Tronsmart MK908 Android 4.2.2 "Official" - Finless ROM 1.5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: NEW - Tronsmart MK908 Android 4.2.2 "Official" - Finless ROM 1.5

Hi guys! I have noticed that hd youtube videos won't play smoothly, youtube app is always buffering and will not play correctly. But, if i play smae video hd throw youtube website it plays fine... seems to be somethinh wrong with youtube app.

Also, Netflix won't play fine, always gettinh skip frames and low quality (no internet problem)

Comment

Use newer ROM

Originally posted by lich17 View Post
      Hello,

I have such problem with skype, i connect camera - Logitech C270 (its seems to be work). Install skype, make video call, its dailing but when other side hang up - the calling is failed.
      Without camera the same situation.

What it can be?
      Thank you.

Tronsmart T428
      Firwmare - NEW - Tronsmart T428 Android 4.2.2 - Finless ROM 1.5A "Official"

OMG, sorry, i mistaken with thread - please move to NEW - Tronsmart T428 Android 4.2.2 - Finless ROM 1.5A "Official",

Thank you.
      I think it's an audio problem. I use the newest ROM from tronsmart (17th of June) and it seems that this problem is already fixed.

Link to that ROM:

Guys, here is the newest firmware for Tronsmart T428. Fix the usb audio problem,now you can do skype video chat with your Tronsmart T428.(tested with Logitech C170 Web camera) Here is the firmware download link: http://d-h.st/Mj2 This is the 720P firmware, and i also ask them to put a real 1080P rom,and i am uploading […]

Comment

kanwisher

Thanks for the suggestions.
        For some reason I cannot find on my MK908 advanced in USB settings....anyway I finally managed to reflash it this morning by using the hardware reset button on the unit.
        All is well now.
        Cheers

Originally posted by kanwisher View Post
        Dennisdg, personally I had to use the alternative method. Make sure USB plugged into the otg port. Go ahead and turn USB debugging on. Check under advanced in USB settings to make sure the 3rd option is checked, not the 1st one or the camera option. Make sure you follow the directions on installing the drivers. See if that works for you.

Comment

Oops I just checked my nexus it was under the advanced tab at the top right under the "storage" settings tab, it says "USB storage connection". Glad you got it figured out though!

Comment

New Update Rom

Hi, Bob

when will be a new update?

Comment

Finless 1.5

Got my mk908 yesterday, flashed Bob's 1.5 rom, everything seems to be working just fine (including new fly mouse keyboard, to my surprise the only problem appears to be my vision, need an extra pair of glasses, don't think that even Bob can fix it.
              My only objection is so far only to a pretty large mouse pointer, which is not to my liking, but that is matter of taste after all.
              Another thing I miss is command line to check cpu temperature (used to be something like: cat /sys/module/tsadc/parameters/temp*...). Bob, would you please tell me if there is any alternative? I tried it on the stock rom before i flashed and it was also not working. Later on I had a closer look, the directory with that name simply doesn't exist. Many thanks, G

Comment

Originally posted by Chakumo View Post
                Logitech k400 wireless keyboard fix?
                Working like a charm

Comment

Did you ever find out how to do this?
                  If so how?

Thanks

Dennisdg

Originally posted by Chakumo View Post
                  Hi, Bob

how can i wake up the mk908 in sleep mode with Logitech k400 keyboard?

Comment

Originally posted by dennisdg View Post
                    Folks, I'm having difficulty getting my Tronsmart MK908 into 'flash mode' ready for flashing.
                    Neither the ROM flash tool v137 or the alternate reboot flash tool sees my MK908.
                    I haven't made a hardware reset yet as the thing is actually working but I do want to install the Finless ROM.
                    Dennis
                    Hi Denis, I had the same experience and used the hardware switch without much bothering, everything went on smooth.
                    Maybe you can also try this: install terminal and type "su" than "reboot bootloader". See what happens, as I am not sure how this will work if drivers were not installed. It might give it a desired windows "bong". Anyhow, make sure to have new drivers installed properly before you flash or erase nand (3188 drivers are different from 3066 if you used that stick before, but conveniently they are backward compatible). Hope this might help. Goran

Comment

Originally posted by bkling View Post
                      try using better dc adapter..
                      That worked for me and I couldn't believe it. Thanks!

Comment

Thank you very much Bob, I just buy a MK908 (from Chinese Supplier, not Tronsmart) and your Rom is Working great.

For the record I had one issue with the driver necessary for the FlashMode. Windows saying to use another newer driver and bypassing the right one, I manage to change a windows setting to avoid Windows 7 bypass my driver and cool I fix the issue and put in flashmode and all another flashing stuff.

