Firmware: Android 7.1 stock Android 7.1 ATV for Amlogic 905x, TWRP, ROOT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Firmware: Android 7.1 stock Android 7.1 ATV for Amlogic 905x, TWRP, ROOT

I dont have my t95X any more...so...I cant bring news to this thread....sorry

For a95x users, there is a bug in reset button. (I cant fix it, in my t95x reset button works as it should....)

Android Nougat stock and Android Nougat TV for 905x with TWRP and ROOT (tested on t95x 2/8gb)

Well...I just flash Android 7.1.1 from U2+ device in my T95x 2 gb of ram and 8 gb of rom with the wifi chip realteck 8189.

About 2017-07-30 firmware:

I just flash it...and now I see the NEXUS logo and google bootanimation...so when the system start I see that now we have a full stock android 7.1.1 TV firmware working great for me. So if you want android 7.1.1 on your T95x flash the 2017-05-10 firmware.....but if you want to see Stock Android TV 7.1.1 flash the new firmware.
    I just try to download netflix and the android tv version cant connect to my account...but I just install the phone version and works.

What I did:

-Download the NEW ANDROID TV firmware 2017-07-30 (old firmware 2017-05-10, older firmware 2017-04-18)
    -Extract the file and open de USB burning tool (2.0.8).
    -Load the img in the USB burning tool and press start.
    -If you see a MAC=0 error, you need the licenses and put it in the license folder.
    -Now plug the usb in the pc and and the other end to the T95X.
    -Using a toothpick or something press and hold the reboot button in the A/V and conect the power cable to the t95x.
    -Wait and when the USB buring tool say it ok...push stop and remove the device.
    -Enjoy Android 7.1.1

Install TWRP:

-Download this recovery img and put it in the root of the sdcard.
    -Now with the device off, push and hold the reset button and power on.
    -Wait for the amlogix logo to go off and you can release the reset button.
    -You will se twrp its on.
    -If you want you can install it in the internal memory, using the same twrp img file.
    -Go ti install, choose install image...and select the recovery.img file.
    -Select RECOVERY.
    -Swipe the button and wait for the installation to end.
    -Now you dont need the recovery file in the root of the sdcard.

To root:

-Download last SuperSU.zip file and pu it in the sdcard.
    -Restar to twrp using the reset button metod.
    -Go to install and select the supersu zip.
    -Swipe the button and wait to de installation to end.
    -Reboot and enjoy

What is working for me:

-Wifi and Ethernet
    -Remote control.(works but not like android 6)
    -A/V video
    -HDMI
    -SDcard.
    -Otg and normal Usb.
    -ROOT
    -TWRP (3.1.1-0)

-Everything works great.

Whats not working:
    -Status bar and navbar arnot showing....thats the original firmware fault....I will try to make something about that. CAN BE FIXED REPLACING THE SYSTEMUI.APK (I will upload a tutorial soon)
    -Some apps in Google Store says that the device its not compatible with the app version...I guess when I canif I change the build.prop device nameto some other device maybe more apps are compatible. FIXED IN NEW FIRMWARE
    Last edited by cocolopez; 10-08-2017, 18:13.

I try to edit this rom using the cuztomizationtool...and add super su....but I get errors when I try to repack the img. If someone can help me with the root problem, let me know

Last edited by cocolopez; 06-20-2017, 00:32.

Comment

It's becauae tool needs to be fixed 7 dosent repack right for anyone right now.
      Many devices now mk902ii/Shield/Mk68 /Ugoos/neox5/minix5 (yes they still work lol) mk80 no it doesnt work lol.

Comment

Can anyone re post this chinagadgets sucks failed 3 times so far.
        Many devices now mk902ii/Shield/Mk68 /Ugoos/neox5/minix5 (yes they still work lol) mk80 no it doesnt work lol.

Comment

Originally posted by scooter2014 View Post
          Can anyone re post this chinagadgets sucks failed 3 times so far.
          OK, I did my best.

Comment

It seems that 2G RAM versions dont have any problem with this rom.
            I think that may be because the u2+ uses similiar RAM to 2G T95x.

Mine fails.
            I have 1G Ram version. two PE029-125 F1606 RAM chips (1GB in total) by SpecTek.
            These should be DDR3. Maybe it has something to do with DDR4 or some manufacturer difference.

I would need to search for 2G t95x boards and see which RAM they have.
            Also maybe I need to dig in to modifying the IMG to make it compatible with the 1G version.

Appreciate any help.

Comment

A while ago I played around with a Nougat update myself.
              Same for making 1GB roms.
              I see a few problems with the approach of flashing an IMG meant for a different system:
              Vital parts of the original (installed) ROM will be changed, device tree blob and kernel just to name two.
              In return this means that partition sizes might change as well as how the device boots in general.
              On identical hardware those changes might not be a problem - if the update is a full one and not an incremental.
              But only minor differences in the can cause massive problems.
              IMHO it is best to either get a rom that matches the hardware or to make changes so it does.

Next problem is Nougat itself.
              All roms I found so far make use of the new security features in one way or the other, current tools can't really handle this.
              This makes a re-packed rom basically useless.
              If the old 3.14 kernel is used things might still work out but not with a newer kernel.

We have a lot people tinkering with firmwares but sadly not really anyone being active working on new firmware tools.
              Especially in the Windows department things are on a standstill for ages and not everyone likes to install and learn Linux just to fix a firmware in all manual means.

Comment

I tried to connect my T95X (2g Ram & 8g Rom) to my pc using male to male cable without any luck, is there a driver or something to do to connect?!

Comment

Originally posted by S.W.A.T
                  I tried to connect my T95X (2g Ram & 8g Rom) to my pc using male to male cable without any luck, is there a driver or something to do to connect?!
                  Try another port...the usb burning tool install the driver.

Enviado desde mi HUAWEI RIO-L03 mediante Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by cocolopez View Post

Try another port...the usb burning tool install the driver.

Thanks, I did change the port and everything went well.

I love this rom.

Pros:
                    - very fast OS.
                    - very fast kodi (17.3).

Cons:
                    - The LED keeps go on and off ( after I turn it off).

Comment

Originally posted by S.W.A.T

Thanks, I did change the port and everything went well.

I love this rom.

Pros:
                      - very fast OS.
                      - very fast kodi (17.3).

Cons:
                      - The LED keeps go on and off ( after I turn it off).
                      Great! I found this https://androidpc.es/blog/2017/07/08...-1-29-06-2017/ but I cant install it...there is some problems in de updater-script and I cant find an ota zip for nexbox a95x with updater-script to change things.

Comment

I tried the rom but far from stable i had more then 4 freezes in 1 hour.... one good point mediacodec gives smooth playback

Comment

Originally posted by cocolopez View Post
                          I try to edit this rom using the cuztomizationtool...and add super su....but I get errors when I try to repack the img. If someone can help me with the root problem, let me know
                          Let me ask: what is the error, how to overcome. Thank you
                          Attached Files

Comment

Tool can not repack 7 properly yet needs to be redone for 7.... To many changes in 7 for it be done. Think 7 ends porting because many many changes in device for parts

Comment

Originally posted by EagleEyeXZ
                              I tried the rom but far from stable i had more then 4 freezes in 1 hour.... one good point mediacodec gives smooth playback
                              Wich charger are you using? Did you have a 5v 2amp charger?

Originally posted by khanhsac
                              Let me ask: what is the error, how to overcome. Thank you
                              Read the OP...you need the licenses...I upload it and the link its in the OP.

Comment

Working...
                              X