Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[ROM] Mecool M8S PRO W TVStock Nexus ROM (Android TV 7.1)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[ROM] Mecool M8S PRO W TVStock Nexus ROM (Android TV 7.1)

WARNING: Newer M8S PRO W units may have hardware revisions that make them incompatible with earlier firmware releases. My advice would be to only flash a custom ROM that's based on a known-good OEM firmware release for your box. That said, this latest release is also compatible with the new M8S PRO PLUS units configured with the S905W chipset, since these are basically just rebranded M8S PRO W boxes.

In the spirit of the Pure Nexus Project, these TVStock Nexus ROMs deliver the pure Android TV experience using the Open GApps TVStock Package. The goal is to keep true to Google's vision and use the bare minimum of OEM or third-party apps or add-ons, which can be added ?* la carte by the user as needed, just as I've done with the Stock and Nano variants.

Important Note: Please use my affiliate link so that GearBest continues to send me sample hardware: MECOOL M8S PRO W Android TV Box

TVStock variant includes:Changelog (20190216):
    • Updated to the latest Mecool M8S PRO W OEM firmware (20180827.121904.V0213).
    • Now includes Miracast app and Bluetooth dongle support for voice remote.
    • Developer Options now visible by default.
    • Updated to TWRP Recovery 3.2.3-0 with latest OEM kernel on OMNI twrp-8.1 branch.
    • Updated to latest OpenGApps build (20190209).
    Changelog (20180311):
    • Updated to the latest Mecool M8S PRO W OEM firmware (20180126.191102.V0928),.
    • Wake from sleep is now working, and taking the expected 2-3 seconds.
    • Updated to TWRP Recovery 3.2.1-0 with latest OEM kernel.
    • Updated to latest OpenGApps build (20180311).
    Changelog (20180121):
    • Updated to the latest Mecool M8S PRO W OEM firmware (20171030.152444.V0619),.
    • Fixed bug causing panels within classic Settings (Settings->More Settings) to crash.
    • Updated to TWRP Recovery 3.2.1-0 with latest OEM kernel.
    • Updated to latest OpenGApps build (20180121).
    Changelog (20171201):
    • Based on the latest Mecool M8S PRO W OEM firmware (M8S_PRO_W-ota-20171017.112143.V0619.zip), stripped to Android stock bits and the latest Open GApps.
    • Added local update and backup option from Settings->About->System update based on Amlogic stock OTAUpgrade app.
    • Added additional options (Reboot & Sleep) to global action menu that displays when you press and hold the Power button.
    • Added support for all HID devices (e.g. remotes, gamepads, etc.) on latest Nougat firmware for Nexus Player, NVIDIA Shield TV & Xiamoi Mi Box
    • Nexus splash logo with stock Nexus boot animation
    Known Bugs:
    • Google Cast service works from Chrome browser, but apparently requires Google license to work from Android apps.
    • Not all USB Bluetooth dongles will be recognized, but I'll be adding more drivers as I find them.
    Download:Notes:
    • The underlying OEM firmware for this build is pre-rooted, so this is too.
    • The updater is signed, and so can be installed in the Update app, the stock recovery, or TWRP. It's designed for incremental updates, since user data is preserved. If you're installing for the first time, you should include a data wipe.
    • The safest bet is always to install the full Amlogic burn package with USB Burning Tool. With no reset switch, you can trigger USB detection by typing "reboot update" in a terminal window.
    • The local terminal app shows after being enabled in Settings->Developer Options.
    • Flash ROMs at your own risk and always remember to back up your data first. The burn package includes a factory reset.
    Credits:Donations:
    • Your support is always appreciated! Just click here.

Click image for larger version  Name:	nexus.jpg Views:	5 Size:	10.8 KB ID:	659784Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot_20170725-094430.jpg Views:	3 Size:	15.2 KB ID:	659789Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot_20170725-033009.jpg Views:	3 Size:	88.5 KB ID:	659790Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot_20170725-033026.jpg Views:	3 Size:	20.4 KB ID:	659785Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot_20170725-031607.jpg Views:	3 Size:	63.7 KB ID:	659786Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot_20170725-033120.jpg Views:	3 Size:	104.4 KB ID:	659791Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot_20170725-033246.jpg Views:	3 Size:	52.2 KB ID:	659793Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot_20170725-033331.jpg Views:	3 Size:	33.2 KB ID:	659792
    Last edited by Guest; 03-10-2019, 22:26.

