Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[ROM] XannyTech Custom Mod Rom + TWRP Recovey built-in - for MINIM8SII and other devices see first post.

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fluoir
    replied
    Originally posted by Xannytech View Post

Oh.......
    Ok open a command prompt in the same directory of platform tools then type:
    adb connect IPOFYOURDEVICE (i mean 192.168. etc etc.) so a command for example should be " adb connect 192.168.1.95 " you should note the ip of your device.

Adb cannot connect to your device if you don't specify where your device is.
    Thanks. yes I know what did you mean by IPOFYOURDEVICE

So I am getting this in cmd:
    C:\Users\F\Desktop\platform-tools>adb connect 192.168.100.42
    connected to 192.168.100.42:5555
    C:\Users\F\Desktop\platform-tools>adb shell logcat > fluoirlogcat.txt
    error: device unauthorized.
    This adb server's $ADB_VENDOR_KEYS is not set
    Try 'adb kill-server' if that seems wrong.
    Otherwise check for a confirmation dialog on your device.

I am getting same "unauthorized" status in Vysor's GUI. Normally there is device's name like "Nexus Player" insted of "Unauthorized" . So It can't detect my device.
    And LOGCAT.txt stays empty because it never connected. System UI crashed immediately after I clicked "View" in Vysor on PC.
    You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.

Leave a comment:

• Xannytech
    replied
    Originally posted by fluoir View Post

I have already platform tools downloaded. Just don't understand where to type "adb connect IPOFYOURDEVICE" from your steps above? Can you clarify please ? there is adb application but it won't open in command prompt it closes right after running
    Oh.......
    Ok open a command prompt in the same directory of platform tools then type:
    adb connect IPOFYOURDEVICE (i mean 192.168. etc etc.) so a command for example should be " adb connect 192.168.1.95 " you should note the ip of your device.

Adb cannot connect to your device if you don't specify where your device is.

Leave a comment:

• fluoir
    replied

fluoir... i asked for a LOGCAT not for the LOGCAT program...
    Ok.. i'll try to explain myself instead of Google :
    - install Android Platform tools on your computer;
    - go to the directory where you decompressed the file you downloaded (i'm talking about platform tool not any file you downmloaded);
    - type: adb connect IPOFYOURDEVICE (you have to know your device ip do not type IPOFYOURDEVICE);
    - type adb shell logcat > fluoirlogcat.txt
    - meanwhile launch your Vysor app and let the system ui crash
    - then send me the .txt file... just chet it before...just in case.

All this with a fresh installed copy of my rom... i can recognize user "modified" one...
    If you're able to do that... probably i can understand what is happening; though if it crashes also on other Android Tv firmware probably that program cannot run on Android Tv.
    Why Andorid TV it's another kind of O.S. it's not standard Androiud with a different launcher, app not designed specifically for Android Tv O.S. could not work.

I have already platform tools downloaded. Just don't understand where to type "adb connect IPOFYOURDEVICE" from your steps above? Can you clarify please ? there is adb application but it won't open in command prompt it closes right after running

Leave a comment:

• ssarava9
    replied

So I made a little unorthodox test. I copied stock nexus SystemUI.apk and pasted it into XTMOD 3.0 rom. Result is the same bug - When I request USB debugging from Vysor computer app same message shows on android "SystemUI has stopped" ("allow USB debugging" should show on android). So by my logic there is a problem with SystemUI.apk not being somehow compatible with usb debugging or with Vysor. What do you think? SystemUI also crashes when I try to do this with Magendanz's Android tv rom.

LOGCAT in attachment, please have a look

Otherwise I love your rom Xannytech Many thanks.

MEGA provides free cloud storage with convenient and powerful always-on privacy. Claim your free 20GB now

Xanny latest Rom for Nexbox A95x 2gb/16gb with nexbox boot loader , this may also work for nexbox 1gb/8gb

Leave a comment:

• ssarava9
    replied

Yes could be useful then i can write note post referring to your messages here on the thread on first page.
    About logo distorted it's because my Rom uses 24bit Bitmap but Nexbox bootloader uses 16Bit Bitmap Logo. (i'm not referring to you but because someone was mentioning that).
    Anyway probably this repacking works just on some Nexbox models not on all, there are, i suppose, 30 different motherboards with the same name or Nexbox derivates because is the cheapest motherboard for the manufacturers.
    MEGA provides free cloud storage with convenient and powerful always-on privacy. Claim your free 20GB now

Xanny latest Rom for Nexbox A95x 2gb/16gb with nexbox boot loader , this may also work for nexbox 1gb/8gb

Leave a comment:

• Xannytech
    replied
    Originally posted by ssarava9 View Post

I will be sharing the image files for nexbox boot loader for both Xanny rom V3 and also Xanny Android tv shortly, you can just flash it using the burning tool
    Yes could be useful then i can write note post referring to your messages here on the thread on first page.
    About logo distorted it's because my Rom uses 24bit Bitmap but Nexbox bootloader uses 16Bit Bitmap Logo. (i'm not referring to you but because someone was mentioning that).
    Anyway probably this repacking works just on some Nexbox models not on all, there are, i suppose, 30 different motherboards with the same name or Nexbox derivates because is the cheapest motherboard for the manufacturers.

