Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

First Day PIPO X8 Mini TV BOX Windows 8.1 Android 4.4 Dual Boot Intel Z3736F Update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thank you,
    I've temporarily fixed by installing Windows 10 downloaded from Pipo (remember USB Disk formatted in NTFS and renamed WINPE).
    But now....Windows 10 is not active! So I should re-install Win 8.1, upgrade to Win 10 for convert the Key and then install a clean Win 10.
    Can you have a download link of original Pipo x8 Win 8.1 image?

Comment

Originally posted by manuc3 View Post

Thank you,
      I've temporarily fixed by installing Windows 10 downloaded from Pipo (remember USB Disk formatted in NTFS and renamed WINPE).
      But now....Windows 10 is not active! So I should re-install Win 8.1, upgrade to Win 10 for convert the Key and then install a clean Win 10.
      Can you have a download link of original Pipo x8 Win 8.1 image?

Geekbuying Blog has it
      Pipo has released the latest Window 10 and Android 4.4.4 operating system of Pipo X8 TVbox. Download here: Android 4.4.4 for 32GB ROM version Android 4.4.4 for 64GB ROM version Windows 10 with Languages: Traditional Chinese/ Simplified Chinese/ English(US)/ English(UK)/ German/ Russian Windows 10 part 1  &   Windows 10 part 2 ,  download together. X8 […]
      treboR
      Please consider
      Donating to Freaktab

Comment

Originally posted by pmcd View Post

Ok, I did try it and it actually installed. I didn't have it hooked up to a monitor so I wasn't quite sure what to do next. I actually got the dual boot screen with only Android on so you are definitely on to something. Is there a launcher to switch the unit back to Windows from the Android side?

The usual firmware for Windows that is included with the updates doesn't seem to be a standard Windows installer disk. You label them WINPE and launch it from the Android side. Are they actual bootable images?

Edit: Now have it hooked up via HDMI and minix is installed. It is a 4gig partition which is fine. Obviously, the original PiPO X8 had problems setting up the drive. Now the question is how do I install Windows. Minix doesn't have this dual OS launcher. Actually runs really well. Is there a way of get the OS Switch "app" onto the Minix install?

Sent from my SD4930UR using Tapatalk
        Not sure, but when you use the reboot option from the Minix android, do you get the OS switch on startup ? If you do, don't select Android, move to the blank bit and enter. This will switch the OS even if Windows is not installed. The other way to do it is by using the system.img from the Pipo with the installer files from the Minix. There are other partition.tbl files out there made so you can increase it to 8GB. I had a stick made up and was swapping through different system.img's to find the best one. The Cube i7 Remix OS is also quite good !

Comment

Originally posted by jpearn View Post

Not sure, but when you use the reboot option from the Minix android, do you get the OS switch on startup ? If you do, don't select Android, move to the blank bit and enter. This will switch the OS even if Windows is not installed. The other way to do it is by using the system.img from the Pipo with the installer files from the Minix. There are other partition.tbl files out there made so you can increase it to 8GB. I had a stick made up and was swapping through different system.img's to find the best one. The Cube i7 Remix OS is also quite good !
          I did get the OS switch once but selected Android as I didn't think there was anything there. I made a mistake in that I do have an 8 gig partition for Minix.

So if I replace the system.img files in the Minix boot disk with the one from the PiPO this will install the X8 files? What about all the other stuff such as recovery.img and so on?

In making the flash drives for Android do you just format them as FAT32 with MBR? No fancy guid or UEFI?

Also, which windows did you use and how did you format that flash drive? NTFS and MBR? All this UEFI is confusing me.

Is there a compatible dual boot system out there that is similar to the X8 except for the screen? Anyway, will try switching out the system.

I only got that dual boot screen once or maybe twice. I usually get an Intel video screen.

Comment

Originally posted by trebor View Post

Is that one from the geekbuying blog a full windows 8.1?

Comment

Originally posted by pmcd View Post

I did get the OS switch once but selected Android as I didn't think there was anything there. I made a mistake in that I do have an 8 gig partition for Minix.

So if I replace the system.img files in the Minix boot disk with the one from the PiPO this will install the X8 files? What about all the other stuff such as recovery.img and so on?

In making the flash drives for Android do you just format them as FAT32 with MBR? No fancy guid or UEFI?

Also, which windows did you use and how did you format that flash drive? NTFS and MBR? All this UEFI is confusing me.

Is there a compatible dual boot system out there that is similar to the X8 except for the screen? Anyway, will try switching out the system.

I only got that dual boot screen once or maybe twice. I usually get an Intel video screen.
              The system.img, boot.img and recovery.img from the X8 should be enough to get you up and running with the X8 android. The link I posted previously shows you how to create the Android reflash USB drives. I used Window 10 32-bit for the other bit, but you can use 8.1 if you want. The X8 drive is already partitioned as GUID and will have a 23GB partition unformatted at the end for you to install Windows once you have run the installer from USB (and switched the OS).

Comment

Originally posted by trebor View Post
                This is Win 10.
                Any link for Win 8.1 stock?

Comment

This is Win 10.
                  Any link for Win 8.1 stock?

Pipo X8 upgrade method 1. Download the firmware here: Android System Windows System 2. Copy the bios files to U flash drive, connect to your mini PC, right click “FLASHWin32.BAT” and choose “Run as Adminstrator”. (Do this procedure if the mini PC can boot normally, if it can’t boot normally, omit it.) 3. Decompress the […]

Comment

My temp was 90°c ! so I modded it immediately with a heatskin and aluminum tape (see pic).
                    Now is max 82°C

[ATTACH=CONFIG]n522179[/ATTACH]
                    Thanks, i would not replace Pipo X7 with X8 then.
                    Last edited by gsavicic; 08-31-2015, 22:21.

Comment

Success! Finally I got the X8 fully restored, working great in dual mode and Windows activated and asking me if I wish to update to win 10. I really want to thank trebor, Savage93 and jpearn. The process was really unreal. Roughly speaking:

- use gparted to delete all partitions
                      - use the Android 4.4 4 from a Minix dual boot with boot, system and recovery from the PiPO X8 Android 4.4.4 ( that's the win10 part). Install from a FAT32 formatted 8gig stick.
                      - use the win8.1 from the Geekbuying blog and place on an NTFS USB 8 gig stick labelled WINPE
                      - launch SwitchOS from Android and it just installed Windows.

The key is the Android installer from Minix.

What a roller coaster ride.

Comment

See easy Piece of Cake
                        Now to install Win10.
                        You can do it
                        Cheers
                        treboR
                        Please consider
                        Donating to Freaktab

Comment

After installation of official PiPO Windows 10, we must install and drivers? All things and functions shows OK.

Comment

Thank you, Win 8.1 automatically restored !

Question 1: Can I set as default the "full screen" option in Andorid? My Pipo is HMDI-cabled with TV always.
                            Question 2: how are your performance with Silver Light?

for stelakis1914 : I've updated Intel drivers! (use Driver Update Utility).

Comment

New model called X9 with larger screen (8.9 inches) and Windows 10 out of the box.
                              134.9 Free Shipping, Wholesale Price, PIPO X9 8.9 inch Dual Boot Windows 10 Android 4.4 Tablet Mini PC 2G/32G Intel Z3736F Quad Core WiFi Bluetooth Ethernet HDMI

Comment

Who would pay more for the X9; maybe if it had Cherry Trail or 64gb at least heh.

Comment

Working...
                                X