about this originally then at Vali's request took it down until I could be sure I was correct on this. Just a few minutes ago posted a revised review telling people he is selling clones that are identified in firmware as ugo007 and the boot screens display R-BOX claiming they are brand name IMITO mx1 units using the facts resulting from comparing the results generated by this thread as well as a few other forums facts on how to Identify a IMITO mx1 and the clone he is selling .....

Next step is filing a official complaint with amazon about this and make him stop claiming they are THE IMITO MX1 and perhaps get some money refunded to everyone he sold these to .... I got a refund for myself and let it ride so I could keep the unit to make this comparison with ...but I would like to stop him now. Im a BITCH when Im scammed and dont like being sold something that is almost what I ordered but is built with crappy mix and match parts which do basicly what it should and until you see the real unit in use dont know that it should provide much better preformance so they get away with it ....

The clone does just that and the only area I see the difference so far in in the video and it is just a annoying spattering of single white pixels sparkling around while watching netflix ect , but that is on a new out of the box unit what is it going to be like in a month or so ?

Comment

took another look at your pics

the number on the pcb T005 v3 matches mine but mine is v2 ... and I see the reset switch above the rc3006 chipas well in the same place tells me it is the same unit as mine but the date on yours is 2012 11 13 mine is 2012 11 08 .... strange mine is made after yours but a v2 ...
            and the 8 gig chip has the hynix brand on it so it is not the same as on mine and the numbers on the small memory modules on the back side of yours are both the same so memory modules are matched sets which is good .... not exactly the same as mine but pcb number indicates same company but a bit better quality than mine in fact

I have noticed Chinese tend to number new stuff with lower numbers that the original on several things now

Comment

Here is a page of someone from the xda forums that opened his Branded iMito. Everything is more legible and is using completely different chips from mine.

Comment

Originally posted by lion2 View Post
                Here is a page of someone from the xda forums that opened his Branded iMito. Everything is more legible and is using completely different chips from mine.

https://plus.google.com/u/0/photos/1...a-a9766f8bf4d9
                How is the 8GB partitioned on the Geekbuying iMito's?

Comment

LOL they never show the full memory but as for how it partitioned I dont really know that yet ... and just spent a couple of hours figuring out how to re-partition a corrupted sd card myself this morning

Comment

Originally posted by johnblagg View Post
                    LOL they never show the full memory but as for how it partitioned I dont really know that yet ... and just spent a couple of hours figuring out how to re-partition a corrupted sd card myself this morning
                    My legit iMito from Geekbuying arrived! Everything looks good and now am in the process of upgrading to Finless 1.5! Had I not read this thread I would've kept the VALI iMito because it would've arrived earlier and rejected the Geekbuying iMito. Thanks all!

Comment

Well actualy you hae to look at more than the chips when the competition is this string

A cheaper build becomes a major concern when the clones are running everywhere and pcb quality , reflow wotk , and the really small parts like resistors ,cps,and diodes so small you can barely make out what they are for sure become the high failure points .... and the smaller they get the more they affect how things preform .... just the lay out of circuit traces can affect that due to radio frequency speed data buses leaking noise to nearby components ...
                      the smaller things get the more this matters .

Comment

petty i've not find this site befor ordering

hallo every one.
                        i'm new here
                        i order myn on aliexpress and hope will get the orginal one with imito logo and nog rbox or some thing els....
                        what the best way to get XBMC,or did it come preinstalled with it?
                        thanx alot

Comment

this is my imito

i dont know if its real or fake, i just know that it freezes and reboots constantly

Comment

have you looked in the setting menu under device info

Originally posted by Ridata View Post
                            this is my imito

i dont know if its real or fake, i just know that it freezes and reboots constantly

look there and see which rom is in it. maybe a rom update would help ....

Comment

to make it clear if i don't want to open the usb stick , the only way to know if it fake the logo boot ???or is there any other way to know without open up the usb ?
                              thanx for all the info

Comment

look in settings and see which rom it is running

[QUOTE=hayman;51929]to make it clear if i don't want to open the usb stick , the only way to know if it fake the logo boot ???or is there any other way to know without open up the usb ?
                                thanx for all the info[/QUO

check the rom version in settings and see which one is on it

Comment

Working...
                                X