No announcement yet.

AML Mini M8S(S905) latest firmware

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I really need help. I'm new to these Andriod boxes. I bought a Mini M8S S905. At present, the OTA doesn't display any updates and hasn't in the two months I have owned it. After reading this discussion, it seems that it's because the URL is wrong on the OTA. I have tried to update the firmware using the update & backup system but I get errors. The latest errors keep saying P200 2G is required. Please can anyone help as its getting very frustrated?

Comment

Originally posted by Shimon View Post
      What's the latest solution not involving a windows computer? Thx.
      If you mean, to use Linux OS , you can follow this instruction http://www.stane1983.com/index.php/2...rd-from-linux/
      i have Un Bricked my Mini M8S using the instuction in there.
      for u-boot.bin i use u-boot.bin.sd.bin and aml_sdc_burn.ini from the attached file in here http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&postcount=361
      if you cannot download from there, i have upload it to mediafire, here the link http://www.mediafire.com/file/8cc1xs...and-u-boot.zip
      and for the ROM, i use ROM from Queenslayer in the First post in this thread (the one with mediafire link).

i hope this will help
      Last edited by sukanime; 10-01-2016, 04:57. Reason: add info
      Android TV Box - Mini M8S (Amlogic S905) - Ubuntu Mate 16.04 Arm64 - 3.14.29 with VLC (X11 Accelerated XCB), Kodi Odrobian Fbdev 16.1 (VPU Accelerated), X.org 7.7 plus Mali Fbdev 20160315-r5p1

Comment

Originally posted by Bjwgorman View Post
        I really need help. I'm new to these Andriod boxes. I bought a Mini M8S S905. At present, the OTA doesn't display any updates and hasn't in the two months I have owned it. After reading this discussion, it seems that it's because the URL is wrong on the OTA. I have tried to update the firmware using the update & backup system but I get errors. The latest errors keep saying P200 2G is required. Please can anyone help as its getting very frustrated?
        btw, my mini m8s always said no update if i checked the update in android.
        but i never care with it, because i use mini m8s for runing Ubuntu Mate Desktop.

and yesterday some how, i messed up and reflash using ROM from the First post, and i get OTA Update info, then i update the Android.
        Android TV Box - Mini M8S (Amlogic S905) - Ubuntu Mate 16.04 Arm64 - 3.14.29 with VLC (X11 Accelerated XCB), Kodi Odrobian Fbdev 16.1 (VPU Accelerated), X.org 7.7 plus Mali Fbdev 20160315-r5p1

Comment

hello guys, you know a solution to enable an automatic refresh rate? I have to change the frequency according to the video source that I look, everything is uncomfortable. otherwise there is any app that allows you to assign a different frequency depending on the individual application? thank you all

Comment

I have a mini m8sII I am having trouble with.
            The wifi is still really slow.
            I ran the update from the first post in the thread and had a few updates after that.. I believe I am on version 106

I tried validators wifi image but when I try to load it from the boot loader it says signature verification failed.
            I also have no luck with the amlogic burn tool...I always get the ddr error on multiple computers.

How do I get the wifi back to speed...

Comment

Originally posted by Lilpele12 View Post
              I have a mini m8sII I am having trouble with.
              The wifi is still really slow.
              I ran the update from the first post in the thread and had a few updates after that.. I believe I am on version 106

I tried validators wifi image but when I try to load it from the boot loader it says signature verification failed.
              I also have no luck with the amlogic burn tool...I always get the ddr error on multiple computers.

How do I get the wifi back to speed...

The mini M8S and mini M8S II are completely different and use different hardware.

Mini M8S II uses Android 6.0 and s905X Soc , notice the X after the s905.

Mini M8S uses s905 Soc , notice no X after s905.

Both have different Android firmware.

Comment

Can anybody help me please. I bought this player almost 6 month ago and everything was working great until now. Basically I was using the ethernet connection on the box and it was working like a charm. But suddenly it stopped working and the main problem is that the box shows the "Two monitors icon" in the top left which means that it recognizes that the ethernet cable is plugged in but I have no Internet connection. If I go to the Settings - Network page it says that the ethernet is Connected and that I have Internet Connection even though I actually don't. I tried using both DHCP and setting a static IP address but it didn't help, even tried port forwarding all ports for the specific MAC address of the box. It just keeps saying it's connected but I still don't have a actual Internet connection. ?!

Comment

It's possible the variable MAC address could be confusing the other end (security?) or due to the same issue, the router could have run out of assignable addresses.

Comment

Hello, I have this box since a year ago. It has worked perfectly during this time, however I had to go back to Kodi 16.1 because there is no amlogic hardware acceleration in Kodi 17, and I was worried by the temperatures the box was hitting while playing videos. With Kodi 16.1 and hardware acceleration on the CPU is usually between 45-50ºC, but if I upgrade to Kodi 17 it hits 75-76ºC. I don't know if these last temperatures are acceptable for this SoC so I downgrade the Kodi version. Is there any fix for this? I really wanted to have a new YouTube feature in Kodi 17 but not at the expense of burning my box.

Are these temperatures not that bad?

Regards.

Comment

Hi, have had this box for the past year now and for a low price I loved it . Got another 2 weeks ago for the bed room but it is stuck on the mbox logo on screen . Can someone point me in the right direction to get this fixed.
                      Thanks

Comment

hi as my mini was locked on the start screen I wanted to run the firmware, I managed to install the TWRP correctly, I tried the update regarding the installation of this error: size of image is larger than target device.

can I solve? thank you so much

Comment

remote.conf/Vendor_0001_Product_0001.kl
                          SOS
                          someone would ask you to download the mini m8s remote.conf file
                          and Vendor_0001_Product_0001.kl filet

android is here
                          - /system/etc/remote.conf
                          - /system/usr/keylayout/Vendor_0001_Product_0001.kl

thx tgabby

Comment

So last night my Mini M8s stop working , no signal from it.So i flashed it with 2 oem firmwares and one custom.The problem was from the ac adapter.So , after swapping it i was able to make it run but now i face a new problem.The box stays at the google tv logo in bootloop.I can flash it with burning tool but it would not boot in android or recovery.Please help.The tootpick sd card method doesn't work.It goes into a black screen , i don't know what to do ((

Comment

Someone ? Please help.

Comment

Working...
                              X