Leave a comment:

• Xannytech
    replied

So I made a little unorthodox test. I copied stock nexus SystemUI.apk and pasted it into XTMOD 3.0 rom. Result is the same bug - When I request USB debugging from Vysor computer app same message shows on android "SystemUI has stopped" ("allow USB debugging" should show on android). So by my logic there is a problem with SystemUI.apk not being somehow compatible with usb debugging or with Vysor. What do you think? SystemUI also crashes when I try to do this with Magendanz's Android tv rom.

fluoir... i asked for a LOGCAT not for the LOGCAT program...
    Ok.. i'll try to explain myself instead of Google :
    - install Android Platform tools on your computer;
    - go to the directory where you decompressed the file you downloaded (i'm talking about platform tool not any file you downmloaded);
    - type: adb connect IPOFYOURDEVICE (you have to know your device ip do not type IPOFYOURDEVICE);
    - type adb shell logcat > fluoirlogcat.txt
    - meanwhile launch your Vysor app and let the system ui crash
    - then send me the .txt file... just chet it before...just in case.

All this with a fresh installed copy of my rom... i can recognize user "modified" one...
    If you're able to do that... probably i can understand what is happening; though if it crashes also on other Android Tv firmware probably that program cannot run on Android Tv.
    Why Andorid TV it's another kind of O.S. it's not standard Androiud with a different launcher, app not designed specifically for Android Tv O.S. could not work.

Leave a comment:

• fluoir
    replied

OK thanks, i'll check the frameworks before the final release, about Vysor app i need a LOGCAT

If you add programs not suited to work on Android TV they normally will not work. It's Android Tv it's not my rom with a different launcher is totally different.

Decompile and recompile my rom through customization tool aside just decompile level 1 to change bootloader, could cause some problem, because the recovery and because it's compiled in a different way than stock amlogic firmware.

About power off itself it's just that you've to set the sleep thorugh settings.

And about the final comment yes i know i will create another thread i just replied to a user that was asking for my Android Tv beta, i never intended to open a test session here

Otherwise I love your rom Xannytech Many thanks.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by fluoir; 10-23-2017, 14:46.

Leave a comment:

• ssarava9
    replied

Thanks a lot for your contribution. i'd like to suggest you to decompile just level1 next time, not the whole rom. It's safer.
    Thanks, yes i meant only level 1 in my first point, may be should be more clearer :-)

Leave a comment:

• ssarava9
    replied

A lots of quotes

Thank you guys for help and looking into this. I am trying your suggestions.
    I am currently experiencing the same problem as manvel above.
    I will be sharing the image files for nexbox boot loader for both Xanny rom V3 and also Xanny Android tv shortly, you can just flash it using the burning tool

Leave a comment:

• fluoir
    replied

OK thanks, i'll check the frameworks before the final release, about Vysor app i need a LOGCAT

If you add programs not suited to work on Android TV they normally will not work. It's Android Tv it's not my rom with a different launcher is totally different.

Decompile and recompile my rom through customization tool aside just decompile level 1 to change bootloader, could cause some problem, because the recovery and because it's compiled in a different way than stock amlogic firmware.

And about the final comment yes i know i will create another thread i just replied to a user that was asking for my Android Tv beta, i never intended to open a test session here

follow my write up after your message to load the nexbox boot files so that you can turn on the box with stock remote
    I agree that systemui has stopped message appearing two time for the first time when you power on but no issues after that, i get clean working rom

Originally posted by manvel View Post

I have tested this orescription (actually it is usual way to replace uboot and bootloader) but unfortunately it is not working for my nexbox A95X 2/16.
    I tried with usual Xannytech rom 3 and with ATV betha 3 : in both cases if I do not teplace logo partition then I have some deformed boot logo and then system boot to recovery (TWRP), then that is all, I tried to make factory reset and boot again but got only TWRP. Then I replaced logo partition also with stock one and got not deformed logo boot but then system goes in recovery again. What I am doing wrong???
    I did it before with roms for s96 and GT1 and it works or in worst case I had deformed logo, but system boots properly...???
    A lots of quotes

Thank you guys for help and looking into this. I am trying your suggestions.
    I am currently experiencing the same problem as manvel above.

