Tronsmart MK908 Android 4.2.2 "Official" - Finless ROM 1.5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by debber1212 View Post
    Can I use supersu to deroot a dunked Bob rooted ROM or will this break the ROM?
    I would say test it. it is alway possible to flash the rom again.

by the way, official rom is rooted to so no difference there.

is there anyone who could give me the answers to the questions I asked a couple posts earlier about the k400 keybord?

Comment

Hello peeps

I am a Freak Tab newbie - and a TV Stick newbie too - so go easy on me please!

I've registered here in the hope that someone could provide a bit of help...

I bought the MK908 from geek buying site and the unit is totally unstable - it keeps crashing when watching things like bbc.com videos (using correct flash plugin 11 and Firefox from play store). You tube app seems to randomly crash, as do the in built browser - it's driving me nuts.

Do other people have the same experience?

I've flashed with latest geek buying firmware (1080p) - made no difference.
      Update on 8th May, our friend help to take a video for how to update the firmware, see here:   http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UzLWzL6jod4   Ok, guys, this is the step by step instruction for how to flash stock firmware in Tronsmart MK908; Flashing the Firmware 1. Please download the stock firmware you want to flash here https://blog.geekbuying.com/index.php/category/android-tv-stick-tv-box/tronsmart-t428/ […]

Should I try Finless 1.5v - or is the tronsmart version above more recent?

Feeling like this was a waste of 100 bucks!

Thank you for any help.

NB
      Originally posted by dezejongeman View Post
      is there anyone who could give me the answers to the questions I asked a couple posts earlier about the k400 keybord?
      I am also using k400 keyboard works great with browser, but not well with youtube (have to use the android keys which sux) and there is no pinching action on the keypad - just simple touchpad.

Comment

Stability issues like your having are usually power issues!
        Many have had to upgrade to a better power supply.

Bob
        "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
        "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
        "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
        "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
        "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
        "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
        "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
        "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
        "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

Great to read from you Bob, I think some of us were afraid you were not interested in MK908 anymore.

About power source, I have troubles with my external disk: MK908 continuously detects and loses it, non-stop, making it impossible to use at all. I guess it's the same, probably due to the power source.

Anyone has hints or advice on how to find a reliable one, please?

Also, for those who followed my unsuccessful attempts to install the Finless ROM, I had no time to try the latest solution suggested... Will keep you posted when I do.

Take care

Comment

Originally posted by Finless View Post

Bob
            Hi Bob! Thanks so much for giving us options. What power adapters do you recommend? How many volts and amps?

Also, mine only freezes when it's related to WIFI and when it reboots, sometimes WIFI becomes disabled. Is that still a power related issue?

Thanks again for all your hard work. Much appreciated! =)

Comment

Originally posted by Asvald View Post
              Great to read from you Bob, I think some of us were afraid you were not interested in MK908 anymore.

About power source, I have troubles with my external disk: MK908 continuously detects and loses it, non-stop, making it impossible to use at all. I guess it's the same, probably due to the power source.

Anyone has hints or advice on how to find a reliable one, please?

Also, for those who followed my unsuccessful attempts to install the Finless ROM, I had no time to try the latest solution suggested... Will keep you posted when I do.

Take care
              I tried many times to flash the Finless 1.5 on my MK908 in Windows 8 and had no luck but I was able to do it on Windows 7 x64 test box without any issues.

Comment

Originally posted by taney View Post
                Hi Bob! Thanks so much for giving us options. What power adapters do you recommend? How many volts and amps?

Also, mine only freezes when it's related to WIFI and when it reboots, sometimes WIFI becomes disabled. Is that still a power related issue?

Thanks again for all your hard work. Much appreciated! =)
                Use a Apple Ipad adapter like

Comment

Originally posted by Pizza View Post
                  THANK YOU! =)

Comment

alternative boot image/animation

i fell asleep while watching something on netflix and the device had rebooted, and was stuck on the reboot screen. I woke up an hour later to find that the reboot screen had caused some burn in on the tv. I ran the tv's built in burn fixer for 15 min and it was fixed, but this can potentially be a problem.

seeing that my device reboots and hangs a lot, I think a less contrasty, darker animation sequence would be safer. i was also thinking a noise pattern could be helpfull since if it gets stuck, it would just be fixing itself. (provided the animation still plays)

Comment

Similar TV Box

Hi all,

Can I flash this on a similar TV Box with same hardware?

http://www.****.com/itm/Quad-Core-An...item41750a3d53
                      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by bakerbarber View Post
                        Try this:

It works!!

