Tronsmart MK908 Android 4.2.2 "Official" - Finless ROM 1.5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kingfisher View Post
    Tried a few archived flash players on the Finless 1.5 with android 4.2.2 rom none worked, but there is a way around. Just follow this link http://mickeythegeek.blogspot.com/20...n-android.html. It worked for me. Courtesy of MickeyTheGeek
    Glad to hear you found a workaround!

I think we all just need to give it some time, Bob is obviously working hard on multiple things at once. I'm just glad theres a community based on these devices.

Comment

Status bar

Hey,

I go crazy...

In the status bar is a function to hide it. But how do i get it back?
      You know what i mean? I mean the down arrow right of the power off switch.

Thanks from germany

Steffen

Comment

I've been playing around with Netflix some more. Bob's 4.1 Rom (default 720p) seemed more stable to me. The jitter is still there for me (although it's more intermittant in 4.2), but 4.2 has locked up on me (while playing Netflix) several times while 4.1 never locked up. I still haven't figured out how to get rid of the virtual keyboard.

FYI, still having fun!

Comment

Some questions about the ROM

Hey Bob,

Thanks so much for the work, you've really done a great service for us all.

I have some questions about the ROM after comparing it to the official release

1. I can't seem to extract the official release boot.img, it has a header of ANDROID rather than KRNL RKAF or RKFW. I only have the rkutils from github on Linux and don't have a windows computer to try any of the tools that run there. Of course I expect it to be different from yours, since you've added init.d support, but I'd really like to be able to examine the original and can't get to it. I'm reading the source for rkunpack to see what it's doing for the other img types and try to reverse engineer this "ANDROID" file, but if you know what's going on, I'd love to know what tools are at your disposal.
          2. All the apks and ndk binaries that I've compared I can correlate to the release notes you've put out, but I started digging because of the Netflix fix. I'm a bit confused... are the only changes to fix the Netflix buffering issues the changes to build.props in the "My tweaks" section? I have to ask because they're all commented out and I can't find anything else that lends itself to that fix.
          3. The official update didn't come with a kernel image. I'm curious where you got the 720 kernel you've included. Did you download it from the device or extract it out of the original release? I'm mainly curious because if I'm already running the 720 kernel you've got, I won't have to worry about ABI compatibility.

I can't say enough how great it is to have your work to look at, it probably would have taken be days to figure out the formats and packaging without your ROM to start with. My goal was to be able to get the kinks out of the official release without doing a full wipe. I think you've described enough in your "READ ME FIRST" file that I'm comfortable with a partial flash if I know that I'm running a compatible kernel.

Thanks again. You rock!

Comment

Originally posted by sgei View Post
            Hey,

I go crazy...

In the status bar is a function to hide it. But how do i get it back?
            You know what i mean? I mean the down arrow right of the power off switch.

Thanks from germany

Steffen

Swipe up, from the bottom of the screen.

Comment

Brunson, the official release the kernel is in boot.img which is why you see the Android header.
              Boot can be 2 ways. RK packed or standard Android style. I got the kernel from inside boot.img. You extract that style boot.img using a perl script. See the ROM hacks and development area and I explain how to do that.

I commented out my usual build.prop changes as I could not see them make any difference and feared they would cause bugs until I could test more.

As for where the Netflix fix was, I do not know. I have not had time to compare the MK908 beta vs official which between those 2 releases in one day they fixed Netflix. So it should be some what easy to figure out once I get the time.

Bob
              "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
              "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
              "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
              "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
              "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
              "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
              "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
              "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju Å¡to čine"
              "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

Originally posted by alnames View Post
                I've been playing around with Netflix some more. Bob's 4.1 Rom (default 720p) seemed more stable to me. The jitter is still there for me (although it's more intermittant in 4.2), but 4.2 has locked up on me (while playing Netflix) several times while 4.1 never locked up. I still haven't figured out how to get rid of the virtual keyboard.

FYI, still having fun!
                Hi,

For those who still finding the way get rid of the virtual keyboard, I want to share my simple solution. Just install Q2 Keyboard from Google play market and use it. There is option to hide virtual keyboard when physical keyboard is connected. I'm using Logitech K-400 and it works fine.

Bob, thank you so much for your great Rom~!!

Jin

Comment

After running 1080p kernel/rom for a few days, my observation is that unit overheats a lot and may crash during video playback.

Comment

Originally posted by elecs21d View Post
                    Hi,

For those who still finding the way get rid of the virtual keyboard, I want to share my simple solution. Just install Q2 Keyboard from Google play market and use it. There is option to hide virtual keyboard when physical keyboard is connected. I'm using Logitech K-400 and it works fine.

Bob, thank you so much for your great Rom~!!

Jin
                    Hey,

in my opinion the best way to hide the virtual keyboard is to install the app "Keyboard Helper".
                    You can also switch the keyboard layout from QUERTY to QUERTZ (necessary for german users e.g.).

Steffen

Comment

My PSU and an option to view apps as a list

Hi,

I measured my PSU and the highest AMP we got was 1.17. I just ordered a 5V 3A NordicPower PSU with DC -> Mini-USB connector mod (replacement) made by the vendor. Should arrive this week.

Is there a way to make the apps show as a list instead a gazillion number of icons? My Samsung SGS III (3) has the option but it's behind a settings button. Any advice would be nice. Never used an Android tablet, let alone 4.2.2 Android inside a small Android TV. =)

BR,

-J-

Comment

Originally posted by peteus View Post
                        After running 1080p kernel/rom for a few days, my observation is that unit overheats a lot and may crash during video playback.
                        I can second that the unit cant run at max speed or 1080 for any length of time as the margin left to push it over the top and overheat is greatly reduced, Ive overheated this unit several times writing different code, So then the overall speed will have to be reduced to prevent overheating then you may as well run a 3066 device, from real life use the speed difference isn't that much as can be expected from the 2 additional cores, but these do add enough extra heat to push it over the edge as the cooling is inadequate for the 3066 let alone the 3188.

I did add a Pentium heat sink and fan and I'm sure this would do the trick however I stopped at the thought of having to patch up a poor design.

Im not trying to dig here but making people aware before they purchase it as I did to be a faster unit than the mk808.

Comment

sgei & elecs21d:

You don't need to install anything just disable the Android Keyboard AOSP, then it may call the only input device left like speech so disable that.

Thats the first thing I do on all my android devices as my development requires full screen and a usb keyboard / mouse.

hope that helps.

Comment

But I need a QUERTZ keyboard-layout. And to get it I have to install an app like "External Keyboard Helper", right? I have a QUERTZ USB- and Bluetooth-Keyboard, but connected to an Android Device I get only a QUERTY Layout.

Steffen

Comment

I just got my MK908 in today and installed Finess Rom 1.5. My current Bluetooth keyboard and mouse don't work with it. Is this an issue with the ROM or Android OS in general?

Comment

Originally posted by starryeyedsky View Post
                                I just got my MK908 in today and installed Finess Rom 1.5. My current Bluetooth keyboard and mouse don't work with it. Is this an issue with the ROM or Android OS in general?
                                @starryeyedsky,

it is not an Android OS issue in general.
                                The problem is in the stock firmware 4.1.2 and 4.2.2. The Finless ROM 1.5 is based on it.
                                The manufacturer knows about the bug and will fix it like in the T428 ROM.

These are my information from geekbuying.

We have to wait...

Comment

Working...
                                X