Hi Magendanz,
    I have Mecool m8s pro w and i have question about rom this tv box.

On the photo you can see that my ATV on the box is leaning on the soft from october M8SPROW-ota-20171017.112143.V0619.zip. Can I upload it (update_M8S_PRO_W-V0619_TVStock-20171201) on newer soft?

One more question, if it is ok, I have to:

1. zip OTA UPDATE on pendrive,
    2. Install from UPDATE aplication
    That's all?
    You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Guest commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes. In fact, this custom ROM is based on the same OEM 20171017.112143.V0619 release, but in the future you can upgrade over anything because I used block-based OTA updates, not incremental ones.

To install, just copy the .zip file to a USB flash drive or SD card (without unpacking it), then do a "local update" from the Update app. Later on the custom ROM, you can get to that update app from Settings->About->System Update.

Não tem botão de reset na Mecool m8s pro w para fazer pelo PC ? Como prosseguir?
    ​​​​​​

Comment

Guest commented
      Editing a comment
      See comment above. You don't need the reset switch to do a local update using the Update app.

O aplicativo da Netflix abre e fica escura a tela. Não aparece o menu ou a página para fazer o login. Como resolver este erro ? Estou impossibilitado de usar a Netflix na box

Comment

Guest commented
      Editing a comment
      I just did a clean install of this ROM and immediately downloaded Netflix from the Google Play Store. It worked fine.

Será que esse erro está dando porque estou utilizando a box em uma tv antiga de tubo 29" pelo cabo av com adaptador de Jack 3.5mm para 3 RCA ?

Comment

Guest commented
      Editing a comment
      Most likely, since Netflix for Android TV requires Widevine L1 and HDCP. An RCA output wouldn't support HDCP.

Originally posted by Magendanz View Post
    In the spirit of the Pure Nexus Project, these TVStock Nexus ROMs deliver the pure Android TV experience using the Open GApps TVStock Package. The goal is to keep true to Google's vision and use the bare minimum of OEM or third-party apps or add-ons, which can be added à la carte by the user as needed, just as I've done with the Stock and Nano variants.

TVStock variant includes:Changelog (20171201):
    • Based on the latest Mecool M8S PRO W OEM firmware (M8S_PRO_W-ota-20171017.112143.V0619.zip), stripped to Android stock bits and the latest Open GApps.
    • Added local update and backup option from Settings->About->System update based on Amlogic stock OTAUpgrade app.
    • Added additional options (Reboot & Sleep) to global action menu that displays when you press and hold the Power button.
    • Added support for all HID devices (e.g. remotes, gamepads, etc.) on latest Nougat firmware for Nexus Player, NVIDIA Shield TV & Xiamoi Mi Box
    • Nexus splash logo with stock Nexus boot animation
    Known Bugs:
    • Wake from sleep will usually result in a restart. This seems to be a bug in the underlying OEM firmware.
    • Google Cast service broadcasts and is discoverable from mobile devices, but usually quits unexpectedly when connected.
    Download:Notes:
    • The underlying OEM firmware for this build is pre-rooted, so this is too.
    • The updater is signed, and so can be installed in the Update app, the stock recovery, or TWRP. It's designed for incremental updates, since user data is preserved. If you're installing for the first time, you should include a data wipe.
    • The safest bet is always to install the full Amlogic burn package with USB Burning Tool. With no reset switch, you can trigger USB detection by typing "reboot update" in a terminal window.
    • The local terminal app shows after being enabled in Settings->Developer Options. (This must be revealed by clicking Settings->About->Build 7 times.)
    • Flash ROMs at your own risk and always remember to back up your data first. The burn package includes a factory reset.
    Credits:Donations:
    • Your support is always appreciated! Just click here.

