No announcement yet.

MXIII - G II TV Box Amlogic S912 Octa-core

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I received this box a couple of days ago and it seems great, but I have the unfortunate luck to get the quite usual green/pink tint every one in a while. Stays that way for a couple of minutes and then gets back to normal... but then tints again later. I've been reading about this issue and it seems that a lot of tv boxes have the same issue when paired with an older tv, which in my case is the Sony Bravia KDL-32EX302 (http://www.sony.co.uk/support/en/product/KDL-32EX302).

There is no "force RGB" option under display options in this firmware. Any pointers on how to fix this issue?

Comment

Originally posted by diagobe View Post
      I received this box a couple of days ago and it seems great, but I have the unfortunate luck to get the quite usual green/pink tint every one in a while. Stays that way for a couple of minutes and then gets back to normal... but then tints again later. I've been reading about this issue and it seems that a lot of tv boxes have the same issue when paired with an older tv, which in my case is the Sony Bravia KDL-32EX302 (http://www.sony.co.uk/support/en/product/KDL-32EX302).

There is no "force RGB" option under display options in this firmware. Any pointers on how to fix this issue?
      Your best bet is to install the firmware from here

http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-support/amlogic-based-tv-players/s912/others-aml-s912/firmware-roms-tools-by/611261-rom-beelink-gt1-alfawise-s92-superceleron-v8b-rom

Then flash the Superceleron kernel from this thread.

http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-support/amlogic-based-tv-players/s912/others-aml-s912/firmware-roms-tools-by/613032-a912-mod-of-super-celeron-firmware/page6

There is an RGB fix option in the firmware that should fix your problem.
      R-TV BOX S10, Beebox N3150, Chuwi Hibox, Nvidia Shield, A95X Max

Comment

Hey, just a question, so the WiFi is working with that ROM? Unfortunately I am relying on that.

Comment

Originally posted by marty6543 View Post
          Hey, just a question, so the WiFi is working with that ROM? Unfortunately I am relying on that.
          Yes, once you install the kernel on top, then WiFi and Bluetooth work.

Comment

Thanks bluesmanuk and sorry for the layman's questions below. Considering that this is my first time flashing an Android TV Box, i just want to confirm few things before i do anything stupid
            • Steps to follow and files to flash/install:
            1. Install the latest Beelink GT1 / Alfawise S92 Superceleron V8B Rom (http://freak-tab.de/luis/Beelink/SCV8B-GT1.zip) following the steps you explained in this post.
            2. Flash (via recovery) this SC kernel http://freak-tab.de/luis/Beelink/gt1-kernel-6255.zip ?
            • Any chance this might brick the box (being that this rom is for Beelink GT1 / Alfawise S92)?
            • If anything goes wrong, i should be able to revert back to the original rom posted here by gearbest?
            Last edited by diagobe; 02-20-2017, 02:15. Reason: typo

Comment

Thanks bluesmanuk and sorry for the layman's questions below. Considering that this is my first time flashing an Android TV Box, i just want to confirm few things before i do anything stupid
              • Steps to follow and files to flash/install:
              1. Install the latest Beelink GT1 / Alfawise S92 Superceleron V8B Rom (http://freak-tab.de/luis/Beelink/SCV8B-GT1.zip) following the steps you explained in this post.
              2. Flash (via recovery) this SC kernel http://freak-tab.de/luis/Beelink/gt1-kernel-6255.zip ?
              • Any chance this might brick the box (being that this rom is for Beelink GT1 / Alfawise S92)?
              • If anything goes wrong, i should be able to revert back to the original rom posted here by gearbest?
              Yes that is pretty much it and I've done it myself, so very little risk in bricking the box and you can switch back and forth between firmwares as needed, although you won't because this is the best solution out there by a country mile at the moment.

Comment

Awesome, thanks. I'll report back.

Comment

Just finished installing supercelerons rom and kernel. Looking good except the wifi and bluetooth dont work. Any suggestions?

Comment

Just finished installing supercelerons rom and kernel. Looking good except the wifi and bluetooth dont work. Any suggestions?
                    Reboot the box and see if it then works.

I wonder something.else though.

It is not uncommon for manufacturers to switch WiFi chipsets part way through the life of a device without saying so and I wonder whether they may have switched to the same 9377 chipset in the GT1 that would therefore not require the kernel.

So it might be worth flashing the firmware again to see if WiFi works straight away.

Comment

I did triy right after flashing the rom, WiFi and BT did not work. But i'm gonna give it another go.

Comment

Any custom ROM functional for the MXIII-G II?

Comment

I did triy right after flashing the rom, WiFi and BT did not work. But i'm gonna give it another go.
                          Nope, just did a fresh install of the SC rom, wifi does not work on first boot, nor after restart. I then flashed the kernel, but still no luck. Something else i can try?

okhulto The one mentioned above is functional, if you can live without WiFi and BT. Or if you're lucky, they might work.

Comment

Nope, just did a fresh install of the SC rom, wifi does not work on first boot, nor after restart. I then flashed the kernel, but still no luck. Something else i can try?

okhulto The one mentioned above is functional, if you can live without WiFi and BT. Or if you're lucky, they might work.
                            If the kernel flashed successfully via TWRP then it should enable the features, so can't think of anything else to try as it worked perfectly for me.

Comment

Thanks nevertheless. I'll post in the SC ROM thread since that thread is more active, maybe someone has something else in mind.

Snappy box btw, i paired it with a synology nas serving files via Emby & Emby 4 Kodi and its behaving great. Im yet to try steam streaming with this rom. The original rom had major lag issues.

Comment

Thanks nevertheless. I'll post in the SC ROM thread since that thread is more active, maybe someone has something else in mind.

Snappy box btw, i paired it with a synology nas serving files via Emby & Emby 4 Kodi and its behaving great. Im yet to try steam streaming with this rom. The original rom had major lag issues.
                                Keep the questions and comments in this thread as the other one is for the 9377 devices and therefore not relevant to it.

I'm sure that others will see this thread and comment as appropriate.

Comment

Working...
                                X