Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Update to FINLESS?

Bob,

When can we get an updated FINLESS for the MK908s? Geekbuying just posted a new ROM last night, I flashed to it, supposed to fix some heat and wifi issues. I have already modded both my wifi and heatsinks so I didn't see any change there, but generally seemed to run a little smoother than the original firmware. Anyways, I'd like to get the usual FINLESS treatment to the newest version of the official ROM if you got time.

Thanks,

-Bing

Comment

Originally posted by Bing View Post
      Bob,

When can we get an updated FINLESS for the MK908s? Geekbuying just posted a new ROM last night, I flashed to it, supposed to fix some heat and wifi issues. I have already modded both my wifi and heatsinks so I didn't see any change there, but generally seemed to run a little smoother than the original firmware. Anyways, I'd like to get the usual FINLESS treatment to the newest version of the official ROM if you got time.

Thanks,

-Bing
      I know it's not as good, but you can try this if you like. Video skip problem is fixed with it anyway.

If my work benefits you and you want to help out the cause, feel free to

http://www.hoaby.com/android/donate.gif

Comment

Originally posted by hoabycsr View Post
        I know it's not as good, but you can try this if you like. Video skip problem is fixed with it anyway.

http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...onsmart-update
        4.2 is noware near ready for everyday usage best to avoid it
        current devices(rockchip sucks)
        Hardkernel ODROID C1 running android kitkat
        Hardkernel ODROID XU3-L Running Linux/openelec (primary media server)
        rPi model B+ running nothing ... bricked

Comment

Originally posted by geekbuying View Post
          Now i haven't heared any feedback from other brand,i will check with those factory.

and new firmware for tronsmart mk908 is here:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/3f...0802update.rar
          Is this firmware Works well with MK908 V3.0?

I have this model, I received one 2 weeks ago, and have watched some issues, for example:

- Wifi does not work well.
          - When I use Netflix, 2 o 3 minutes later the image freeze and sound still playing.
          - When I play a movie in MX player, sometimes it leave the movie or restart the device.
          - XBMC 12.2 (frodo), plays movies very slow.
          - And finally I use droidmote. As us know, droidmote use the wifi connection, the pointer malfunctions, with interruptions (as cuts, I do not know how to says "cortes" or "tirones" in English).

I think it is a problem with wifi of the device, because with the rest of the devices that I have in my house (2 phones, 2 computers and 2 tablets), I haven`t problems, for example netflix works without cuts.

I need to know if the firmware published 2 day ago corrects these problems.

Thank you very much for your help.

Comment

Originally posted by kingfisher View Post
            Hi all I am new to this forum. Yesterday I flashed to the 1080P kernel but decided against it as the MK908 got quite hot and had some issues with play store which after a while would not connect, but on the whole the MK908 was still quite slick. Today I flashed to 720p and everything seems to working fine now, with one exception. Adobe flash player 11.1 is not compatible with this rom and does not work. Tried to reinstall but got not compatible with this device. Bluetooth appears to be ok also as my ps3 controller paired just fine.
            Thanks for all your hard work Bob

Sorry, but maybe could you explain how to pair a PS3 controller. I can`t do that.

Thanks for your help.-

Comment

I recently received my MK908 from geekbuying. Out of the box it crashed a bunch so after a bit of research, I decided to go with Finless 1.5. I ended up with boot loop fun so I flashed the rom in the post I quoted which is much better than the one that came on and obviously better than bootloopage. I'll give Finless another shot when this all gets resolved.

Comment

Help Me

Hello all, i'm noob with my Mk908

Can someone explain me if i can update my Mk908 just with a micro sd card ? because it seem to me i have read it's possible ,i know my mk908 is root because i have supersu install

Thanks

Ps : Sorry my english is poor but i'm french

Comment

no kernel82 inside this pack

Very sorry about this. Postet in the wrong thread.

Comment

1080p ROM for the new hardware?

Now i haven't heared any feedback from other brand,i will check with those factory.

Hi Eric,

Thanks again for releasing the latest stock ROM so quickly.
                    It unbricked all the recent shipments with the latest hardware revision.

Now the question is when would we see the 1080p version of the latest ROM please.
                    My main purpose for buying MK908 was to run it at 1080p.
                    1080p ROM existed when I ordered, but that doesn't work with the latest hardware revision.
                    Could you please make the 1080p ROM available for those who received the latest hardware revision?

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by vlsi2000 View Post
                      Hi Eric,

Thanks again for releasing the latest stock ROM so quickly.
                      It unbricked all the recent shipments with the latest hardware revision.

Now the question is when would we see the 1080p version of the latest ROM please.
                      My main purpose for buying MK908 was to run it at 1080p.
                      1080p ROM existed when I ordered, but that doesn't work with the latest hardware revision.
                      Could you please make the 1080p ROM available for those who received the latest hardware revision?

Thanks!

And for the love of god fix the video stutter in the kernels you include with these stock roms! Even if you just use phjanderson's fix... but please do at least something about it!
                      If my work benefits you and you want to help out the cause, feel free to

http://www.hoaby.com/android/donate.gif

Comment

Originally posted by hoabycsr View Post
                        And for the love of god fix the video stutter in the kernels you include with these stock roms! Even if you just use phjanderson's fix... but please do at least something about it!
                        I have been wondering, how do you ROM developers able to customize/repack based on the official ROM images released?
                        It appears you have some way of configuring stuff, improve/change some, but for some you are looking to the manufacturer to do something.
                        Could you care to briefly explain to us how the ROM customization is done and what your capabilities and limitations are?
                        Let's assume your audience is someone who knows how to configure and compile custom kernels/modules for a given linux distribution on a PC.
                        Thanks.