Click image for larger version Name:	nexus.jpg Views:	5 Size:	10.8 KB ID:	659784Click image for larger version Name:	Screenshot_20170725-094430.jpg Views:	3 Size:	15.2 KB ID:	659789Click image for larger version Name:	Screenshot_20170725-033009.jpg Views:	3 Size:	88.5 KB ID:	659790Click image for larger version Name:	Screenshot_20170725-033026.jpg Views:	3 Size:	20.4 KB ID:	659785Click image for larger version Name:	Screenshot_20170725-031607.jpg Views:	3 Size:	63.7 KB ID:	659786Click image for larger version Name:	Screenshot_20170725-033120.jpg Views:	3 Size:	104.4 KB ID:	659791Click image for larger version Name:	Screenshot_20170725-033246.jpg Views:	3 Size:	52.2 KB ID:	659793Click image for larger version Name:	Screenshot_20170725-033331.jpg Views:	3 Size:	33.2 KB ID:	659792
    Hi there,
    Newbies here..can u help me,what is d difference between m8s pro w and m8s pro L?

Comment

I just installed this ROM on my X96 Mini, everything works fine, but when i installed netflix from playstore screen goes black after i open the app.

just like michael santana says, installing goes fine, starting the app does not work. everything else except remote works. TV is connected with HDMI and runs @ 1080p
      Home Cinema Setup Livingroom:
      50" Panasonic Plasma - CS-X806 (s802 1gb/8gb) with Mele F10 on OpenElec 5.0.3 with Kodi - Pioneer Receiver - JBL Surround System - 4TB NAS

Bedroom Media Setup:
      32" Philips LCD -
      KR-42 wasser rom

Comment

Guest commented
        Editing a comment
        Yeah, the X96 Mini doesn't have Widevine L1, but this M8S Pro W does. Netflix requires it on Android TV.

Originally posted by LeXXoZ View Post
      I just installed this ROM on my X96 Mini, everything works fine, but when i installed netflix from playstore screen goes black after i open the app.

just like michael santana says, installing goes fine, starting the app does not work. everything else except remote works. TV is connected with HDMI and runs @ 1080p
      Consegui usar a Netflix mudando a resolução do vídeo nas configurações. Pois a mesma não rodou a 1080p 60hrtz somente 1080p 50hrtz ou 720p

Comment

Michael Santana, i tried resolution on 1080p 50 and 60Hz and also 720p. it stays black on all resolutions
        50" Panasonic Plasma - CS-X806 (s802 1gb/8gb) with Mele F10 on OpenElec 5.0.3 with Kodi - Pioneer Receiver - JBL Surround System - 4TB NAS

Bedroom Media Setup:
        32" Philips LCD -
        KR-42 wasser rom

Comment

@ Magendanz thank you for the info on the widevine L1

then i think im gonna order the M8S Pro W in stead !

thank you for the answer !

Bedroom Media Setup:
          32" Philips LCD -
          KR-42 wasser rom

Comment

Originally posted by LeXXoZ View Post
            Michael Santana, i tried resolution on 1080p 50 and 60Hz and also 720p. it stays black on all resolutions
            Desinstala o que tem instalado e instala pela Google play aqui só funcionou quando eu baixei por lá

Comment

I have not yet joined the club owners Mecool M8S Pro W.. I only made an order yesterday at Gerabest.
              My question is: will USB dongle Bluetooth work? I have USB Dongle Orico BTA-403.

Comment

Guest commented
                Editing a comment
                Not yet, but we're working on it. I have the Broadcom USB Bluetooth kernel module installing successfully now, but there's still something that's preventing device discovery even with all the Bluetooth apps and settings matching the M8S Pro. Seems that there's some precompiler directive that's preventing necessary services in the framework from being built.

Ok,
              Then put the question as follows -
              I have the following TV Box:
              Mecool M8S Pro W
              M8S II
              Mecool M8S Pro+
              Can you give a list of USB Dongle Bluetooth, which already and now work on mentioned above TV Box?
              You can simply specify chips its USB Dongle Bluetooth.

Comment

Guest commented
                Editing a comment
                None of the above. At this point, if you need Bluetooth I recommend you upgrade to a M8S Pro L.

I'm working on it, but at this point we may only get support for Broadcom or possibly any chipset with HCI support. I won't know until I get closer to success.

Não estou conseguindo acessar as configurações avançadas toda vez que abro o app de configuração e acesso alguma opção ele fecha e dá um aviso que fechou sozinho .

Comment

Thanks, There are some force close into preferences.

Chromecast integrated function don't work.

Comment

Guest commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Yes, the Google Cast receiver problem is a longstanding one that is noted in the release notes under Known Bugs. (It requires a Google license, and so we may never find a workaround.)

If some preferences are causing the Settings app to quit unexpectedly, I'd like to know what you were doing prior to the crash.
              Working...
              X