Nvidia Shield Concole.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nvidia Shield Concole.

Hi. Will any 1 be getting the new Nvidia Shield Concole. When it available here in the uk that is. Its got some hardware like. I for one will be first in line.

Really hoping to see some support here at FreakTab for this device. Mine just arrived today, Struggling. Def not as easy to get along with as my Minix X7 has been. Def has some speeed to it though. Sideloading for days since the playstore has like Nothing in it that i want. ATM. So far i've sideloaded ES File Explorer, Nova, TWC TV, and Tapatalk. Im sure i'll get more on there this evening. but for now i should prob get back to work lol

Comment

Your 1 lucky bugger getting your hands on 1. I don't think it is coming to the uk until about Aug Sep. Can you side load kodi on it. ?

Comment

I'll give it a go, can you post a link to the apk?

Comment

Just go to there website. Just type in kodi.

Comment

Have you got the 16 gb 1 ore th 500 gb 1. ?

Comment

im using the 16g model , i've gotten by so far with that on the minix x7. Hope i don't end up regretting it in the long run. So I downloaded the kodi apk from their website. 14.2 and it was a no go. Did NOT install. I'll look around and see if i can't see of anyone else running into the issue and if they had a work around. for right now i'm looking for a launcher that works well. Nova just didn't feel right.

Edit: oops i tried the x86 build. and it was a no go silly me. the ARM version installs just fine. 14.2 running A-OK
              Last edited by unlo; 06-03-2015, 05:32.

Comment

I received my 16gb model in the UK yesterday through Amazon com (not Amazon.co.uk), took 3 days with expedited delivery from the US and altogether cost £200 with tax and the quickest delivery method. What a box,very impressed so far. it's so powerful and easily handles anything I've thrown at it. I'm using it on a 4k TV with 4k 60hz and 8bit colour and have had no problems at all. Streaming the Grid games seems to work well with no lag. I've installed the beta Kodi app for Nvidia shield made by koying and it seems to work fine. The only problem I have with the box is the Android TV OS is really terrible and you have to sideload apps as there's virtually nothing in the Google TV Play Store which is a real pain, navigation is also poor using a mouse and the usual left button to go back doesn't work. Apart from that, it's easily the best Android box I've owned and given a bit more love by Nvidia it should really be great. I believe some of the Devs on XDA have rooted it and got TWRP running already too,if you could get an AOSP Rom on it with all the Nvidia features like game streaming it would be amazing!

Last edited by Batfink32; 06-03-2015, 05:35.

Comment

Originally posted by unlo
                  im using the 16g model , i've gotten by so far with that on the minix x7. Hope i don't end up regretting it in the long run. So I downloaded the kodi apk from their website. 14.2 and it was a no go. Did NOT install. I'll look around and see if i can't see of anyone else running into the issue and if they had a work around. for right now i'm looking for a launcher that works well. Nova just didn't feel right.
                  Try this kodi test build. Remember you have to make sure you have the settings ticked for apps to install from unknown sources in Android settings. Also, there's a handy app you can push to the box from the playstore called "sideload launcher" it give you access to your side loaded apps straight from the main screen rather than going through all the settings page.

Comment

You say you got 1 from amazon. If your in the UK, what about the power supply. There's is 110v ours is 240v. ?

Comment

Originally posted by bigall123
                      You say you got 1 from amazon. If your in the UK, what about the power supply. There's is 110v ours is 240v. ?
                      I use the supplied power brick with a US to UK travel adapter, in fact I use the adapter I was sent with my old Chinese TV box, it's a universal one. It's works fine,no issues at all. NVIDIA through Amazon ship to the UK so why would they if it didn't work? I haven't come across any sort of region specific content either, in fact when setting it up there's an option for the "UK" region. Everything works fine.

Comment

Yes we could use some Finless love on this box. Getting the simple things right out of the box would have been nice... Like proper mouse and keyboard maps. That being said their controller works quite well out of the box and that's what they made it for. The performance is there. Just need the ease of use my Minix provided and I'll be set. Over @ xda It seems they've managed to get TWRP images installed and OEM unlock via fastboot. Once TWRP was installed they got Super SU installed as well and it didn't seem to break anything. I'm going to give it a few days before I try all that in hopes they smooth out the process. (apparently the screen for TWRP was upside down and mouse only worked via OTG adapter.)

Scribed henceforth from thy G pad.

Comment

Originally posted by unlo
                          Yes we could use some Finless love on this box. Getting the simple things right out of the box would have been nice... Like proper mouse and keyboard maps. That being said their controller works quite well out of the box and that's what they made it for. The performance is there. Just need the ease of use my Minix provided and I'll be set. Over @ xda It seems they've managed to get TWRP images installed and OEM unlock via fastboot. Once TWRP was installed they got Super SU installed as well and it didn't seem to break anything. I'm going to give it a few days before I try all that in hopes they smooth out the process. (apparently the screen for TWRP was upside down and mouse only worked via OTG adapter.)

Scribed henceforth from thy G pad.

I don't really see any immediate need to root unless it's possible to flash a standard Gapps package with TWRP. My worry would be rooting would break OTA updates or DRM but i guess you could flash the updates using fastboot.

Comment

Fhew that's a good to here about the adaptor for the UK. I have just ordered 1 from amazon as well. 16 gig one. Can't wait. He he. Lol.

Comment

Originally posted by bigall123
                              Fhew that's a good to here about the adaptor for the UK. I have just ordered 1 from amazon as well. 16 gig one. Can't wait. He he. Lol.
                              Just a bit of a rip off having to pay the extra but I couldn't wait, lol.

Comment

Working...
                              X