Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

8/29/13 NEW MK908-android.4.2.2-jjhmod-v2.2 Universal Rom Download!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

8/29/13 NEW MK908-android.4.2.2-jjhmod-v2.2 Universal Rom Download!

Well here's a new rom I thew together for the mk908. I have included kernels to support both versions of the mk908 (V1 and V3), including choices in resolutions and ram speeds. The system.img file is basically Finless's new CX-919 system with a few modifications. My thanks for his permission to use parts of his roms. It seemed pretty nice so I figured I'd make a mk908 rom out of it.

Also the kernels included with this rom are my most current. The github source for these is: https://github.com/jjhmod/mk908-jjh-kernel.git

So here's the rom!

MK908-android-4.2.2-jjhmod-v2.2-universal Rom Download Link

Thanks to the whole team for all the help, and thanks to anyone who downloads and tries this rom. As always, I appreciate feedback!

Also, here's a thread link to the kernels if you want to download kernels only.

Good Luck and Enjoy!
    If my work benefits you and you want to help out the cause, feel free to

http://www.hoaby.com/android/donate.gif

Originally posted by hoabycsr View Post
    Well here's a new rom I thew together for the mk908.
    Good Luck and Enjoy!
    Thanks for your hard work, do you have a changelog?

here comes sticky number 22.... Does this forum need an english speaking mod?

Comment

I'm not organized enough right now for a changelog... sorry. I switched to more current sources and added supoort for more devices basically. I did request my other stickys unstuck in favor of this one..

Comment

Originally posted by hoabycsr View Post
        I'm not organized enough right now for a changelog... sorry. I switched to more current sources and added supoort for more devices basically. I did request my other stickys unstuck in favor of this one..
        Thanks Hoaby will try this today and feedback my results,

I have tried most ROM and been taking notes on what has been working and what has not so will post these up later on today also,

Thanks again for your continued support.

Comment

hi Hoabycsr

Thank you for new kernels, unfortunately my CPU still can't scale, speed is 1GHz fixed, which make GUI much slower. I can pair my BT keyboard (MS Wedge), but it can't connect, it says connecting all the time. I have V3 stick, tried 1080p kernels with ram oc, both for V1 and V3 with same results. I remember I had same issues with other custom ROMs. My CPU was scaling properly only with stock test ROM from here: http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...eeded!&p=79121.

edit:

And one more thing, I use latest MK908/T428 Hybrid Firmware (HFW) by lewy20041. Maybe it's problem with ROM by itself not the kernels? I will flash your new rom, and check it again.

regards

Comment

@hoabycsr:
            Thanks a lot for your hard work mate

Comment

Thanks !

Hi !

Thanks for your work on V3.

This rom is fine except Wifi... i't impossible to use it.
              It say connected @11Mbp then 5 then 2 then 24 and anyway no connection... try to change wifi canal to 6 next to 12 next to 13 without success.
              Wifi was a little bit more stable with stock rom.

Regards.

Comment

SUCCESS

I have had this ROM flashed for the last hour or so and so far so good,

No reboots, No loss of wifi connection, Video playback is better than the stock 0802 ROM,

All seems great so far using the 400MHZ V3 720p Kernel,

Just need to try and get XBMC working now, I had it working on the stock 0802ROM using the following guide:
                XBMC, which is very good media center, and a must be app in your tv stick in my opinion, recently, we get some questions about how to run xbmc better with the newest rk3188 quad core mini pc. and after search some information, we find this solution: 1 The offical 12.0 XBMC version don’t work […]

This version seems to crash on this ROM but this is very minor compared to other issues,

So far this is the best ROM for me but needs more testing and playing around with to make sure all my other apps work as I expect them to,

Thanks again Hoaby your work as been immense so far.

Comment

Do Finless ROMs break Bluetooth for some devices?

Originally posted by mariano View Post
                  hi Hoabycsr

I can pair my BT keyboard (MS Wedge), but it can't connect, it says connecting all the time. I have V3 stick, tried 1080p kernels with ram oc, both for V1 and V3 with same results.

regards
                  I have the same issue, but with my Bluetooth headsets. I strongly believe it is to do with Finless' CX-919 parts used in this ROM.
                  Before trying this ROM, I had installed the CX-919 Finless ROM. And saw the same Bluetooth issue. The device sees headsets/ keyboards, but refuses to connect.

I also saw the same issue on couple of other Finless ROMs I had used earlier. The ROMs were great and otherwise stable, but I could not stay on them because Bluetooth is important for me.

Must be something to do with how Finless optimises his ROM. Would be great if others could validate this theory.

Comment

for me everything is good until now, except after few hours of usage google play store is not available anymore, it says no connection, retry . . .tried a reboot but it remains unaccessible even after that; I have to say that I encountered the same poblem with your previous rom also, what could be the problem of the broken play store ?

Comment

Originally posted by paradoxman View Post
                      for me everything is good until now, except after few hours of usage google play store is not available anymore, it says no connection, retry . . .tried a reboot but it remains unaccessible even after that; I have to say that I encountered the same poblem with your previous rom also, what could be the problem of the broken play store ?
                      First minix 7 had a similar problem due to missing contact.
                      T428 ,Radxa Rock (RR), cs918s v1.0, waiting for my X7...

Comment

Originally posted by Sarco View Post
                        First minix 7 had a similar problem due to missing contact.
                        I will say that yes I used finless's cx-919 system.img for this rom with just a few aesthetic changes. If you like, any of the other system.img files from my previous roms should work with this... If it's that finless system that's the problem we can switch it out. It just was a nice running rom with the right playstore permissions and whatnot all ready to go. He spends a lot of time on those and knows more about that than I do so I figured it would be a better option. I'll try a few things too. I have always had problems with bluetooth keyboard... speakers/headsets have worked fine for me. I'll do some testing though. Thanks for the feedback!

Comment

Originally posted by paradoxman View Post
                          Whenever this has happened to me before (lose connection for all Google apps), it was because the system clock was out of sync. Google apps will not connect if your clock is not correct. For whatever reason, my MK908 has never been able to get the correct time automatically, so I often have to set it manually (very annoying).

Comment

Originally posted by kohanz View Post
                            Whenever this has happened to me before (lose connection for all Google apps), it was because the system clock was out of sync. Google apps will not connect if your clock is not correct. For whatever reason, my MK908 has never been able to get the correct time automatically, so I often have to set it manually (very annoying).
                            thx fo your advice, i have flashed again the rom and haven't touched the clock at all and it's working since yesterday although it's alittle anoying not to be able to set the correct timezone and clock manually without losing the functionality of the play store; hoabycsr , i know it's not your fault and thanks for the great rom as always

Comment

Flashed the new rom and Kernel to my mk908 v 3. Tried v3.0 1080-500 kernel first, but print was too small so flashed 720p-400 kernel.
                              Very similar to version 2.01 I was on........ but same 2 major problems for me on this rom:
                              -BT mini keyboard discovered and paired, but will not connect.
                              -VPN app will not connect
                              Are these kernel or rom related issues?
                              Was showing wrong time zone in auto detect, but changed timezone manually.

Connected by LAN adapter so do not need wifi.
                              XBMC XAF latest stable version runs very well (ext mxplayer)
                              No crashes or reboots. Loads of apps installed without issues.
                              cwm also installed
                              Antutu score now 14194.

Comment

Working...
                              X