Comment

NEW - Tronsmart MK908 Android 4.2.2 "Official" - Finless ROM 1.5

Originally posted by Finless View Post
                          OK folks... The "official ROM came out last night. So basically I did what I did to the BETA ROM.

Netflix WORKS! Also the kernel #21 in this is far more stable in my opinion.

So once again here is my ROM based on the Official 4.2.2 Tronsmart MK908 ROM.

Note: only difference is by POPULAR DEMAND, I change the size of the mouse pointer.

I am calling this a Finless 1.5 ROM to make sure there is no confusion with the BETA.

Enjoy,
                          Bob

Features and release notes for my MK908 4.2.2 1.5 ROM:

Features and release notes for my 1.5 ROM:

1) Rooted and new SU and Superuser applied that supports Android 4.2.2

2) Stock ROM was only 2 Gig of APP space.
                          BUT you also have parameter file options!
                          There are also 1gb, 2gb, 4gb and 6gb options.
                          Read below for how to change that in the flash tool.
                          Realize if you use this 6gb option, internal SDcard will only have about 600 megs of free space!

3) Debloated of junk APPs and Google Apps you can get from Google Play.
                          I also updated Google Play to the latest version along with standard APPs.

4) As always, full init.d support! If you do not know what that is... ignore it. For geeks that want to use it. It is there!

5) I re-enabled location services. This is now in the settings menu.
                          Tested and working with all APPs that use it.
                          Remember to turn off GPS as we have no GPS.

6) I also re-enabled accessibility options in settings.

7) Gameloft fix. This fixes Gameloft games from crashing to the desktop.
                          Many of them do not run and crash to the desktop. This is due to a license check based on the device.
                          Special thanks to Christian Troy for inventing this fix. I modded it for this ROM.

8) Build.prop edit to open up the Google Play store to APPs that normally say "not compatible".
                          I am spoofing a Samsung device that will show almost any APP as compatible.
                          Yuor device will show up in google play as Samsung device nopt a MK908 or RKSDK! Understand this please.
                          I also left the original build.prop in the ROM called build.orig.
                          If you want to go back, just use ES FIle Explorer or a root file explorer and rename build.prop to build.old
                          Then rename build.orig to build.prop.
                          Go into settings, apps, all and go into the Google Play app. Clear the cache and data.
                          Reboot! You should be back to showing up as a MK908.

9) RK Mirroring is enabled as always.
                          Also new to Android 4.2.2 is Wifi display.
                          If you have another 4.2.2 phone or tablet you can share your devices screen on your TV.

10) Remote Control using RK Remote APP is now fully supported!
                          In the ROM kit is a RKRemoteControl.apk.
                          NOTE: This is a NEW version and will not cause your TV stick to crash.
                          So if you have already installed RKRemote before you need to un-install it and re-install this version!!!!
                          You install this on your phone or tablet and now it can remotely control your TV player!
                          Just put the APK on sdcard or something and install it on your Android phone, tablet, etc.
                          ENJOY this one! I had a HARD TIME getting it to work!

11) I added a reboot APP that will allow optional reboot options like reboot to bootloader (flash mode).

12) I have adjusted the mouse pointer size by request!
                          Stock rom was 55x55. The normal mouse pointer is 22x28 which is too small for many.
                          I made a 35x35 mouse pointer.
                          If you want to change that more discuss online and I will tell you how to do it.

13) 1080P Kernel if you want it! Tronsmart also released a 1080 kernel.
                          I have unpacked it from boot and made it a choice in this ROM package.
                          See instructions IN THE README for how to choose the correct boot.img and kernel.img
                          720P boot and kernel is the default setup in my flash tool.

For more information ALWAYS read the README in the ROM kit!

Here are the links for Android 4.2.2 Finless 1.5 ROM

ROM -> Tronsmart MK908 Android 4.2.2 "Official" - Finless 1.5 ROM (245 megs)

Enjoy,
                          Bob
                          Original Android 4.2.2 could not detect my IOGEAR GKM561R 2.4Ghz wireless keyboard. Will this Finless 1.5 ROM allow this keyboard to be connected? Or should I downgrade to 4.1.1 instead ?
                          Last edited by luciust; 08-13-2013, 17:03. Reason: typo error

Comment

bluetooth??

measy RC16 air mouse will not pair but it did with the latest factory rom (however that is quite unstable and crashes out of XBMC)

thanks very much for your efforts - greatly appreciated

Comment

mr. finless,
                              do you think you will get around creating a 1.5 finless, based on the new ROM, wich works on the latest mk908's, which are getting stuck in bootloop using the usual released ROM's?
                              would be great
                              thank you
                              beenii

Comment

Screen Rotation

Is there a way screen rotation will work in stead of being forced to landscape. I have two devices cx919 and mk908 (1080p) that i want to use for digital signage in portrait mode. I want to be able to control that feature and not be forced to landscape only.

Comment

Working...
                                X