New proud owner of a Pipo M6 with 3g

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by osprey3000 View Post
    Got my M6 yesterday. Everything seem to work fine so far, did find chrome browser to be slow, so I just use another browser. Picture is fantastic, and tablet is very responsive, plays videos and streams HBO and
    You Tube without problems. There is one thing I notice,any time I plug the charger in the tablet automatically boots up, so I shut it down but it keeps rebooting, is this normal? Has anyone else encountered this problem?
    I don't think it is a problem - just a design feature. My 2 years old Le Pan tablet does the same.

This tablet holds the charge pretty well while in sleep mode; I never shut it down, so this feature doesn't bother me at all.

Comment

RE: NEW OWNER M6

Originally posted by pulsar123 View Post
      I don't think it is a problem - just a design feature. My 2 years old Le Pan tablet does the same.

This tablet holds the charge pretty well while in sleep mode; I never shut it down, so this feature doesn't bother me at all.
      Thanks, pulsar123, I guess I am a happy camper now.

Comment

Re: New proud owner of a Pipo M6 with 3g

A small question; if you plug the charger when the tablet is on, and /then/ power it off - will it completely reboot into Android, or just the short charging animation screen?
        This behaviour has been reported by some users of other pipo tablets on recent firmwares - models that wouldn't do this on older firmwares.
        Support your local flasher
        Current devices : Pipo MAX M8 Pro - Samsung Galaxy S4 - Intel NUC

Comment

New owner of Pipo M6

Originally posted by pr0xZen View Post
          A small question; if you plug the charger when the tablet is on, and /then/ power it off - will it completely reboot into Android, or just the short charging animation screen?
          This behaviour has been reported by some users of other pipo tablets on recent firmwares - models that wouldn't do this on older firmwares.
          It will completely reboot into android, you can then try to shut down again, but as long as the charger is plugged into the M6 it will reboot again. Hope this helps. By the way, I am still extremely pleased with this tablet, considering the price and performance.

Comment

Re: New proud owner of a Pipo M6 with 3g

We haven't been able to pinpoint what change causes this, but its a kernel change. And there are no kernel sources yet, so for now you'll either have to live with this for now, revert to an older rom or mix newer roms with older kernel. There's discussion about this in the most recent rom thread.
            Support your local flasher
            Current devices : Pipo MAX M8 Pro - Samsung Galaxy S4 - Intel NUC

Comment

I use AT&T and I'm quite certain that the frequencies aren't compatible. I have an M5 with 3G, and I've never been able to use the 3G function. I'm afraid that Chinese 3G devices (tablets,anyway) aren't compatible with most US carriers...and if they are will only connect to Edge service...because of the radio frequencies. Now, some of the newer ones may have changed...but I can't confirm that they have changed anything with the 3188 tablets.

I've wanted to try a Chinese smart phone, but 1.) I can't get anyone to confirm that the frequencies are compatible...and 2.) By renewing my contract for another 2 years...I can get a new phone almost cheaper than buying one from China. They all look pretty cool, though. My current iPhone is fixin' to get traded in for an Android of some kind one of these days.
              Randy
              Freaktab Developer, Product Reviewer, Moderator and "Flashaholic".
              Read my BIO Here
              Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
              Donate here

Comment

Originally posted by andbroe View Post
                .......... The sound volume is a little low, but I think this is a general problem with this tablet.
                I've installed viper4android fx for the volume problem, (a total control over your sound lol...) it really help.... (Apparently u'll need to root your device to use this apk) its free and u can get it from playstore. Though the speaker get really hot when set to max output volume
                Last edited by elephraim; 08-17-2013, 08:52.

Comment

New proud owner of a Pipo M6 with 3g

Be careful not to blow out your speakers...that happens quite easily.

Randy
                  Randy
                  Freaktab Developer, Product Reviewer, Moderator and "Flashaholic".
                  Read my BIO Here
                  Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
                  Donate here

Comment

Originally posted by rrileypm View Post
                    I use AT&T and I'm quite certain that the frequencies aren't compatible. I have an M5 with 3G, and I've never been able to use the 3G function. I'm afraid that Chinese 3G devices (tablets,anyway) aren't compatible with most US carriers...and if they are will only connect to Edge service...because of the radio frequencies. Now, some of the newer ones may have changed...but I can't confirm that they have changed anything with the 3188 tablets.

I've wanted to try a Chinese smart phone, but 1.) I can't get anyone to confirm that the frequencies are compatible...and 2.) By renewing my contract for another 2 years...I can get a new phone almost cheaper than buying one from China. They all look pretty cool, though. My current iPhone is fixin' to get traded in for an Android of some kind one of these days.
                    I live in Malta, Europe and need to see if these frequencies are compatible as well. Otherwise I'll just buy the m6 without 3g model which should be cheaper..

Comment

I got mine few days back, and the very first test I throw at all my tabs is wireless streaming of 720p. This tab, like many others, failed miserably. Testing the WiFi speed gave unstable and ridiculously low result of around 800kbps average. I am using the few that came with the tab.

Comment

I managed to fix my wifi issue by replacing wifi antenna with tyco one. I get blazing speeds now compared to before.

Comment

Working...
                        X