The another issue is with Wimote controller I wanted to use with MK908 using the WimoteController app and it says: An error occurred. Last Error: No route to host. When I look for this error I find in android 4.2 and up android changed some Bluetooth stuff and now every device who was supporting wiimote controller no more support it and appears to be no fix released for it from google. I wonder if you or something more know about this issue, because I would like very much use My WiiiMote with the MK908 and your custom rom.

Thank You very much in advance.

Comment

Originally posted by frjavi View Post
                          Thank you very much Bob, I just buy a MK908 (from Chinese Supplier, not Tronsmart) and your Rom is Working great.

The another issue is with Wimote controller I wanted to use with MK908 using the WimoteController app and it says: An error occurred. Last Error: No route to host. When I look for this error I find in android 4.2 and up android changed some Bluetooth stuff and now every device who was supporting wiimote controller no more support it and appears to be no fix released for it from google. I wonder if you or something more know about this issue, because I would like very much use My WiiiMote with the MK908 and your custom rom.

There is not much anyone can do about the wiimote not working. It's an android change to the bluetooth setup that occurred in 4.2+. People have been attempting workarounds without any success. Your only options are to use a 4.1 Rom (should work in Fineless 1.4 rom for mk908) or wait for another android version where new bluetooth fixes get implemented (that or someone comes up with a workaround which isn't looking good atm).
                          Question Reality: Find Your Own Truth!

My MK908 Cooling Mod and Breakdown : HERE
                          My RK3188 Github Repos (NOTE: Works-in-Progress!) : HERE

Sent my Epic4G AND Backflip into nearspace... what have YOU done with your phone?

Want to say thanks for something I did/said or DONATE to my drink fund?

Comment

Originally posted by frjavi View Post

For the record I had one issue with the driver necessary for the FlashMode. Windows saying to use another newer driver and bypassing the right one, I manage to change a windows setting to avoid Windows 7 bypass my driver and cool I fix the issue and put in flashmode and all another flashing stuff.

I was comparing the system filesystems on the official release and the latest update to stock image release by tronsmart.
                            Only in update/system/vendor/firmware: bcm20710a1.hcd
                            Only in update/system/vendor/firmware: bcm2076b1.hcd
                            Only in update/system/vendor/firmware: bcm40183b2.hcd

The Broadcom 2071 and 2076 are Bluetooth chips, so it's probable that we'll see improvements in BT (plus the release notes for the update say so). However, even with that I know there have been many issues with bluetooth game controllers under 4.2.2 on other devices like my Galaxy Nexus and Nexus 7, so you may have to wait for jb_mr2 release from google to see a fix.

Jb_mr2 is supposed to drop any day now, we're predicting July 3 because the Google engineers want to take Independence Day and the following Friday off for a four day weekend, so they're trying to get it done by then.

Edit: http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...-fix-bluetooth
                            Last edited by brunson; 07-01-2013, 17:53.

Comment

Originally posted by sevo1984 View Post
                              Hi Denis, I had the same experience and used the hardware switch without much bothering, everything went on smooth.
                              Maybe you can also try this: install terminal and type "su" than "reboot bootloader". See what happens, as I am not sure how this will work if drivers were not installed. It might give it a desired windows "bong". Anyhow, make sure to have new drivers installed properly before you flash or erase nand (3188 drivers are different from 3066 if you used that stick before, but conveniently they are backward compatible). Hope this might help. Goran
                              Thanks Goran - I managed with the hard reset - flashed normally.

Regards

Dennis

Comment

Troubles, can't flash

Hello,

first of all, please excuse me if I'm completely clueless.. pretty much a newbie in the forum, completely newbie as far as mini-PC android sticks are concerned, and not that experimented with Android in general.
                                Got my MK908 last week and tried to install the 'reference': Finless ROM !

Unfortunately, I never get the flash tool to find the device.
                                I tried both from my Windows XP PC and a Windows 7 laptop.
                                In both cases, I always get 'No Found RKAndroid rock USB' with ROM_Flash_Tool_137.exe and
                                RKBatchTool.exe (alternate solution) only shows Grey squares, no Pink.

I ended trying the manual reset. Get to have the PC find the new device, I seem to install the drivers correctly. After reboot, Windows identifies the logged devices as MK908, but I still get the same result with flash tools, it never gets identified...
                                I repeated the instructions several times, to no avail.

Any help would be very welcome !

What I checked:
                                Android 4.2.2 - Kernel 3.0.36+ (28 May)
                                Vendor software version mk908_100j2 28-0502013
                                'Connect to PC' Enabled under Settings/Device/USB
                                Settings/Developer options/Debugging/USB debugging is ticked off

Looking at driver details after it's installed, I see Fuzhou Rockship Electronics Co. Ltd. as the provider, file version 2.0.

Thank you very much !

Comment

Working...
                                X