Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Z28 Android 7.1 RK3328 4K HDR TV BOX 1/8 or 2/16GB ROM WIFI LAN USB3.0 KODI H.265 DLNA Miracast"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not tried or tested as yet not fan (SD)
    Will have a look now that you mentioned.
    treboR
    Please consider
    Donating to Freaktab

Comment

Originally posted by griser View Post
      It's a pitty that device able to play 4k video but has hd (1280x720) internal resolution
      Hi guys, I just got this box recently and it really sucks. Is this the reason I can't play Youtube videos at any greater resolution than 720p?! I purposely bought this one because I figured the newer boxes would allow me to play Youtube at higher res than my old box and now I found that it can't. Not only that it can't even see my 5ghz network. I don't suppose this is fixable with firmware updates huh?

Comment

YouTube playback up to 4K can be enabled by adding "sys.display-size=3840x2160" to the build,prop. You just need to root the box first.

Comment

Originally posted by Magendanz View Post
          YouTube playback up to 4K can be enabled by adding "sys.display-size=3840x2160" to the build,prop. You just need to root the box first.
          Good to know thanks! I thought these boxes always came rooted though. Do you have any links to root this box?

Comment

Originally posted by ba-b4 View Post
            I thought these boxes always came rooted though. Do you have any links to root this box?
            I'm working on it. I had high hopes for this EZ Root Tool from Finless, but it's using the wrong OTA cert. Hoping to find the new RockChip testkey.pk8 so that I can re-sign it.

It really doesn't help that ADB is broken and the stock recovery can't access SD cards or USB flash drives. My strategy now is to replace the recovery partition in the burn package using imgRePackerRK, but the latest version is corrupting the OS partitions when I do that.

Comment

I'm working on it. I had high hopes for this EZ Root Tool from Finless, but it's using the wrong OTA cert. Hoping to find the new RockChip testkey.pk8 so that I can re-sign it.

It really doesn't help that ADB is broken and the stock recovery can't access SD cards or USB flash drives. My strategy now is to replace the recovery partition in the burn package using imgRePackerRK, but the latest version is corrupting the OS partitions when I do that.
              I see... Great. Looking forward to hearing about any progress you make on this!

Comment

I managed to enable adb via lan it listens to 5555 port on wifi's ip (just needed to reboot after enabling), also adb via usb cable working - - tried to root by kingo root but failed

Comment

Download this Firmware http://chinagadgetsreviews.com/downl...gat-7-1-2.html. it is already rooted and drm widevine is inside. Flash the pendoo Firmware and then flash from the original z28 firmware the misc and resource file .

Comment

Originally posted by nick2da View Post
                    Download this Firmware http://chinagadgetsreviews.com/downl...gat-7-1-2.html. it is already rooted and drm widevine is inside. Flash the pendoo Firmware and then flash from the original z28 firmware the misc and resource file .
                    Thanks, nick2da, I'll give that a try.

Just FYI, I don't think using imgRePackerRK was actually corrupting the OS partitions. Rather, the problem is more likely with this particular Rockchip bootloader and both versions of TWRP that I tried.

I jumped to the conclusion that the OS partitions (system, boot, etc) were corrupted after flashing the repacked firmware, having it boot directly to recovery, and receiving a "No OS installed! Are you sure you want to reboot?" message from TWRP when trying to reboot to System. Apparently, this bootloader relies on recovery to wipe the user and cache partitions if they're not already formatted (which is a stupid design, creating a single point of failure if the recovery partition gets corrupted). In my case, both TWRP versions I was trying had bad fstabs, so they weren't seeing the other partitions...hence its belief that no OS was installed.

Using AndroidTool v2.1, I was able to write the TWRP image directly to the recovery partition without wiping the user and cache partitions, and in that case the device would continue to boot to the system partition. From there, if I did a factory wipe in Settings, I got into the old TWRP boot loop where I could no longer return to the system partition.

So, I apologize for the misdiagnosis. If I can find a TWRP build that works on this RK3328 device, I should be back in business building Android TV 7.1 for Rockchip.

UPDATE: I was able to make some modifications to AbduL's generic RK33xx TWRP Recovery 3.0.2 to get it working on this unit. It's posted here.
                    Last edited by Guest; 05-19-2017, 23:22.

Comment

Originally posted by trebor View Post
                      Released 21st

http://pan.baidu.com/s/1eSKeZ3k Z28 1+8

http://pan.baidu.com/s/1cH5tb4 Z28 2+16

Newly installed apps to Home Screen Favorites has been fixed
                      hi how do i download the file?? does anyone have a different link please

Comment

Hi,
                        I have a stupid question.
                        But how do you connect box to computer to flash it ?

Thank for your answer

Comment

Originally posted by jmvvvv View Post
                          Hi,
                          I have a stupid question.
                          But how do you connect box to computer to flash it ?

Thank for your answer

You ll need a " USB Male to Male " cable ( I simply solderd to 2 old spare Usb cables together ) and theres a little hole at the bottom of the Z28 Box you need to push that " Reset Switch / Pin/ Button " with a Paperclip .
                          And of course you ll need the " DriverAssitant_v4.4 " and "RKBatchTool-v1.8" .

Comment

Z28 : is there troublefree rooted international (multilanguage) firmware available ?

Comment

No

Comment

Hi,
                                RKMC screenshots say the resolution is 1080p but the official distribution on my box shows 720p.
                                Is RKMC resolution real or the sources have been altered to say 1080 no matter what the real one is?
                                I wonder what is needed to make it 4K for good. The box is advertised as 4K though...
                                Thank you.

Comment

Working...
                                X