NEXBOX A95X Amlogic 905X FIRMWARE UPDATE 20160824

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by prahjister View Post
    1st step down. Unpack that img with check boxes below. Now add supersu to /system/app pack and flash.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]n592892[/ATTACH]
    Now it boots into recovery?

Comment

Originally posted by Meso View Post

Now it boots into recovery?
      Which firmware? Ill get it booting. I have a a95x 1/8 to test with.
      Prahjister ****MK808(nonB)****MK808B V5****MK808B Plus****UBOX R89**** CX919****MK808B Pro****Nexbox N9****Eny Em95****Matricon Q2****Tanix TX5 Pro****

Comment

I have the 2/16.

Comment

I can edit the init.amlogic.board.rc and boot. when adding the SuperSU or su and sudaemon, the device boots into recovery???

Comment

im getting something similar here on the 2/8 a95x i just added su apk and replaced the uboot .. and after upgrade i cant boot.. just ends up in recovery with the broken android logo.. do i need to delete the u-boot.bin.sd.bin & aml_sdc_burn.ini? thanks for all the help.. im new to editing firmware.. and im probably getting on everybodys nerves lol but thanks for sure

Comment

Originally posted by DONDIDIT View Post
              im getting something similar here on the 2/8 a95x i just added su apk and replaced the uboot .. and after upgrade i cant boot.. just ends up in recovery with the broken android logo.. do i need to delete the u-boot.bin.sd.bin & aml_sdc_burn.ini? thanks for all the help.. im new to editing firmware.. and im probably getting on everybodys nerves lol but thanks for sure
              Try this

Prahjister ****MK808(nonB)****MK808B V5****MK808B Plus****UBOX R89**** CX919****MK808B Pro****Nexbox N9****Eny Em95****Matricon Q2****Tanix TX5 Pro****

Comment

DONDIDIT and prahjister For me, did not use the provided zipped file. Just followed steps provided by meatheadmike.

1. I used the boot files from Tanix TX5 Pro and replaced the boot files in stock firmware using customization tool. Get that firmware here: http://freaktab.com/forum/advertiser...mware-20160809
                2. Per prahjister step, manually copied SuperSu.apk to C:\Program Files (x86)\Amlogic\CustomizationTool\tmp\level2\system\ app\(create folder"SuperSu")
                3. Repack stock image and give it a good filename.
                4. Load using USB Burning tool.

So, I don't think you need to mod the init.amlogic.board.rc as didn't need to. You could use the boot files in zip and SuperSu.apk that prahjister provided.

Give me a few minutes and I will test with prahjister steps.

Comment

Originally posted by J0hn View Post

DONDIDIT and prahjister For me, did not use the provided zipped file. Just followed steps provided by meatheadmike.

1. I used the boot files from Tanix TX5 Pro and replaced the boot files in stock firmware using customization tool. Get that firmware here: http://freaktab.com/forum/advertiser...mware-20160809
                  2. Per prahjister step, manually copied SuperSu.apk to C:\Program Files (x86)\Amlogic\CustomizationTool\tmp\level2\system\ app\(create folder"SuperSu")
                  3. Repack stock image and give it a good filename.
                  4. Load using USB Burning tool.

So, I don't think you need to mod the init.amlogic.board.rc as didn't need to. You could use the boot files in zip and SuperSu.apk that prahjister provided.

Give me a few minutes and I will test with prahjister steps.
                  Thank you for testing...i just provided the download to save a few steps and large download for the tanix firmware.

Comment

ok i followed steps to a t-- will report back in a sec

Comment

well i did it with the usb burning tool .. it completed.. but when i hooked the box back up .. it was stuck on the nexbox logo and didnt do anything after

Comment

well i did it with the usb burning tool .. it completed.. but when i hooked the box back up .. it was stuck on the nexbox logo and didnt do anything after
                        just wait a bit, it does take time and then it should install apps (android) image.

Comment

Thank you for testing...i just provided the download to save a few steps and large download for the tanix firmware.
                          Ok, prahjister from your zipped file, I just took the SuperSu.apk, aml_sdc_burn.UBOOT and UBOOT.USB and manually copied to the extracted stock image Nexbox A95X S905X 2GB/8GB. Of course repacked, and then used USB burn tool. It does take min or two when at Nexbox boot animation and then goes to blue screen with Android image installing applications. Once at home lanucher, you will then get SuperSu asking to grant permissions for SmartTV launcher. So, that tells you that the system is fully rooted by then.

Comment

alriiiiight im in .. and it has root.. thanks again for all the help.. now i have one more problem.. and im wondering if theres more wrong with the firmware.. in kodi. whenever i enable live tv.. and turn on the siimple iptv pvr.. it completely disappears from the list.. then reappears disabled again.. as a matter of fact.. all of the pvr's do the same thing.. and ive tried 3 different versions of kodi to no avail can anyone else test to see if its the same with theres?

Comment

alriiiiight im in .. and it has root.. thanks again for all the help.. now i have one more problem.. and im wondering if theres more wrong with the firmware.. in kodi. whenever i enable live tv.. and turn on the siimple iptv pvr.. it completely disappears from the list.. then reappears disabled again.. as a matter of fact.. all of the pvr's do the same thing.. and ive tried 3 different versions of kodi to no avail can anyone else test to see if its the same with theres?
                              Yep, had the same issue with any pvr's within Kodi. Personally, I removed the Kodi and Kodi Center as it had to much bloated stuff there. Just un-install and download again from Google Play.

Comment

uninstalling and reinstalling didnt do a thing.. the pvrs are still disappearing over here... did your get working? what kodi are you using?

Comment

Working...
                                X