No announcement yet.

Tronsmart MK908 Android 4.2.2 "Official" - Finless ROM 1.5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When plug in the device make sure you press reset at same time.
    T428 ,Radxa Rock (RR), cs918s v1.0, waiting for my X7...

Comment

Originally posted by Sarco View Post
      When plug in the device make sure you press reset at same time.
      Hi,

I am having issues similar to person above.

I am on Windows 8 with USB3 adapters on my laptop.

I had no luck with default Flash Tool method or the alternate RKBatchTool.

When I tried the manual method by using pin and inserting the usb power, I hear the windows "bong" sound. I see that the tronsmart itself doesnot boot and has blank screen and the blue light on the device is not lit. Seemed like I was on the right track and next step was to manually install the drivers.

But when I try to install the drivers next manually by going to the folder, the windows says its not found.

Is my USB3 creating issues for me to install this rom?

I dont have access to older laptop..

I know Finless somewhere said to change the setting.ini file setting which I did but that did not work either.

anyone knows?

Comment

Windows 8

Hello everybody. In today's post I'll show you how to flash / upgrade your Rikomagic MK802IIIS Android Mini PC. First of all, you'll ha...

I do not have windows 8 but maybe this video will help, it shows how to disable windows drivers protection.

Use drivers for rk3188

Comment

Yes, I do make sure to press on the reset button, no light on... And the driver does seem to install : when I check the device after reboot, there seems to be one on it (provider : Fuzhou Rockship Electronics Co. Ltd. , file version 2.0).
          I think the drivers are installed but the flash tool still don't detect the device, no idea why.

Thanks for your help.
          Last edited by Asvald; 07-02-2013, 01:48.

Comment

Originally posted by Asvald View Post
            Yes, I do make sure to press on the reset button, no light on... And the driver does seem to install : when I check the device after reboot, there seems to be one on it (provider : Fuzhou Rockship Electronics Co. Ltd. , file version 2.0).
            I think the drivers are installed but the flash tool still don't detect the devide, no idea why.

Thanks for your help.
            I am sorry, I just test whith my T428 and light is on after pluging and releasing the reset button. Maybe someone else could answer.

Comment

Couple more attempt with a friend, not getting better. After a while though, we noticed Windows was actually installing the drivers all by itself (apparently the same we were trying to install manually since an attempt to update it showed current driver was up to date)... We aborted one such automatic installation to be sure we use the drivers provided by Finless Bob, but it makes no difference.

One other thing is that it seems the device is not really identified as an usb storage device. Probably why the flash tool won't find it. Windows assigns to it an icon that looks like an MP3 player and when looking at the system, it does not appear like a storage unit, and gets no drive letter... No idea why, or if it's really the problem (or if it is normal), even less how to fix it.

Just to know if I'm the only one with this exact problem... anyone else ever installed this firmware update with a pc running Windows 7 ?

Best regards and thanks again for all the help...

Comment

Couple more attempt with a friend, not getting better. After a while though, we noticed Windows was actually installing the drivers all by itself (apparently the same we were trying to install manually since an attempt to update it showed current driver was up to date)... We aborted one such automatic installation to be sure we use the drivers provided by Finless Bob, but it makes no difference.

One other thing is that it seems the device is not really identified as an usb storage device. Probably why the flash tool won't find it. Windows assigns to it an icon that looks like an MP3 player and when looking at the system, it does not appear like a storage unit, and gets no drive letter... No idea why, or if it's really the problem (or if it is normal), even less how to fix it.

Just to know if I'm the only one with this exact problem... anyone else ever installed this firmware update with a pc running Windows 7 ?

Best regards and thanks again for all the help...
                Devices can report different things to the host system under different circumstances. If you plug it into your computer and you are not holding down the button it will look to your system like a USB mass storage device and Windoze will install the appropriate driver for that. If you are holding down the button when you plug it in, as it powers on it will report a completely different USB device type to the host system and *then* you will be prompted for a driver.

If the mass storage driver is installed automatically it makes absolutely no difference to the OS when the device is in flash mode. To the OS it is two completely different devices and two completely different device types. If it shows up as a USB mass storage device, you have done it wrong.

Comment

Hello,

first of all, please excuse me if I'm completely clueless.. pretty much a newbie in the forum, completely newbie as far as mini-PC android sticks are concerned, and not that experimented with Android in general.
                  Got my MK908 last week and tried to install the 'reference': Finless ROM !

Unfortunately, I never get the flash tool to find the device.
                  Hi Asvald, provided that you have installed windows drivers properly, try this: install android terminal (i understand the device comes pre rooted, mine was not labeled Transmart, and it did come prerooted). Then connect it to your PC to boot up, start Bob's flash tool and let it finish booting. open the terminal, type "su" (enter), followed by "reboot bootloader" (enter). The screen should go black, and your RK tool should write at the bottom "RK android bootloader found" (or something like that). After that, you can erase nand first, wait until it finishes o.k. (magic number is 2044 I think, check readme), then when RK tool writes again at the bottom "RK android loader found" , press "flash rom" button. Wait until it finishes o.k. it will reboot to Bob's rom. Goran

btw, if this doesn't work, drivers are not installed properly!

Comment

Just to know, is there any risk to brick the device when trying to erase nand or other steps in the tutorial ? Or if the drivers are not correctly installed, nothing will happen at all ?

Thanks Sevo, I will try your solution. Not sure what you mean by 'install android terminal'. Are you referring to this:

?

Will keep you posted when I have a chance to try it...

