Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GalaxyICS

Hi Sowa,

I assume you are aware of the work on the Galaxy ACE at galaxyICS.com and was wondering if you could do anything with the latest release to enable this to be run on our Arnova's? The camera drivers aren't in place but that really does not concern me with the 8G2.

Please say if this would or wouldn't be possible.

many thanks in advance and thanks for all your work on the latest ROM.

Comment

SU is FC'ing....Apps2sd has stopped working...... And my backup has corrupted!!!!!!!

Help....

Started after uninstalling picaso!!!!!

Worked perfectly before this!!!!

OK panick over!!!!!!
      still had root access phew! used mybackup pro to wipe SU's data and cache..
      SU works now ad so does App2sd..

backup still corrupted but deleted and created new one!
      Last edited by lohtse; 03-08-2012, 09:00.

Comment

also when will we see the features of the 4gig on the 8gig lol

Comment

Lol ignore last comment...miss read new rom as for 4gig instead of 8 gig.... soon as made sure back up is fine and copied all data etc to pc harddrive will be updating!!.

anyone ever got titanium to work properly as never restores for me!

Comment

Arnova screen only

Hello Sowa,

i tried to upgrade using a custom rom but it has failed and i cannot seem to get it back to the original rom. i only get the Arnova screen. i have tried the reset and power button and the + button to try and get into the recovery screen but this does not work.
            i have an arnova 8 g2 8gb model.
            please can you help as i have only had this for a week - i didnt realise i couldnt go onto android market until after i bought it and want it for coaching.

thanks

Dax

Comment

Ignore me please. Wrong post.

Comment

Originally posted by daxss77 View Post
                Hello Sowa,

i tried to upgrade using a custom rom but it has failed and i cannot seem to get it back to the original rom. i only get the Arnova screen. i have tried the reset and power button and the + button to try and get into the recovery screen but this does not work.
                i have an arnova 8 g2 8gb model.
                please can you help as i have only had this for a week - i didnt realise i couldnt go onto android market until after i bought it and want it for coaching.

thanks

Dax
                In the tablet from the ARCHOS does not work in the conventional sense of the recovery.
                It is only possible flashing with RK29BatchTool clicking the "Restore".

Stock firmware to ARNOVA 8G2 8Gb capactive can be found here http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...1Gb-user-space
                Archos 7c HT (My Custom ROM production) -> ARNOVA 8G2 8Gb (My modification MorkaMod JB v.1.2)
                Chinese STAR A5000=>Star N8000 (My Custom ROM production)

Comment

Is there a stock firmware for a Arnova 8 G2 with a resistive screen yet? Unfortunately the warning about the rom not working on a resistive screen is not on the page you first find using Google. I mailed Arnova support with a request for a stock firmware, but I doubt they will send it to me and if it will work with Rockchip batch tools.

Since it is already halfbricked... take a risk and flash a 7 G2 stock version or can you provide me with the resistive version of the stock firmware or a edited version of the capacitive firmware which does work with a resistive screen?

Comment

The only way we can help you is if someone with an 8G2 Resistive screen does a ROM dump of thier tablet or Arnova kicks one out for download.

Find us a dump and we can make you a ROM.

Bob
                    "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
                    "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
                    "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
                    "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
                    "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
                    "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
                    "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
                    "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
                    "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

Arnova replied and stated I should wait for them to release a firmware update. I replied that I needed a dump from the current firmware so let's wait and see. I don't think they will hand it over though and if they do I wonder if it works with the Rockchip batch tool because a tablet without a touchscreen is not very usable.

I guess any dump would help right now, but so far I decline on buying another 8 G2 with a resistive screen just to get my hands on a dump. Hope someone with the same models responds and makes the dump.

Comment

Dump Request

Originally posted by Hotzenwalder View Post
                        Arnova replied and stated I should wait for them to release a firmware update. I replied that I needed a dump from the current firmware so let's wait and see. I don't think they will hand it over though and if they do I wonder if it works with the Rockchip batch tool because a tablet without a touchscreen is not very usable.

I guess any dump would help right now, but so far I decline on buying another 8 G2 with a resistive screen just to get my hands on a dump. Hope someone with the same models responds and makes the dump.
                        I have a Arnova 8 GS with a resistive screen. Can you tell me how to provide you with a dump? Or perhaps you have a link to some other Custom ROM.

Comment

Originally posted by dsteenmijn View Post
                          I have a Arnova 8 GS with a resistive screen. Can you tell me how to provide you with a dump? Or perhaps you have a link to some other Custom ROM.
                          If this is the dual touch Resistive screen model... ALREADY done my friend

http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...-now-available!

Bob
                          "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
                          "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
                          "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
                          "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
                          "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
                          "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
                          "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
                          "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
                          "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

Confirm can get Bluetooth to work and have got a Bluetooth GPS to work also. Bluetooth a cheap £0.85 one from hong kong ( now gone up to £1.01 ). Cant get later releases (eg 5.4s) to work with bluetooth

Comment

Working...
                            X