• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Flashing ROM

Originally posted by micoyoshic View Post

How do you SUCCESSFULLY FLASH THIS ROM?

Instructions are for 32bit Windows7.
    1.First you download and save www.http://pan.baidu.com/share/link?shareid=3731893369&uk=1731287152 the .img file to your computer.
    2.You then download, save and inzip the attached file to your computer.
    3.Open the RKBatchTool.exe file.
    4.In the opened window press the button to the right of the "FW Path" line, then choose the .img file with the firmware.
    5.Plug the USB plug of a USB - MicroUSB data cable into your computer(better connect av out or hdmi to later monitor the loading of firmware, although not absolutely necessary) . Press and hold the reset button on the TV stick, then plug the MicroUSB plug into the TV stick. Only after doing that release the reset button.
    6.The connected devices tab n.1 on the RKBatchTool window should turn green. I assume the RK3066 driver is installed. It should be since you already flashed the ROM previously.
    7.Press the "Upgrade" button and wait. After the upgrade is finished wait for the stick to make all the changes and reload (the process can be be observed on the tv). Done.

The Root instructions will follow as soon as I find a place to upload a 20+MB file (the forum does not allow it).
    Attached Files
    Last edited by mikadiver; 10-06-2013, 08:03.

Comment

Root

Originally posted by micoyoshic View Post

And how did you rooted it then?

Originally posted by mite_jan View Post
      main reason i am not staying with it becouse i cannot get usb debugging to work to root it

1. Download, save and unzip the file: https://hotfile.com/dl/249057507/e88...ivers.zip.html
      2. Install "PIPO ADB Drivers.exe" from the folder.
      3. Connect the tv stick to tv.
      4. Connect the tv stick to your computer using USB to MicroUSB data cable, wait for it to load.
      5. On the tv screen go to "Settings", "Security" tab and choose (enable) "Unknown sources Allow installation of apps from unknown sources"
      6. On the tv screen go to "Settings", "Developer Options" tab and choose (enable) "USB debugging"
      7. Finally on the tv screen go to "Settings", "USB" tab and choose (enable) "Connect to pc"
      8. Your computer should now see the tv stick and install the drivers for different devices. Check in device manager (Start > Computer right click Properties > click Device manager tab in new window > look for devices marked with "!" ) that all the drivers have been installed correctly. If not, manually install the driver from the "drivers" folder of the file you unzipped (in device manager right click the device(!) >refresh drivers > manual install... > specify "drivers" folder you unzipped).
      9. Download, save and unzip the file "TPSarky-VonDroid-Root.zip" attached to the message.
      10. Run "TPSparkyRoot.bat" Wait for message "Reboot 1/3...". Wait for the tv stick to reboot, then on the tv screen go to "Settings", "USB" tab and choose (enable) "Connect to pc".
      11. Press the space button on your computer and wait for for message "Reboot 2/3..." in the "TPSparkyRoot" window. Wait for the tv stick to reboot, then on the tv screen go to "Settings", "USB" tab and choose (enable) "Connect to pc".
      12.Repeat above for "Reboot 3/3...".
      13.On the tv stick install SuperSu ( https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...fou.android.su ). Done.

P.S. Don't forget to disable "Connect to pc" and "USB debugging".
      Attached Files
      Last edited by mikadiver; 10-05-2013, 11:30.

Comment

Originally posted by mikadiver View Post

1. Download, save and unzip the file: https://hotfile.com/dl/249057507/e88...ivers.zip.html
        2. Install "PIPO ADB Drivers.exe" from the folder.
        3. Connect the tv stick to tv.
        4. Connect the tv stick to your computer using USB to MicroUSB data cable, wait for it to load.
        5. On the tv screen go to "Settings", "Security" tab and choose (enable) "Unknown sources Allow installation of apps from unknown sources"
        6. On the tv screen go to "Settings", "Developer Options" tab and choose (enable) "USB debugging"
        7. Finally on the tv screen go to "Settings", "USB" tab and choose (enable) "Connect to pc"
        8. Your computer should now see the tv stick and install the drivers for different devices. Check in device manager (Start > Computer right click Properties > click Device manager tab in new window > look for devices marked with "!" ) that all the drivers have been installed correctly. If not, manually install the driver from the "drivers" folder of the file you unzipped (in device manager right click the device(!) >refresh drivers > manual install... > specify "drivers" folder you unzipped).
        9. Download, save and unzip the file "TPSarky-VonDroid-Root.zip" attached to the message.
        10. Run "TPSparkyRoot.bat" Wait for message "Reboot 1/3...". Wait for the tv stick to reboot, then on the tv screen go to "Settings", "USB" tab and choose (enable) "Connect to pc".
        11. Press the space button on your computer and wait for for message "Reboot 2/3..." in the "TPSparkyRoot" window. Wait for the tv stick to reboot, then on the tv screen go to "Settings", "USB" tab and choose (enable) "Connect to pc".
        12.Repeat above for "Reboot 3/3...".
        13.On the tv stick install SuperSu ( https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...fou.android.su ). Done.