Until there's a better fix or update, this little app works really well to alleviate the video choppiness with this ROM on this Stick.
                        Not in my experience. On this rom it is useless on 1 and almost useless on 0.

Has there been any news anywhere on an actual fix for this problem? Does it just have to wait for an SDK 2.0-based ROM to trickle out from Tronsmart?

Comment

Re: NEW - Tronsmart MK908 Android 4.2.2 "Official" - Finless ROM 1.5

Originally posted by Kasazn View Post
                          Hi all,

Can I flash this on a similar TV Box with same hardware?

http://www.****.com/itm/Quad-Core-An...item41750a3d53
                          In this device you can use rk42 firm by lewy.
                          Be carefull with **** sellers who has low votes, and sell 50$ up things.

leolas
                          REMEMBER, YOUR FEEDBACK IS VERY IMPORTANT TO US.
                          My devices:
                          Minix Neo X7; Minix Neo X8-H , Minix Neo Z64W & Z64 (Sponsored by Minix)
                          MK902 & MK902II(Sponsored by RKM)
                          Beelink M8B & Beelink R89 (Sponsored by Beelink)
                          Tronsmart VEGA S89H (Sponsored by
                          Gearbest.com)
                          MELE-PCG03 (Sponsored by Gearbest.com) Discount Coupon:MPCG03
                          Ainol Intel Z3735 MiniPC(Sponsored by Gearbest.com)
                          Thanks to them I can try to support your devices http://freaktab.com/core/images/smilies/wink.png

Comment

Originally posted by Finless View Post

Bob
                            Ah I see, OK thank you for the advice.
                            I have now tried 2 other power sources and have the same issues - Does anyone know exactly what voltage/ output the power pack should be? The original adapter that was sent to me has an NZ local adapter (which was wobbly), and on the back printed in small writing it says:

Model: LA-520
                            Input: 100-240VAC0.3A 50/60Hz
                            Output: 5V -- 2000mA

I have tried with a native NZ adapter for Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 power adapter which also outputs 5v and 2A (2000ma). Unfortunately, this has not improved the issue.
                            The Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 comes with a special charger which (I'm assuming) provides a higher current output than the USB standard. Without it, the device can actually die, even if the USB cord is

Also - when the unit continually resets, it also resets the date back to 01 - Jan - 1970 which would be funny if it were not so annoying!!!

So - any further advise on what power specs to try as an imporvement on the above?

Comment

Originally posted by leolas View Post
                              In this device you can use rk42 firm by lewy.
                              Be carefull with **** sellers who has low votes, and sell 50$ up things.

leolas
                              Thank you very much my good sir! Have a good day.

Don't worry, I know my way around ****. I am an experienced buyer and I'm just showing that link as an example.

Comment

Re: NEW - Tronsmart MK908 Android 4.2.2 "Official" - Finless ROM 1.5

Originally posted by Kasazn View Post
                                Thank you very much my good sir! Have a good day.

Don't worry, I know my way around ****. I am an experienced buyer and I'm just showing that link as an example.
                                Good then, have fun with it

leolas
                                REMEMBER, YOUR FEEDBACK IS VERY IMPORTANT TO US.
                                My devices:
                                Minix Neo X7; Minix Neo X8-H , Minix Neo Z64W & Z64 (Sponsored by Minix)
                                MK902 & MK902II(Sponsored by RKM)
                                Beelink M8B & Beelink R89 (Sponsored by Beelink)
                                Tronsmart VEGA S89H (Sponsored by
                                Gearbest.com)
                                MELE-PCG03 (Sponsored by Gearbest.com) Discount Coupon:MPCG03
                                Ainol Intel Z3735 MiniPC(Sponsored by Gearbest.com)
                                Thanks to them I can try to support your devices http://freaktab.com/core/images/smilies/wink.png

Comment

Working...
                                X