No announcement yet.

OTT MXQ 4K Pro - New build testing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can someone help me with firmware fot an unknown ott mxq pro 4 k box ? I tried to flash a p201 firmware and it says that is not compatible because mine is not p201 it's S905_8188 .The mainboard is AM95AXQ.Thank you
    Attached Files

Comment

can you post a few pics of your box?

Originally posted by TheOne06 View Post
      Can someone help me with firmware fot an unknown ott mxq pro 4 k box ? I tried to flash a p201 firmware and it says that is not compatible because mine is not p201 it's S905_8188 .The mainboard is AM95AXQ.Thank you

Comment

Hi, I am also looking for a firmware for my MXQ Pro, I installed around 15 by now and none of them have the remote working. I also need an option to Force RGB due to screen going pink on old TVs, but at this point I want to get it back to working state. I am attaching images of everything that I have.

Model: OTT TV MXQ PRO
        CPU: S905 at least that is what was showing during boot up before an update - at this point I am not sure
        Motherboard : CS_905_MXQ_V1.0 - 2015-09-19
        WiFi : Realtek 8189ETV
        Previous software before any update : P201 20160318

I am about to give up on that box any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.
        You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 5 photos.

Comment

Originally posted by TheRulesOfDeath View Post
          Hi, I am also looking for a firmware for my MXQ Pro, I installed around 15 by now and none of them have the remote working. I also need an option to Force RGB due to screen going pink on old TVs, but at this point I want to get it back to working state. I am attaching images of everything that I have.

CPU: S905 at least that is what was showing during boot up before an update - at this point I am not sure

Thanks.
          Are you sure you have a P201? I have a P200 and flashed p201 firmware and then my remote stopped working (managed to get the original rom back though).

Comment

Thanks.
            look firmware at 4pda

Comment

Originally posted by hmsgr View Post

Sorry i don´t have that firmware...

As for the cable make sure all is correctly isolated and the connections correspond to each individual pin from the usb ports and aren´t shorting out with each other, using, as i said before, a multimeter or continuity tester.

I did my cable in 20 minutes and all worked fine, but i have to remember that things can go wrong and you may end up with a bricked box.

As for instructions how to burn an amlogic firmware i use this method written by someone and works for me:

----------------------------------------------

1. Install the usb burning tool.

2. After installation, restart the system (doesn't tell you too, but it didn't recognize on my win 10 until I did.)

3. Plug one end of the cable to the computer.Leave the other detached.

4. Open USB Burning Tool

5. Go to "Import Image" and load the ROM.

6. Once it is loaded( takes a while) click START.

7. Now the fun part. Use a toothpick in the A/V port and hold for six seconds (not sure if you have to hold it a specific time, but that seems to be a common number), plug the other end of the cable to the back USB of the MXQ Pro (USB 4), and remove toothpick when recognized. Should be HUB3-3 (mine was HUB7-3). It will then start flashing.

8. Unplug and press STOP.

Hope this helps.

Oh, and afterwards, it will take a minute or two to get to the main android screen after this (after the Mbox logo obviously, but in case someone else doesn't understand and gets impatient). If more than 5 min (should be shorter), something else might be up.

-----------------------------------------

I have to add extra tips in this method:

The tv box doesn´t need to be connected to power because the usb cable has 5v to do that!

Make sure that nothing is connected in the tv box ( only toothpick and male A usb to male A usb Cable needed.

We have to put in License Folder ( C:\Program Files (x86)\Amlogic\USB_Burning_Tool\license) the firmware we are going to flash and also upload to that folder the files containg in this next rar ( unpack, enter license folder and copy all that files to the folder mentioned)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/107fzmz679...cense.rar?dl=0

On Usb Burning tool make sure when you import image that in the table on the right ( Key and Avail...) appears Mac and some numbers if is 0 something is wrong...

This should prevent from errors occurring while importing and burning image file.

I know this method works for my Ott Mxq pro 4k S905 p201 and don´t see a reason for not working on other amlogic cpu boxes...
              Thank you, thank you for this post. Your help with the license files just un-bricked (soft) my TV box. Bless you.

Comment

I'm glad i could help!

Comment

If remote does not work, just replace stock remote.conf in new rom and set permission to 644. It is located in /system/etc/ .

Here is the one for MXQ Pro (Nexbox)
                  https://www.dropbox.com/s/a5clxh6k6w...mote.conf?dl=0

Originally posted by TheOne06
                  Open zip file navigate to \META-INF\com\google\android and edit the updater-script. Replace p201 with p200 or whatever your type is.

