No announcement yet.

Nvidia Shield Concole.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Me nither mate. You can bet your bottom dollar here in the uk, we will be paying more for this than the rest of the world any way. I have never bought any thing in the past that's got a GBP price tag to it that converts to $ that equals the same price that the americans have paid for it mate. So all in all we probably have paid the same now than what we wood have paid in the UK any way, with shipping & so. Just got it sooner.
    Last edited by bigall123; 06-03-2015, 16:13.

Comment

Ok got the 16 gig and 500 gig coming hopefully in 3 weeks i want to see if the drive port is in place in the 16 gig then that means we can upgrade the drive to 500 on the 16 but going to wait a bit to open it lmao.... (At least give me a week to foobar my warranty!!!!)
      kodi side loads no problem and confirmed xda has root working already. the picture quality in kodi is the best ive seen yet on set box even better then the amilogic chipsets. (everyone will love this aspect) The pass through is not working in kodi but that will take a tricked out lib to resolve. My paid TV launcher app works and thats a first for any lollipop tv box..... i figging hate lean back launcher. Will play with the other TV apps i have and see if they load (kinda buggy side loading but i am sure a few will come up with a better app or way to side load on this. ) China box manufactures will have to up thier game or drop prices as this sets new level for released software and device specs. Hope to hell No spam bought one then we will see a in depth review lol. over 74000 in antutu bahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.
      Many devices now mk902ii/Shield/Mk68 /Ugoos/neox5/minix5 (yes they still work lol) mk80 no it doesnt work lol.

Comment

Originally posted by scooter2014
        Ok got the 16 gig and 500 gig coming hopefully in 3 weeks i want to see if the drive port is in place in the 16 gig then that means we can upgrade the drive to 500 on the 16 but going to wait a bit to open it lmao.... (At least give me a week to foobar my warranty!!!!)
        kodi side loads no problem and confirmed xda has root working already. the picture quality in kodi is the best ive seen yet on set box even better then the amilogic chipsets. (everyone will love this aspect) The pass through is not working in kodi but that will take a tricked out lib to resolve. My paid TV launcher app works and thats a first for any lollipop tv box..... i figging hate lean back launcher. Will play with the other TV apps i have and see if they load (kinda buggy side loading but i am sure a few will come up with a better app or way to side load on this. ) China box manufactures will have to up thier game or drop prices as this sets new level for released software and device specs. Hope to hell No spam bought one then we will see a in depth review lol. over 74000 in antutu bahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.
        Awesome news, glad you got one, I now want one too. Can you use Nova Launcher on it, I don't want to use Leanback launcher and it's a put off for me. Thanks man :-)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Well I read that you can't change the HHD or upgrade because nvidia have put a hybrid HHD in it. It dose not have the Sata port as we no it. I may be wrong like.

Comment

Originally posted by bigall123 View Post
            Well I read that you can't change the HHD or upgrade because nvidia have put a hybrid HHD in it. It dose not have the Sata port as we no it. I may be wrong like.
            did you see a teardown or pics? i'd love a link if you can find it again.

Comment

Originally posted by bigall123
              Someone on XDA has stripped down the 16gig. I believe doesn't have the connectors for a Sata port. I'm using my 1TB USB HDD with it and a 64GB memory card and am more than happy with that.

In regards to using another launcher someone mention, I tried Action Launcher 3 last night but some of the system apps like "settings" weren't showing in the app drawer. It was also quite difficult to navigate around and the mouse didn't work with it so it was a no go. Not sure about Nova. Leanback is rubbish but you get used to it, I wouldn't let that put you off. Without a doubt the biggest drawback with this box is Android TV but if the devs are working on it already then I'd imagine we'll get ASOP mods before long.

Comment

Hey guys, I am starting this thread so others can show off their tweaked Homescreens and Launchers. To start this off attached are my screenshots. (if you don't know how to take a screenshot on your Shield, here is brief info from nVidia site...

Good thread on launchers.
                Many devices now mk902ii/Shield/Mk68 /Ugoos/neox5/minix5 (yes they still work lol) mk80 no it doesnt work lol.

Comment

Well I hope we can upgrade HHD that wood be grate. Thanks.

Comment

again, if you could provide a link to pictures of the teardown that would be awesome. i'm not having any luck searching XDA for them myslef.

Comment

Im forgetting were i read it. I do remember a youtube vid some were. Its deffo a hybrid hhd in the 5oogb though. I herd this on 1 of the reviews for it. I looked at so many reviews before i decided to get 1.

Comment

This is what i have just found on another site. This is coupled with 16GB of storage space (not much by today’s standards; but NVidia assures us that we can put up to 128GB in the microSD slot and install games DIRECTLY to it) and the proper whopping 3GB of RAM (which is required for any Android device, in my opinion). You can also tell by the slides during the presentation that there is room for a hard drive in there. For we the emulation freaks of the world, an internal hard drive could make this the ultimate little PC for running high end emulators. Its at http://greenrobotgamer.com/shieldzon...misunderstood/.

Comment

Originally posted by unlo
                          again, if you could provide a link to pictures of the teardown that would be awesome. i'm not having any luck searching XDA for them myslef.
                          EDIT: Can everyone who visits this thread please take the time to do a official request for adding the SHIELD Console forums? Just visit the below thread and put in your request please. Thanks http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1660354...

There's a few comments about the SATA connection after this post.

Comment

Can anyone that has this box download the Retroarch Android emulator a let me know if it works and if it supports the controller?

The latest apk is way at the bottom. Go to Manage Cores. Use the Mednafen PCE core and load a TG-16 Rom like New Adventure Island and set it to use the sabr shader. Can this box handle Turbografx 16 emulation with the sabr shader or the 5x xbr shader?

I 'm trying to see if I should sell my Tronsmart Draco AW80 Telos. But first I need to make sure that Retroarch works perfect on the Nvidea Shield with the xbr or sabr shader.

Comment

Yeh that sounds good being able to install games & apps to sd card or hhd. until i get my hands on 1, Some one will probably show us how to do it.

Comment

Originally posted by saulin
                                Can anyone that has this box download the Retroarch Android emulator a let me know if it works and if it supports the controller?

The latest apk is way at the bottom. Go to Manage Cores. Use the Mednafen PCE core and load a TG-16 Rom like New Adventure Island and set it to use the sabr shader. Can this box handle Turbografx 16 emulation with the sabr shader or the 5x xbr shader?

I 'm trying to see if I should sell my Tronsmart Draco AW80 Telos. But first I need to make sure that Retroarch works perfect on the Nvidea Shield with the xbr or sabr shader.
                                I've downloaded it all and downloaded the cores. When I go to run the . Pce it doesn't work and if I auto detect the core, it says no support cores detected. Never used RetroArch before so maybe I'm doing something wrong?

Comment

Working...
                                X