NEXSMART D32 4K UHD Android Media Player Android 5.1 RK3229 1G/8G WIFI LAN KODI

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Trashware View Post
    I'll do. I used to flash my boxes or phones via connected PC. Can this be managed in the same way?
    Yes, you use the android tool to flash the firmware using a Male A to Male A USB cable connected between the PC and OTG port on the box.

Here is a link to the tool and driver.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/h98fuo2ddvy1xhg/AndroidTool_Release_v2.33.zip?dl=0
    R-TV BOX S10, Beebox N3150, Chuwi Hibox, Nvidia Shield, A95X Max

Comment

Originally posted by bluesmanuk

Yes, you use the android tool to flash the firmware using a Male A to Male A USB cable connected between the PC and OTG port on the box.

Here is a link to the tool and driver.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/h98fuo2ddvy1xhg/AndroidTool_Release_v2.33.zip?dl=0
      Thank you!

Comment

bluesmanuk

Can you explain me the procedure that you used to flash yours firmware? do you plug in the power suply when you connect to the PC?
        I will buy another usb cable... maybe is for this. I will try too with your tools.

With your modded firmware do you have some issue with youtube? And you tried the skype videocalls?

Thanks for your help
        Last edited by Zebraino; 01-09-2017, 10:20.
        Beelink X2 and Nexsmart D32 for now!!!

Comment

guys, I'm new here. Hope you can give me some help.
          I received this TV box a few days ago, and for the price it looks great. But i'm experiencing some problems that I hope you can help me solve or see if it's just a bad unit (i dont think so).
          Using android works great, no complains what so ever, but in kodi i'm experiencing sound issues, like some "hiccups", very frequently while streaming.
          I read post #4 where was mentioned that the latest librkffplayer.so and libffmpeg.so files are missing in system/lib, which does initially result in the occasional audio clipping. Could this be the problem?
          How can I add those files to the system, and where do I find them?

I removed kodi that came with the box and installed the latest version from the play store.

Comment

Originally posted by vasili
            guys, I'm new here. Hope you can give me some help.
            I received this TV box a few days ago, and for the price it looks great. But i'm experiencing some problems that I hope you can help me solve or see if it's just a bad unit (i dont think so).
            Using android works great, no complains what so ever, but in kodi i'm experiencing sound issues, like some "hiccups", very frequently while streaming.
            I read post #4 where was mentioned that the latest librkffplayer.so and libffmpeg.so files are missing in system/lib, which does initially result in the occasional audio clipping. Could this be the problem?
            How can I add those files to the system, and where do I find them?

I removed kodi that came with the box and installed the latest version from the play store.
            Did you update the firmware OTA? Latest version seems to be 2017-1-7.

Comment

i have the same issues with kodi and youtube.

The lastest version from OTA that mine received is from 2017-01-04 and the problems are the same.

Comment

I don't have this issue. My firmware is dated November prior year.
                The only issue I am aware is the WiFi sensibility. You should adjust the position of the box. The range here is less than 1 MB in the worst position and 10 MB in the best.

Comment

As soon as the setup was finished on first boot an update popped immediately.
                  I ran the update, and already made a factory reset but the problem remains.
                  This happens only on Kodi.
                  I have been reading the forums for a while and found several versions optimized for rockship devices. Instaling one of those could solve the issues?

Comment

Originally posted by Trashware View Post
                    I don't have this issue. My firmware is dated November prior year.
                    The only issue I am aware is the WiFi sensibility. You should adjust the position of the box. The range here is less than 1 MB in the worst position and 10 MB in the best.
                    well the updates are making the box worst...

Comment

Originally posted by vasili View Post
                      As soon as the setup was finished on first boot an update popped immediately.
                      I ran the update, and already made a factory reset but the problem remains.
                      This happens only on Kodi.
                      I have been reading the forums for a while and found several versions optimized for rockship devices. Instaling one of those could solve the issues?
                      Youtube have not this issue?

I tried FTMC with Rockchip Acceleration and the issue is the same.

Try to make a thread in Nexsmart Oficial Forum to reinforce the issue with the developers.

tvboxforum.com ist die beste Quelle für alle Informationen die Sie suchen. Von allgemeinen Themen bis hin zu speziellen Sachverhalten, finden Sie auf tvboxforum.com alles. Wir hoffen, dass Sie hier das Gesuchte finden!

Comment

Originally posted by Zebraino View Post

Try to make a thread in Nexsmart Oficial Forum to reinforce the issue with the developers.

FTMC & library files won't solve the audio problem.
                        You also need the latest firmware and correct audio patches for everything to work properly in especially Kodi/RKMC with RKCodec.
                        You will see Netflix audio is also out of sync.
                        I'm not sure why ota updates are released if it doesn't fix anything.
                        Other rk3229's already run Marshmallow and Android TV with no sound problems.
                        The best way will be for everyone to report the problem and complain in Nexbox's forum, maybe they will then try to do something to fix it.

Comment

tvboxforum.com ist die beste Quelle für alle Informationen die Sie suchen. Von allgemeinen Themen bis hin zu speziellen Sachverhalten, finden Sie auf tvboxforum.com alles. Wir hoffen, dass Sie hier das Gesuchte finden!

I haven't noticed the problem in youtube, but only tested it for a while to see if was working. I will test it later and give feedback.

Comment

bluesmanuk

Can you explain me the procedure that you used to flash yours firmware? do you plug in the power suply when you connect to the PC?
                            I will buy another usb cable... maybe is for this. I will try too with your tools.

With your modded firmware do you have some issue with youtube? And you tried the skype videocalls?

Thanks for your help
                            The general procedure is to install the driver and Android tool.

Fire up the tool and load the firmware from the Upgrade Firmware tab.

You don't need AC power at this stage as enough juice will be delivered from your PC.

Using a toothpick or something similar and insert it into the rear AV port and whilst the reset switch is pressed in, plug the USB cable into the port nearest the back of the box (the other end should already be plugged into your PC at this point, USB2 port preferable to USB 3). Release the toothpick from the reset button after a couple of seconds.

The status of the Android tool should go from no devices found to indicate that it can be seen.

Select the EraseFlash option in the tool and wait for it to be complete.

Then select the Upgrade option and wait for the process to complete.

Whilst it is updating you can plug the AC adapter in of you want.

The box will reboot and start the process of completing it's installation during which point you will be asked if Google can check for harmful apps, which you should agree to, or else it will come up with the prompt every time that it installs one of the apps in the background.

Youtube works fine for me and I never use Skype.

Before you do flash any custom firmware though, test out the box thoroughly first to see whether you are happy with it.

Use the if it ain't broke don't fix it rule to guide you.
                            Last edited by bluesmanuk; 01-09-2017, 21:33.

Comment

With regards to audio clipping, how you optimise our system resources will make a difference to many things.

Make sure that you use ethernet if possible as it is always going to be far better than WiFi.

Youtube from within Kodi is always my own preferred option with any box and whilst limited to 720p, seeing the difference between 720p and 1080p is no realistically negligible that it's really not worth the effort in using 1080p, where you are more likely to get frame dropping and skipping.

Comment

Just to confirm the audio issues in youtube as well.

Comment

Working...
                                X