Comment

Hi geeks,

I bought a OTT MXQ Pro 4k, my board says mxq_s905_v2_2 20160428 (green pcb), I using this ROM "905_MXQpro_aml_upgrade_package-20160530.rar", after a good clean & tweak it works fine, except that the recovery button no longer works after the upgrade, it worked with the stock rom... I tried other similar ROMs from this post and no luck, anyone knows/have a stock ROM for this model? is there any way to fix the recovery button?
                    I can enter recovery from android/ADB, but I was trying to install OE or LE, but the box never boots/updates from the SD card, tried diferent SD cards types/sizes, diferent SD format tools, with no luck, (i read somewhere else that it can be related to the uboot image is missing the recovery button mapping) my last hope was to try the toothpick method, any other hint geeks, for a desperated soul?

Regards,
                    We’re the middle children of history, man. No purpose or place. We have no Great War. No Great Depression. Our Great War’s a spiritual war…

Comment

Originally posted by pawhtiobo View Post
                      I can enter recovery from android/ADB, but I was trying to install OE or LE, but the box never boots/updates from the SD card, tried diferent SD cards types/sizes, diferent SD format tools, with no luck, (i read somewhere else that it can be related to the uboot image is missing the recovery button mapping) my last hope was to try the toothpick method, any other hint geeks, for a desperated soul?
                      Install TWRP-Recovery and flash OE or LE via TWRP.
                      SD-Flash-Images usually contain a secondary .zip file, extract it. You will only need the secondary .zip file. (It must contain Meta-INF, System Folder,...etc. in root.)
                      Go to google play and get "RASHR ROOT FLASH TOOL". https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...erytools&hl=en
                      Get TWRP-Recovery image for your device http://www.freak-tab.de/abdul_pt/aml/TWRP3_T8x.img and flash it via RASHR TOOL.
                      Now Boot into Recovery, wipe system, data, dalvik, cache partition and then install rom .zip from external USB.

Btw. you don't need adb to enter recovery. This can be done easier via apps like Rashr or Power Menu https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...owermenu&hl=en
                      Last edited by KyleRiemen; 07-22-2016, 10:15.

Comment

Originally posted by KyleRiemen View Post

Install TWRP-Recovery and flash OE or LE via TWRP.
                        SD-Flash-Images usually contain a secondary .zip file, extract it. You will only need the secondary .zip file. (It must contain Meta-INF, System Folder,...etc. in root.)
                        Go to google play and get "RASHR ROOT FLASH TOOL". https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...erytools&hl=en
                        Get TWRP-Recovery image for your device http://www.freak-tab.de/abdul_pt/aml/TWRP3_T8x.img and flash it via RASHR TOOL.
                        Now Boot into Recovery, wipe system, data, dalvik, cache partition and then install rom .zip from external USB.

Btw. you don't need adb to enter recovery. This can be done easier via apps like Rashr or Power Menu https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...owermenu&hl=en

Thank you (again) for you answer @KyleRiemen!

My real goal is to dual boot the box, I want to keep Android for my kid (games, kid's shows...) and have a second OS for my needs (if ever it will be possible). The method you described as I understood, I will lose android permanently, and if anything goes wrong with the flash I will not be able to enter recovery again (crappy recovery button! lol ), and I not sure if the Burning tool will debrick the situation I stated before... never tested. I also read others posts here, about the U-Boot mod (S805 thread) to allow SD boot, but I never had success with procedure, I will have to wait, and see if someone had success dual-booting this box (P201).

PS: I use petrus reboot, or terminal command or ADB, to enter recovery, thank you for the other tips .

Regards,
                        We’re the middle children of history, man. No purpose or place. We have no Great War. No Great Depression. Our Great War’s a spiritual war…

Comment

* rooted
                          * decent wifi, but not the optimal performance (anyway i use ethernet)
                          * a little laggy for me
                          * no navigation bar :-o :-( , anyone knows how to fix it, or a firmware that has navbar enabled

Comment

Hi guys I'm new here.

I have a question. When I tried to update the firmware of my MXQ PRO thru Windows 7, it says "Installing driver" then "No drivers installed". How can I fix it? Thanks

Comment

You Install the USB Burning Tool, that Install the Driver for that.
                              Then you have to reboot your PC.

Regards
                              Neomode

Comment

Originally posted by neomode View Post
                                You Install the USB Burning Tool, that Install the Driver for that.
                                Then you have to reboot your PC.

Regards
                                Neomode
                                I already installed the USB Burning Tool. When I was about to update the firmware (using toothpick method) and plugged the USB to the box's USB 4 port, the computer searches for drivers and later said "No drivers installed". Then nothing happens.

Comment

Working...
                                X