Leave a comment:

• manvel
    replied

Thanks a lot for your contribution. i'd like to suggest you to decompile just level1 next time, not the whole rom. It's safer.
    I have tested this orescription (actually it is usual way to replace uboot and bootloader) but unfortunately it is not working for my nexbox A95X 2/16.
    I tried with usual Xannytech rom 3 and with ATV betha 3 : in both cases if I do not teplace logo partition then I have some deformed boot logo and then system boot to recovery (TWRP), then that is all, I tried to make factory reset and boot again but got only TWRP. Then I replaced logo partition also with stock one and got not deformed logo boot but then system goes in recovery again. What I am doing wrong???
    I did it before with roms for s96 and GT1 and it works or in worst case I had deformed logo, but system boots properly...???

Leave a comment:

• Xannytech
    replied

Sure, followed the below steps :

1. Use Amlogic Customization tool v2.0.8 and load Nexbox stock rom, for nexbox a95x 2gb/16gb refer this links "http://www.ismallrt.com/nexbox-a95xs905x-firmware-guides/" , when opening the tool will ask the options to unpack, select Level low (unpack first image level) and select all options under it
    2. After unpacking success, go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Amlogic\CustomizationTool\tmp\level1 and copy "bootloader.partition" , "ddr.ush" and "uboot.usb" into a different folder where you can go back later
    3. Now using amlogic customization tool load the Xanny awesome firmware and repeat step 1
    4. Now copy the nexbox 3 boot files where you saved in step 2 and go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Amlogic\CustomizationTool\tmp\level1 and paste them
    5. copy and replace all 3 files
    6. Now return to tool and select Pack, now it will ask for the new image file name, give a different file name and folder where you want to save the image with new nexbox bootloader
    7. Use Amlogic usb burning tool and flash it to the box, you are all set

Note: if you want to copy the stock remote configuration files please do that before the above steps, to copy stock remote file to your usb drive, go to Root browser and under etc folder select remote.confg copy and save it for future reference in a different drive
    After flashing the custom rom, go to your usb drive copy the remote.config file and paste it to etc folder

Thats all, you are all set, let me know for any questions.

Leave a comment:

• Xannytech
    replied

Thank you.
    So I tried it on my Nexbox A95x and I would like to share details of bugs I have come across.
    1. I like to use Vysor app for controlling box via LAN with laptop keyboard and when I tried to connect I got message "SystemUI has stopped" and it crashes (dev. options and debugging were on - It works on your XTMOD 3.0).
    2. Right after initial setup I get message "Unfortunately Android TV remote Services has stopped"
    3. I have used AML Cusom. tool to add few more apps into apk.zip in /media folder - like eg. my VPN app and Titanium Backup and others. My VPN app got installed but others like Titanium did not.
    (all added apps were able to install on XTMOD 3.0 rom though)
    4. When I Power off box with IR remote I can not wake up the box (nexbox remote.conf copied properly). It also doesn't work on XTMOD 3.0 but I remember waking up worked in XTMOD 2.6 beta.
    5. After few minutes of inactivity box powers off. That wouldn't be the problem itself but I can't wake it up with remote. If I remember correctly there should be power on button setting somewhere in settings but I either can't remember where or it is missing.
    That is it so far...
    Also ...just a suggestion...could you make a separate thread for this android tv rom with details what you have changed like you are doing with XTMOD rom?

Leave a comment:

• ssarava9
    replied

Thank you.
    So I tried it on my Nexbox A95x and I would like to share details of bugs I have come across.
    1. I like to use Vysor app for controlling box via LAN with laptop keyboard and when I tried to connect I got message "SystemUI has stopped" and it crashes (dev. options and debugging were on - It works on your XTMOD 3.0).
    2. Right after initial setup I get message "Unfortunately Android TV remote Services has stopped"
    3. I have used AML Cusom. tool to add few more apps into apk.zip in /media folder - like eg. my VPN app and Titanium Backup and others. My VPN app got installed but others like Titanium did not.
    (all added apps were able to install on XTMOD 3.0 rom though)
    4. When I Power off box with IR remote I can not wake up the box (nexbox remote.conf copied properly). It also doesn't work on XTMOD 3.0 but I remember waking up worked in XTMOD 2.6 beta.
    5. After few minutes of inactivity box powers off. That wouldn't be the problem itself but I can't wake it up with remote. If I remember correctly there should be power on button setting somewhere in settings but I either can't remember where or it is missing.
    That is it so far...
    Also ...just a suggestion...could you make a separate thread for this android tv rom with details what you have changed like you are doing with XTMOD rom?
    follow my write up after your message to load the nexbox boot files so that you can turn on the box with stock remote
    I agree that systemui has stopped message appearing two time for the first time when you power on but no issues after that, i get clean working rom

Leave a comment:

Working...
X