Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have been running Wasser 4.0.10 for a week now without rebooting and it still performs great! I have a weather widget on the desktop that shows the current temperature. This is the first time this weather widget has ever continued to work for more than a few hours. I imagine the weather app would stop working in the background due to memory issues. So this looks like the holy grail of these TV boxes. The slightly slower SD cards that I tried had the same buggy memory problems that the built in memory has. I would think that all rom developers would want to start building their roms this way and providing an image since this seems to be the only way to enjoy a great experience with these TV boxes.
    Tronsmart R28 PRO with wasser-2.0.7-beelink-r89-rk3288 ROM and MX Player

Comment

Originally posted by amclean123 View Post
      I have been running Wasser 4.0.10 for a week now without rebooting and it still performs great! I have a weather widget on the desktop that shows the current temperature. This is the first time this weather widget has ever continued to work for more than a few hours. I imagine the weather app would stop working in the background due to memory issues. So this looks like the holy grail of these TV boxes. The slightly slower SD cards that I tried had the same buggy memory problems that the built in memory has. I would think that all rom developers would want to start building their roms this way and providing an image since this seems to be the only way to enjoy a great experience with these TV boxes.
      Thanks for the confirmation on here, it is nice to have some feed back. Ive had a few nay sayers about this but i would rather loose a few thousand points on antutu and have the smoothest android experience Ive had on any of my many android devices. To be honest someone compare my antutu scores individually with theirs thats using internal storage and lets see the difference maybe read write speeds are half what the internal memory can handle but its fluid. In my opinion if you are blighted with stutters on your device you have 2 options 1. solder a new emmc on the pcb or 2. go the QUALITY sd card rom route. This is the second beelink device ive done this on but i only picked up on the sd card quality after using my odroid c2 that always ran smooth but i saw massive speed increases with better sdcards (it only runs from sdslot). So i did the same as i did on the MK908II (rk3188) and the experience is fantastic (shame about drm issues but hey). Now I was trying the USB solution to run from but my box is dead (nothing to do with the running method) but i can tell you usb reads at 10MBs faster than sdcard so more room for improvement and massive cheap storage. Just wish I had a running unit I do miss that box now. I would say anyone that runs of sd or usb will have a better experience if they can ignore antutu scores. One thing it vastly improved 3d fps on antutu due to the nature of android. As a comparison would you rather have a car that can do 180mph but keeps stopping for 5 secs as it keeps accelerating or a car that does 160mph but accelerates without keep stopping.

dam wish my box was ok!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by LawlessPPC View Post

Thanks for the confirmation on here, it is nice to have some feed back. Ive had a few nay sayers about this but i would rather loose a few thousand points on antutu and have the smoothest android experience Ive had on any of my many android devices. To be honest someone compare my antutu scores individually with theirs thats using internal storage and lets see the difference maybe read write speeds are half what the internal memory can handle but its fluid. In my opinion if you are blighted with stutters on your device you have 2 options 1. solder a new emmc on the pcb or 2. go the QUALITY sd card rom route. This is the second beelink device ive done this on but i only picked up on the sd card quality after using my odroid c2 that always ran smooth but i saw massive speed increases with better sdcards (it only runs from sdslot). So i did the same as i did on the MK908II (rk3188) and the experience is fantastic (shame about drm issues but hey). Now I was trying the USB solution to run from but my box is dead (nothing to do with the running method) but i can tell you usb reads at 10MBs faster than sdcard so more room for improvement and massive cheap storage. Just wish I had a running unit I do miss that box now. I would say anyone that runs of sd or usb will have a better experience if they can ignore antutu scores. One thing it vastly improved 3d fps on antutu due to the nature of android. As a comparison would you rather have a car that can do 180mph but keeps stopping for 5 secs as it keeps accelerating or a car that does 160mph but accelerates without keep stopping.

dam wish my box was ok!!!!!
        Yeah that sucks that your Android box died. I've found some R89's on e-b-a-y for $50. The Sandisk Extreme Plus work great to run the entire wasser rom. I have 4 Android boxes running them and none of them have had any issues. I'll keep making the rom images and posting them here as wasser keeps making the new rom updates for the r89.
        Last edited by amclean123; 12-04-2016, 05:59.

