This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by big10p View Post
    Problems while overclocking could be down to overheating and/or an inadequate power supply, I guess.

Are you using MX Player to play videos? I find the H/W+ option doesn't work well on my device (to put it mildly). I seem to remember the MX devs saying somewhere it may not work on some hardware. However, the basic H/W setting seems to work just great, although I haven't gotten around to testing by watching a whole movie yet, with this ROM.

So far, I'm finding this ROM very sweet. I think this one could be a keeper!

Thanks again to all the hard work of Sir Finless Bob.
    agreed.

Comment

Re: NEW - Imito MX1/2 JB 4.2.2 - Finless ROM 2.0

Originally posted by sho25 View Post
      I have a UG007 with Fineless 1.5. If I flash it with the 4.2.2 I don't get a tv signal. Not with the 1080 kernel as the 720 kernel.
      I also flashed it with the 1.7 and gets a tv signal. Only not with the 4.2.2.
      Do you have any suggestions? Is it maybe possible to try it with the 1.7 kernels?
      I flashed the 720p kernel on my UG007 and it is working fine as far as I can tell.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Comment

I did some more tests. Video seems to get problematic only if Bluetooth is on. At all clock speed.
        As for power, I use a good HP 10W (2A) power supply for tablet, it is supposed to be a really good one.

For cooling... Well that would be the next step; I might try to put a heat-sink in there after opening it. But only when I'll get a 4.2.X android that have a functional Bluetooth because I am going back on 1.7 for sure until then. I really need the Bluetooth.

But other than the Bluetooth, this ROM is great. (720P version only)

Comment

Originally posted by sho25 View Post
          I have a UG007 with Fineless 1.5. If I flash it with the 4.2.2 I don't get a tv signal. Not with the 1080 kernel as the 720 kernel.
          I also flashed it with the 1.7 and gets a tv signal. Only not with the 4.2.2.
          Do you have any suggestions? Is it maybe possible to try it with the 1.7 kernels?
          I flashed the 720p kernel on my UG007 and it is working fine as far as I can tell.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Comment

Hi Bob,

What is the BT driver in this ROM? Is it the original one? Are you going to try to update it? Are you still working on the other ROM that you were trying to port for the Imito MXs (the ROM from the other device)?

Thanks

Comment

running this rom on rikomagic mk802iiis bt 8gig and its almost perfect thanx to finless bob!

i can confirm that the rk app for touch screen using your phone or tab does instantly reboots the mini pc

bob this has the best boot screen yet love the load bar and the colors are very nice!

hope bob finds this fix for the touch screen as so many games require it now
              Minix neo x7 custom quickshot V3.1 kitkat with cpu1700 video stock and oc ram 720 kernal
              HTC Amaze 4g unofficial cyanogen mod 11 KitKat 4.4.4
              ASUS Nexus 7 (original 2012 tegra 3) Cyanogen mod 12 Lollipop 5.0.2

Comment

Originally posted by neodoom View Post
                bob this has the best boot screen yet love the load bar and the colors are very nice!
                I agree. Great boot anim.

Comment

Thanks Finless for great rom!

I tested with my mx1 1080 kernel but its so sluggish and unusable so I desided to flash 720p version.

Comment

Bob, first of all thank you for yet another great rom.

I'm having some issue with full screen while using xbmc.

After starting xbmc and pressing the down arrows to hide status bar, xbmc goes full screen but with a black bar on top of the screen (same width as the status bar).

I have to move the mouse pointer above the on screen icon to click it (mouse pointer will need to be above the video icon to click and go into video). It's as if the actual buttons are still where is was before the status bar got hidden, but the graphical icons are shifted down.

Is there anything i can do to fix this?

Sent from my GT-I9305T using Tapatalk 2

Comment

Originally posted by jwz View Post
                      Bob, first of all thank you for yet another great rom.

I'm having some issue with full screen while using xbmc.

After starting xbmc and pressing the down arrows to hide status bar, xbmc goes full screen but with a black bar on top of the screen (same width as the status bar).

I have to move the mouse pointer above the on screen icon to click it (mouse pointer will need to be above the video icon to click and go into video). It's as if the actual buttons are still where is was before the status bar got hidden, but the graphical icons are shifted down.

Is there anything i can do to fix this?

Sent from my GT-I9305T using Tapatalk 2
                      I seem to remember an option in one ROM for an autohide option but I can't find it at the moment.

I've just been playing with an app called Full!screen from the play store and this enables you to hide the bar when using XBMC without it affecting the cursor location.
                      Last edited by bluesmanuk; 05-24-2013, 12:45. Reason: updated info
                      R-TV BOX S10, Beebox N3150, Chuwi Hibox, Nvidia Shield, A95X Max

Comment

thanks Bluesmanuk, works like a charm.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Comment

MX player

Streaming videos apps(Youtube seems fine) keep pausing even though the buffer is good tried disabling the mx player hardware decode doesn't help. Previous 17b rom no such issue. Anyway thanks Bob for making the stock rom better

Comment

USB Webcam not working.

For information only:

Additional test: Skype was working fine with 1.7. I just tried it with this ROM (4.2.2).
                            I am using a USB WebCam with Built-in Mic (Logitech HD)

- Skype is working if I don't use my webcam video (works with Audio only).
                            - If I turn on my video, I lose my mic and the video window only shows black.
                            - Sometime, the Imito MX2 even crashes when starting the webcam.

I also try a camera app and it also failed to connect to the webcam. This works fine too with

Comment

Originally posted by jy_p View Post
                              For information only:

Additional test: Skype was working fine with 1.7. I just tried it with this ROM (4.2.2).
                              I am using a USB WebCam with Built-in Mic (Logitech HD)

- Skype is working if I don't use my webcam video (works with Audio only).
                              - If I turn on my video, I lose my mic and the video window only shows black.
                              - Sometime, the Imito MX2 even crashes when starting the webcam.

I also try a camera app and it also failed to connect to the webcam. This works fine too with
                              Thank you for the testing. Which version of SKYPE are you running?

I usually have issues with newer version of SKYPE.

Skype – free IM & video calls 2.9.0.315

is the latest version I found that can video chat without any issue on my iMito MX1 (running 1.7b)

You can find the version 2.9.0.315 here

Comment

Originally posted by netghoster View Post
                                Thank you for the testing. Which version of SKYPE are you running?

I usually have issues with newer version of SKYPE.

Skype – free IM & video calls 2.9.0.315

is the latest version I found that can video chat without any issue on my iMito MX1 (running 1.7b)

You can find the version 2.9.0.315 here

http://www.androiddrawer.com/6038/do.../#.UZ-WqaLVCZE
                                I don't know and my Imito is not functional right now, but I can tell that this is the same version that I was using on the ROM 1.7b and like yours, it was working fine on that ROM. Problems appeared only with this new 4.2.2 ROM.

More over, the problem isn't Skype but the webcam support as far as I can tell.

Comment

Working...
                                X