Best regards,

Asvald

Comment

nfs modules for your custom rom

Hi Bob,

Thank you for your job

I think most of us need nfs modules for this rom, because this hw enough for hd movies 20gb+/film if we can use mx player to play movies from NAS. But mx player does not play from network so we need to mount our share, so to be able to mount we need nfs modules for this rom. I took a search for 1 week but i did not find nfs modules for this rom. Is it possible to compile nfs modules for this rom and post them here, or it is not possible?
                      Thank you.

I am calling this a Finless 1.5 ROM to make sure there is no confusion with the
                      2) Stock ROM was only 2 Gig of APP space.
                      BUT you also have parameter file options!
                      There are also 1gb, 2gb, 4gb and 6gb options.
                      Read below for how to change that in the flash tool.
                      Realize if you use this 6gb option, internal SDcard will only have about 600 megs of free space!

3) Debloated of junk APPs and Google Apps you can get from Google Play.
                      I also updated Google Play to the latest version along with standard APPs.

4) As always, full init.d support! If you do not know what that is... ignore it. For geeks that want to use it. It is there!

5) I re-enabled location services. This is now in the settings menu.
                      Tested and working with all APPs that use it.
                      Remember to turn off GPS as we have no GPS.

6) I also re-enabled accessibility options in settings.

7) Gameloft fix. This fixes Gameloft games from crashing to the desktop.
                      Many of them do not run and crash to the desktop. This is due to a license check based on the device.
                      Special thanks to Christian Troy for inventing this fix. I modded it for this ROM.

8) Build.prop edit to open up the Google Play store to APPs that normally say "not compatible".
                      I am spoofing a Samsung device that will show almost any APP as compatible.
                      Yuor device will show up in google play as Samsung device nopt a MK908 or RKSDK! Understand this please.
                      I also left the original build.prop in the ROM called build.orig.
                      If you want to go back, just use ES FIle Explorer or a root file explorer and rename build.prop to build.old
                      Then rename build.orig to build.prop.
                      Go into settings, apps, all and go into the Google Play app. Clear the cache and data.
                      Reboot! You should be back to showing up as a MK908.

9) RK Mirroring is enabled as always.
                      Also new to Android 4.2.2 is Wifi display.
                      If you have another 4.2.2 phone or tablet you can share your devices screen on your TV.

10) Remote Control using RK Remote APP is now fully supported!
                      In the ROM kit is a RKRemoteControl.apk.
                      NOTE: This is a NEW version and will not cause your TV stick to crash.
                      So if you have already installed RKRemote before you need to un-install it and re-install this version!!!!
                      You install this on your phone or tablet and now it can remotely control your TV player!
                      Just put the APK on sdcard or something and install it on your Android phone, tablet, etc.
                      ENJOY this one! I had a HARD TIME getting it to work!

11) I added a reboot APP that will allow optional reboot options like reboot to bootloader (flash mode).

12) I have adjusted the mouse pointer size by request!
                      Stock rom was 55x55. The normal mouse pointer is 22x28 which is too small for many.
                      I made a 35x35 mouse pointer.
                      If you want to change that more discuss online and I will tell you how to do it.

13) 1080P Kernel if you want it! Tronsmart also released a 1080 kernel.
                      I have unpacked it from boot and made it a choice in this ROM package.
                      See instructions IN THE README for how to choose the correct boot.img and kernel.img
                      720P boot and kernel is the default setup in my flash tool.

For more information ALWAYS read the README in the ROM kit!

Here are the links for Android 4.2.2 Finless 1.5 ROM

ROM -> Tronsmart MK908 Android 4.2.2 "Official" - Finless 1.5 ROM (245 megs)

Enjoy,
                      Bob[/QUOTE]

Comment

I am very grateful to you Finless Bob!
                        But there are two problems:
                        1:I installed the MK908 to Finless Bob's 1.5 ROM. Google Play says no compatible device, if I want to install Real Reacing 3, or Anysoftkeyboard.
                        2:Build.prop is edited for Samsung devices.
                        Init.d is not supported? Does not start automatically, for example virtual_touchsreen.ko file can not start.

Please help.

Comment

Just to know, is there any risk to brick the device when trying to erase nand or other steps in the tutorial ? Or if the drivers are not correctly installed, nothing will happen at all ?

Thanks Sevo, I will try your solution. Not sure what you mean by 'install android terminal'. Are you referring to this:

?
                          Yes, that is what I meant. That way you will know for sure if drivers were installed or not. After rebooting to bootloader from android terminal, if RKTool does not write at the botoom "RK loader found...." they are not. Also make sure to use OTG port on the stick, proper cables both on computer side and on the stick side, no hubs in between, USB port on the computer capable of delivering enough power. Never had a single issue when erasing nand, provided that connections and drivers were properly set. Cheers, G

Comment

Cool

Hi Bob,

Nice, I will have to give this one a try and if I have time do a tutorial.

John b
                            MDS

Comment

Problem with 1.5 ROM for Tronsmart MK908

Recently installed your 1.5 ROM for Tronsmart MK908 with 4gb & 1080p options. Everything looks good except when I use the 1080p option my Internet speed drops from around 25,000 kbps to 2,500 kbps. If I changed the setting to 720p the Internet returns to 25,000 kbps. Any idea what the problem could be?

Charlie
                              Last edited by dogman; 07-04-2013, 15:17.

Comment

Edit your post so you're not quoting his entire post please.

Any progress with the video stuttering, I'm about to trash my mk908, what a waste of money!

Comment

Working...
                                X