P.S. Don't forget to disable "Connect to pc" and "USB debugging".
        Thank you, so much.

Comment

looks like the overclocking on the rk3066 devices happened with rkpatchomatic tool
          http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.php?7789-rkpatchomatic-tool-overclock-binary-rk3066-kernels&highlight=

anyone tried to use overclocked kernel in the B13?
          if only there were images i would have test them

Comment

Hey there,
            On start I want to apologize for any stupid questions but I'm a real beginner.
            Passionate, but still beginner
            Any chances this rom will work with linux on SD Card like this one on SlateDroid made by JustinTime4Tea?
            In the mentioned thread they use some rom with "Linux root place under linuxroot label". Which led me to belief that this "Linux root place" makes the stick load into linux with a properly prepared SD card.
            I am dying to build my own linux on my Kimdecent B13, but I don't want to take unnecessary chances...

Regards,
            Verrm

Comment

Today i googled and here is what i found.. On this link, at the bottom of page

Firmware
              There are three or four updated firmware builds launched couple of months ago including the latest one from out on September.Latest builds are tweaked more then previous versions for higher AnTuTu Benchmark results and also fix few bugs.
              I personally recommend using default firmware installed in the stick or you can test & play with the builds listed below at your own risk.
              1 – B13_V411_130301.zip ( Android 4.1.1 / AnTuTu Score : ~ 8556 ).
              2 – B13_RK3066_Public_V422_130730.7z ( Android 4.2.2 / AnTuTu Score : ~ 8722 ).
              3 -B13_RK3066_Public_V422_130518.zip (Android 4.2.2 / AnTuTu Score : 10368~12678).
              So they said that with last one is the best result, and the second one is worse..
              I almost put the second firmware and then i see this.. Which one should i put at the end, the 2 or 3 or from first post from neomode ??

Comment

Originally posted by andy91 View Post

So they said that with last one is the best result, and the second one is worse..
                I almost put the second firmware and then i see this.. Which one should i put at the end, the 2 or 3 or from first post from neomode ??
                read from post 109 to 112

http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.php?4414-Kimdecent-B13-MK812-with-external-Wifi-Antena-Finless-BETA-ROM-1-7/page6

this one is the latest but i havent tried it date 08/28
                http://pan.baidu.com/share/link?uk=3693222424&shareid=1620986026

Comment

Haven't seen that until now

Sorry

So the best will be from neomode in this thread on first page !?

Comment

Originally posted by andy91 View Post

Hi! tbh I'd try with the last one or neomode's - depends if you want custom rom or not. On my B13 i get around 11500 so I think it's last one. The user experience on this stick is very good and I think that this Antutu score is honest, because Samsung S II phone has around 11000 with only a bit worse hardware.

But I'd love to have rom on it that makes it possible to run linux on this hardware... Any1 can help with this? Please?

Comment

neomode's rom is based on may firmware 05/18
                      it is same as stock except it has root + different larger cursor , bootanimation and logo from him

Comment

it is same as stock except it has root + different larger cursor , bootanimation and logo from him
                        Ok, but is it possible not to do anything more with this rom except for adding "linux root place". I am not sure what does that mean but it makes the kernel boot system (linux) from external micro sd card as long as it's labeled "linuxroot". The whole topic about special ubuntu version for ARM processors is here:

The kernel they tested is for rikomagic's sticks and I look for b13 stick as it's just better

Comment

b13s firmware

I think I have a b13s because it has a realtek 8188eus wifi chip. But I could not find a firmware for it. Where can I find a firmware for this. The firmware on Kimdecent web site is not working properly for wifi and bluetooth.

Comment

2gb or 4gb parameter file?

Anyone have a 2gb or 4gb parameter files available I can have? Thanks.

Comment

i want to try real 1080p or overclocked kernel
                              anyone knows how to cook them ?

Comment

i want to try real 1080p or overclocked kernel
                                anyone knows how to cook them ?
                                Try this one http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...l=1#post292735

Comment

Working...
                                X