Tanix TX92 Amlogic S912 CPU Android 7.1 OS 2.4G / 5G WiFi 1000M LAN BT4.1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RASTAVIPER View Post
    There is a root switch in settings, but I have never tried it.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk
    Thank you for your reply.

I already tried that and it didn't help with the apps that don't work with rooted devices, I need another method to hide root or totally unroot.

Comment

Originally posted by samkatta

Thank you for your reply.

I already tried that and it didn't help with the apps that don't work with rooted devices, I need another method to hide root or totally unroot.
      So,.did you make a check with root checker and it still shows that you are rooted?

Comment

Originally posted by RASTAVIPER View Post
        So,.did you make a check with root checker and it still shows that you are rooted?

It blocked root access for applications that require root but still apps that don't like root still detected that the device is rooted.

Comment

Originally posted by terwood View Post
          Switch to off.. it changes aspect ratio to video file aspect...
          It's not supposed to have anything to do with aspect ratio. It's supposed to adjust the refresh rate based on your display refresh rate and source material.

I'm not sure what the differences are between Mode 1 and Mode 2, but it seems like Mode 2 changes the output refresh rate to match the source video. So for example if you're viewing a film source that is 23.976fps it will set the output of the box to 24Hz. If you're viewing a video source that is 30 or 60fps, it will set it it 60Hz. For PAL regions I'm not sure how it works, but those are just examples for North American content/displays.

I'm not exactly sure what Mode 1 does... does anyone know?

Leaving it off, there can be some 'judder' in the framerate (micro stutters every few seconds).

Comment

Originally posted by rahzel View Post
            It's not supposed to have anything to do with aspect ratio. It's supposed to adjust the refresh rate based on your display refresh rate and source material.

I'm not sure what the differences are between Mode 1 and Mode 2, but it seems like Mode 2 changes the output refresh rate to match the source video. So for example if you're viewing a film source that is 23.976fps it will set the output of the box to 24Hz. If you're viewing a video source that is 30 or 60fps, it will set it it 60Hz. For PAL regions I'm not sure how it works, but those are just examples for North American content/displays.

I'm not exactly sure what Mode 1 does... does anyone know?

Leaving it off, there can be some 'judder' in the framerate (micro stutters every few seconds).
            mode 1 works only for kodi,spmc
            mode 2 other players vlc,mx player etc it's experimental

Comment

Originally posted by JoseM

mode 1 works only for kodi,spmc
              mode 2 other players vlc,mx player etc it's experimental
              What about Netflix, TERRARIUM, Youtube?
              What is the best mode for them?

Comment

Update on my random reboot issue, I decided to try a different power supply/adapter and I haven't had a random since. It has been about a week, whereas I would usually get a random reboot every 2-3 days.

This box uses a pretty common adaptor that a lot of these boxes use (2A/5V) so fortunately I had an extra one lying around.

Comment

Originally posted by rahzel View Post
                  Update on my random reboot issue, I decided to try a different power supply/adapter and I haven't had a random since. It has been about a week, whereas I would usually get a random reboot every 2-3 days.

This box uses a pretty common adaptor that a lot of these boxes use (2A/5V) so fortunately I had an extra one lying around.
                  i'm using 5V/4A

Comment

Originally posted by JoseM View Post

i'm using 5V/4A
                    Do you also have issues with random reboots? If so, did you switch because of it, and did the random reboots stop after you switched?

Comment

Been using this box for 2 weeks now and so far is amazing - don't know if the 3GB ram would have anything to do with it but it's definitely fast !
                      Have not experienced any reboot issues nor lags etc. I just had a problem with updating the firmware which was due to my ignorance.
                      The only thing I wasn't too satisfied with was the oranth launcher. I prefer a more straight forward approach for a TV box similar to the appleTV.
                      So I installed a 'simple launcher' with a black background and made it the 'home' @ the settings and all is well.

btw: the pamphlet that comes with the box lists FreakTab as the 'support site'.
                      Don't try to reach Tanix - would be easier to get a response from the pope.

Comment

• scooter2014
                        scooter2014 commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Can you post a photo that shows that freaktab listed as support site?

Is there any app that can tell us if the ram is ddr4 or ddr3?

Comment

• trebor
                        trebor commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Out with the screwdriver pop the lid, note the numbers on the chips and Google will be your friend.

Originally posted by zenix View Post
                      nope

Comment

Originally posted by zenix
                        Maybe some benchmark could do that .

Comment

Anyone had success in updating the Google Play Store? it's not a necessity but I would prefer having the latest version.

Another thing, anyone got an idea on how to mask root on this box or remove root it completely?

Comment

Hi Guys,

Did any one tested speedtest with the Tanix 92 ?

i have a problem, my connexion is 360mb Down / 100mb Up

Speed Test on Tanix 92

LAN : 35 Mbits
                            WiFi : 180 Mbits

Can some one explain ? o_O

Comment

Working...
                            X