No announcement yet.

Firmware: Android 7.1 stock Android 7.1 ATV for Amlogic 905x, TWRP, ROOT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It seems you are flashing quite a few roms without actually being sure they work 100% on the box in question.
    Especially after using the burn tool for this job there is little to no way of knowing if the partitions and other vital things are still working as intended...

Comment

Hello,

Yesterday i have flashed my AMlogic 905x with this method and everything went well, but something didn´t work, like Netflix (it have an ui-800-3 error), chromecast didn´t work either, wifi cannot activate....so i have flashed throught sd card method, i dont know if i need licenses or something like that (i dont now either how to put licenses directory with this kind of flash method), so anybody could please tell me how i can proceed to solve this problems?. Or tell me what kind of test do i have to do to have a clue about what is happening?

The room runs smoothly but to be honest without this kind of features it makes no sense to have it.

Thank you in advance!

Comment

Is it posible to get the SystemUI.apk from the android tv version. I got a black screen after installing another SystemUI.apk. Installed one from apkmirror and now its unresponsive and goes to big nexus screensaver or something. I need the SystenUI.apk from android tv version of 7.1 in this post. I lost all recovery and flashing options when i first flashed this rom. but it did work until i tinkered with SystemUI trying to get notification and nav bar. Thanks in advance.

Comment

Yes I will get it for you

Comment

Originally posted by martreal2003 View Post
            Is it posible to get the SystemUI.apk from the android tv version. I got a black screen after installing another SystemUI.apk. Installed one from apkmirror and now its unresponsive and goes to big nexus screensaver or something. I need the SystenUI.apk from android tv version of 7.1 in this post. I lost all recovery and flashing options when i first flashed this rom. but it did work until i tinkered with SystemUI trying to get notification and nav bar. Thanks in advance.
            here you are https://www.dropbox.com/s/d3mnqu6gk6...temUI.zip?dl=0

Comment

Help. This thing is fast and stable. No wifi for me but it was slow anyway. Using usb mini keyboard. I really like the speed. Bypass Android TV Setup wizard?

How do I bypass Android setup wizzard and go straight to home screen? Stuck on welcome screen. Please point me in the correct direction. Thanks!

Last edited by Sponge62; 11-03-2017, 19:38.

Comment

USB keyboard will work to get you passed welcome screen & click on the far right of each box

Comment

It still wants me to enter google email. How do I get past. I do not want to login. I want to skip past.

Comment

Is it possible to skip Sign in to your account?

Comment

iron s905x android 7.1 firmware 20170913

confirmed reset button works!

Comment

Originally posted by cocolopez View Post

-TWRP (3.1.1-0)

Could you send me a link to TWRP 3.1.1 for the S905X please ?

Regards

Comment

Sorry duplicate message: it can be deleted.
                          Last edited by mikhoul; 11-18-2017, 20:51.

Comment

Sorry duplicate message: it can be deleted.
                            Last edited by mikhoul; 11-18-2017, 20:51.

Comment

hi i've install this ROM on the M9C PRO box. Everything working fine except the remot control. Does anyone know how to handle the remote? via remote.conf file? I've heard that since android 7 some ROM not working with remote.conf anymore..

Comment

Originally posted by cocolopez View Post
                                I dont have my t95X any more...so...I cant bring news to this thread....sorry

For a95x users, there is a bug in reset button. (I cant fix it, in my t95x reset button works as it should....)

Android Nougat stock and Android Nougat TV for 905x with TWRP and ROOT (tested on t95x 2/8gb)

Well...I just flash Android 7.1.1 from U2+ device in my T95x 2 gb of ram and 8 gb of rom with the wifi chip realteck 8189.

About 2017-07-30 firmware:

I just flash it...and now I see the NEXUS logo and google bootanimation...so when the system start I see that now we have a full stock android 7.1.1 TV firmware working great for me. So if you want android 7.1.1 on your T95x flash the 2017-05-10 firmware.....but if you want to see Stock Android TV 7.1.1 flash the new firmware.
                                I just try to download netflix and the android tv version cant connect to my account...but I just install the phone version and works.

What I did:

-Download the NEW ANDROID TV firmware 2017-07-30 (old firmware 2017-05-10, older firmware 2017-04-18)
                                -Extract the file and open de USB burning tool (2.0.8).
                                -Load the img in the USB burning tool and press start.
                                -If you see a MAC=0 error, you need the licenses and put it in the license folder.
                                -Now plug the usb in the pc and and the other end to the T95X.
                                -Using a toothpick or something press and hold the reboot button in the A/V and conect the power cable to the t95x.
                                -Wait and when the USB buring tool say it ok...push stop and remove the device.
                                -Enjoy Android 7.1.1

Install TWRP:

-Download this recovery img and put it in the root of the sdcard.
                                -Now with the device off, push and hold the reset button and power on.
                                -Wait for the amlogix logo to go off and you can release the reset button.
                                -You will se twrp its on.
                                -If you want you can install it in the internal memory, using the same twrp img file.
                                -Go ti install, choose install image...and select the recovery.img file.
                                -Select RECOVERY.
                                -Swipe the button and wait for the installation to end.
                                -Now you dont need the recovery file in the root of the sdcard.

To root:

-Download last SuperSU.zip file and pu it in the sdcard.
                                -Restar to twrp using the reset button metod.
                                -Go to install and select the supersu zip.
                                -Swipe the button and wait to de installation to end.
                                -Reboot and enjoy

What is working for me:

-Wifi and Ethernet
                                -Remote control.(works but not like android 6)
                                -A/V video
                                -HDMI
                                -SDcard.
                                -Otg and normal Usb.
                                -ROOT
                                -TWRP (3.1.1-0)

-Everything works great.

Whats not working:
                                -Status bar and navbar arnot showing....thats the original firmware fault....I will try to make something about that. CAN BE FIXED REPLACING THE SYSTEMUI.APK (I will upload a tutorial soon)
                                -Some apps in Google Store says that the device its not compatible with the app version...I guess when I canif I change the build.prop device nameto some other device maybe more apps are compatible. FIXED IN NEW FIRMWARE
                                Hi, i have installed this version on my A95X ( 2G / 8G )but now it are too slow and too hot, how I can back to original rom ?
                                PS.: reset don't work any more.

Comment

Working...
                                X