Comment

I'll keep making the rom images and posting them here as wasser keeps making the new rom updates for the r89.
          You have an image for 4.0.11?

Comment

Originally posted by ropo View Post

You have an image for 4.0.11?
            Here is the Wasser 4.0.11 image file. You'll need 7zip to unzip it. It was built using a Sandisk Extreme Plus 16GB chip. You can use MiniTool Partition to change the partition size to 32GB or bigger if you need to. I've noticed that slower SD chips work just as bad as the existing memory in the R89. This image works on both Tronsmart and Beelink. I've tried it on both. You'll need HDD Raw Copy. Sometimes I have to try twice to get it to write the image to my SD card.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/m80w4wds6...alReQnLca?dl=0
            Last edited by amclean123; 12-05-2016, 04:27.

Comment

Originally posted by amclean123
              Here is the Wasser 4.0.11 image file. You'll need 7zip to unzip it. It was built using a Sandisk Extreme Plus 16GB chip. You can use MiniTool Partition to change the partition size to 32GB or bigger if you need to. I've noticed that slower SD chips work just as bad as the existing memory in the R89. This image works on both Tronsmart and Beelink. I've tried it on both. You'll need HDD Raw Copy. Sometimes I have to try twice to get it to write the image to my SD card.

Nice one

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by LawlessPPC View Post

Nice one

Thanks!

Comment

Hello, amclean123. Can you try to create sd-card with other firmware? I will try mo123 and ugoos latest firmware and without success. Ugoos firmware created on sd-card without problems, but not start on box. Mo123 firmware doesnt want to create, because dont included resource.img, Im unpacked firmware,pulled out resource, misc...etc, repacks all....creates again sd-card, and this card not start again Also Im trying connecting to box via hyperterminal(box have two uart port) and usb-uart converter(I am hoping to see booting process), but without success again. Might be are ports not connected to cpu(hardware or software connection level)

Comment

Originally posted by digitalriver View Post

Hello, amclean123. Can you try to create sd-card with other firmware? I will try mo123 and ugoos latest firmware and without success. Ugoos firmware created on sd-card without problems, but not start on box. Mo123 firmware doesnt want to create, because dont included resource.img, Im unpacked firmware,pulled out resource, misc...etc, repacks all....creates again sd-card, and this card not start again Also Im trying connecting to box via hyperterminal(box have two uart port) and usb-uart converter(I am hoping to see booting process), but without success again. Might be are ports not connected to cpu(hardware or software connection level)
                    what's the link to firmware you'd like me to try?

Comment

latest mo123 firmware:
                      _http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-support/rk3288-devices/nagrace-3288-devices/564418-hph-rk3288-lollipop-rom-v1-6-by-mo123?p=613366#post613366

Comment

Ugoos 3.0.7
                        More people on 4pda used ugoos firmware(with wasser kernel&resource) on beelink&tronsmart boxes

Comment

I wonder if your method works to run LibreELEC Kodi Jarvis from a microSDHC card.. I heard LibreELEC Kodi runs better that any other OS out there..
                          -Chromecast with Google TV
                          - Android Q Android 10

Comment

Originally posted by el_easy View Post
                            I wonder if your method works to run LibreELEC Kodi Jarvis from a microSDHC card.. I heard LibreELEC Kodi runs better that any other OS out there..
                            RKMC works really well with 5.1 SPDIF passthrough. The only minor issue is that interlaced shows don't look perfect but I've read that's because Rockchip won't open the code. There isn't anything awful about interlaced video and RKMC. There are some pretty good deinterlacing options.

Comment

Originally posted by digitalriver View Post

Thanks for the links. It's going take me a few weeks to work on these. I tried to make a Wasser 3.x ROM and that didn't work. It got stuck in a loop. No luck.

Comment

Originally posted by amclean123

Thanks for the links. It's going take me a few weeks to work on these. I tried to make a Wasser 3.x ROM and that didn't work. It got stuck in a loop. No luck.
                                If you need some pointers let me know

Comment

Working...
                                X