No announcement yet.

NEXSMART D32 4K UHD Android Media Player Android 5.1 RK3229 1G/8G WIFI LAN KODI

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Flashed stock firmware and ran the update.

The only things listed in the changelog are System Optimization and minor bug fixes.

Nothing specific can be seen after the update, although it does seem a little faster in general operation but connect to PC is not working and there is no HDMI passthrough using the bundled Kodi.
    R-TV BOX S10, Beebox N3150, Chuwi Hibox, Nvidia Shield, A95X Max

Comment

Hmmmm interesting on the not connect to pc. I have tgat on another device too.... Stock works but flash anything else not seen in tool...
      Many devices now mk902ii/Shield/Mk68 /Ugoos/neox5/minix5 (yes they still work lol) mk80 no it doesnt work lol.

Comment

Originally posted by scooter2014 View Post
        Hmmmm interesting on the not connect to pc. I have tgat on another device too.... Stock works but flash anything else not seen in tool...
        Makes me wonder if the people that update these things ever test them.

And somebody called Melvin seems to be responsible for quite a lot of box firmwares.

Comment

I don t receive this update... The last update that i received was LMY49 eng melvin 20170104. 160737.

I can not flash the modded rom of bluesmanuk because stops on prepare idb or download idb. I dont understand maybe the bootloader was blocked???

Some one tested youtube and skype? For me youtube is lagging and skype with videocall too.

Last edited by Zebraino; 01-07-2017, 13:44.
          Beelink X2 and Nexsmart D32 for now!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Zebraino View Post
            I don t receive this update... The last update that i received was LMY49 eng melvin 20170104. 160737.

I can not flash the modded rom of bluesmanuk because stops on prepare idb or download idb. I dont understand maybe the bootloader was blocked???

Some one tested youtube and skype? For me youtube is lagging and skype with videocall too.
            Interesting that you should have a different update version.

what tool are you using to flash?

Comment

Originally posted by bluesmanuk

Interesting that you should have a different update version.

what tool are you using to flash?
              RK Batch Tool v1.8 but i tried with android tool and factory tool. Always stops in some point of the inicial process. And already tried with windows 10 and Xp.

Enviado do meu LG-D390n através de Tapatalk

Beelink X2 and Nexsmart D32 for now!!!

Comment

Flashed stock firmware and ran the update.

The only things listed in the changelog are System Optimization and minor bug fixes.

Nothing specific can be seen after the update, although it does seem a little faster in general operation but connect to PC is not working and there is no HDMI passthrough using the bundled Kodi.
                Just received it via OTA. Unable to install it due to a changed install-recovery.sh. This change should have been done by the installation of supersu. Any hints?

Comment

Originally posted by Trashware View Post
                  Just received it via OTA. Unable to install it due to a changed install-recovery.sh. This change should have been done by the installation of supersu. Any hints?
                  Looking at this thread, post 3 may have a generalised answer

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/MOTO-G-MOTO-G-4G-LTE-1st-Gen/System-Update-fails-install-recovery-sh-changed/td-p/2958883

Failing that it might be a case of flash stock again and immediately apply the update.

Comment

Looking at this thread, post 3 may have a generalised answer

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/MOTO-G-MOTO-G-4G-LTE-1st-Gen/System-Update-fails-install-recovery-sh-changed/td-p/2958883

Failing that it might be a case of flash stock again and immediately apply the update.
                    I really do not understand these Chinese guys. They deliver a rooted box... However, thanks for your helpful reply.
                    I am new to this forum... Is there a reliable custom rom available?

Comment

I really do not understand these Chinese guys. They deliver a rooted box... However, thanks for your helpful reply.
                      I am new to this forum... Is there a reliable custom rom available?
                      The only modded one that I am aware of is this one. Less custom and more of a basic mod. The key to more stability is in keeping background process from clogging up the limited memory.

Beware of the creator though.

http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-support/rockchip-based-tv-players/rk3229-devices/firmware-roms-tools-bg/615442-nexsmart-d32-modded-firmware-will-also-work-on-dolamee-d5

Comment

Thank you. Looks interesting. Is there any concern about the restore of app settings via Titanium?

Comment

Thank you. Looks interesting. Is there any concern about the restore of app settings via Titanium?
                          I use Titanium to restore apps, although I rarely backup settings, just the plain apps.

I can't think of anything specific but from my past experience, when it comes to system apps, there can sometimes be issues where there are differing app versions that can affect the general performance of a firmware but for user apps I can't think of any specific issues that may occur.

Comment

Okay. I'll try it out in the next weeks and keep you informed.

Comment

I look forward to hearing your feedback.

Comment

I look forward to hearing your feedback.
                                I'll do. I used to flash my boxes or phones via connected PC. Can this be managed in the same way?

Comment

Working...
                                X