OTT MXQ 4K Pro - New build testing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hmsgr View Post
    The firmware i use is the same Macrom uses, i burned img using usb burning tool 2.0.7, rooted the firmware and installed Nova Launcher.
    I have installed this firmware too seems to work ok,,,,,,,,,,,mind telling me how you rooted it.......I tried ezroot from this forum but did not work for me........thanks

Vec

Comment

Originally posted by veclinux View Post

I have installed this firmware too seems to work ok,,,,,,,,,,,mind telling me how you rooted it.......I tried ezroot from this forum but did not work for me........thanks

Vec
      Just follow instructions bellow and you should be fine.
      Download the link below.
      Unzip the file and put the 3 files on a SDcard.
      ezroot.zip
      recovery.img
      factory_update_param.aml
      Now this is the important part. We need to boot the recovery you put on SDcard not the internal recovery or the ezroot.zip will fail signature.
      Go to "My Apps" and run "Update & Backup".
      Click on "Local Update" and click on "Select". It should find ezroot.zip on your SDcard.
      Select that and proceed.
      It will reboot and install the update and your done!
      Enjoy the perfect root

Link s905_ez_root.zip

https://www.dropbox.com/s/iizxb70ywc..._root.zip?dl=0

If this doesn´t work, then i don´t know what more can i tell you...

Works fine for me.

Comment

My cable Neighbor made no good. Going to pick this up.....that should.work eh.

Comment

Originally posted by Macrom View Post

No way with 2.0.7 allways error at formatting step.

Can't rollback with it too.

Marcom.. I am getting similar errors with 2.0.7, what did you do to solve the problem ?

EDIT:
          Ok not sure what I did, but my cable had some sort of bump (transformer?) on one end.. After swapping the ends of the cable (PC<=>mxq), it all started to work and it seems I now have successful burn with wifi working.
          Last edited by rapalax; 05-26-2016, 04:09.

Comment

You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 4 photos.

Comment

You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 3 photos.

Comment

Everything went smooth but after I texted Cody for a while I look in system settings and it looks like I dropped from 4 cpu readings to 1 or 2 anyone else noticed this seems to run a little hotter than normal as well

Comment

Tested L-MXQPRO-KODI-0511 and seems pretty stable up until I got Kodi from the play store and enabled passthrough. The entire box will consistently hang if you try to play something with 5.1 AAC audio

Can someone suggest another ROM ? How about hugsun_s905_mxq_20160509 ?

Comment

Originally posted by rapalax View Post
                    Tested L-MXQPRO-KODI-0511 and seems pretty stable up until I got Kodi from the play store and enabled passthrough. The entire box will consistently hang if you try to play something with 5.1 AAC audio

Can someone suggest another ROM ? How about hugsun_s905_mxq_20160509 ?
                    I tried hugsun would not burn for me........my problem with the L-Mxpro is stuff like salts and exodus hang trying to resolve the sources not sure if its the 1 gig ram or the firmware all my other boxes are 2 gig boxes and they work ok going to try to get original firmware from my supplier will report back............

Cheers,
                    Vec

Comment

Anyone try playing with neomode custom rom mk808b pro s905 &mxq pro s905 yet. That's my next

Comment

Originally posted by Mackdano View Post
                        Anyone try playing with neomode custom rom mk808b pro s905 &mxq pro s905 yet. That's my next
                        I don't think it will be compatible tho

Comment

Hmsgr so now I need to figure out once I get a nice setup on one box how I create image and use burning tool to put image on new box save set up time is this possible

Comment

Originally posted by veclinux View Post

I tried hugsun would not burn for me........my problem with the L-Mxpro is stuff like salts and exodus hang trying to resolve the sources not sure if its the 1 gig ram or the firmware all my other boxes are 2 gig boxes and they work ok going to try to get original firmware from my supplier will report back............

Cheers,
                            Vec
                            I did notice similar issues as well as overheating issues if you look in system settings it doesn't seem like all 4 processors show up they usually do
                            You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Well i decided to redo my cooling again in my box, so i bought a sheet of thermal pad, removed the top metal plate on the box, used another and bigger heatsink, bought a cheap notebook cooler with 2 fans (dismantled it), built a wooden box an placed the plastic structure with fans inside.

Now after some testing the temperatures are good!

When i´m doing light tasks temps go from 39º and 50º celsius.

When i´m doing heavy tasks ( ran stability test from antutu) temps hit the max temperature of 63º celsius which is pretty amazing and safe to say that heating won´t be an issue from now on.

A few days back i showed to you another cooling setup but heating was still severe, after some time connected and doing heavy tasking ( ran stability test from antutu) temperature rose to about 85º celsius just within 3 minutes of testing so i decided that it wasn´t an effective cooling solution because the heat was trapped inside and of course it will be catastrophic after some time as passed.

Fans and better coolers do all the difference!
                              Last edited by hmsgr; 06-02-2016, 16:50.

Comment

Originally posted by Mackdano

I did notice similar issues as well as overheating issues if you look in system settings it doesn't seem like all 4 processors show up they usually do
                                Kodi only shows active processors

Enviado desde mi Lenovo K910 mediante Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X