Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Netflix in HD is being killed in some of the Chinese boxes.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Confirmed Netflix working in MeeCool M8s Pro L using the burn key tool by Videostrong

Comment

Can someone with a M8S Pro L box post the /system/build.prop file of the box, I would like to try something.
      Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by polartic View Post
        So those of us who have a pro + will not have a solution? (sorry for my bad english)
        hi!
        test send email here -> [email protected]
        explain the problem
        Sorry for my badly english

Comment

Originally posted by clarkss12 View Post
          Here is the link that Snakx posted to resurrect Netflix in 1080P HD....

Scroll to post #60. Could not get a direct link to that post.

http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-support/amlogic-based-tv-players/s912/mecool/737833-netflix-in-hd-is-being-killed-in-some-of-the-chinese-boxes?p=738327#post738327

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ +++++++++++++++++++++++++

Well, it appears that it has finally happened, Netflix in HD has stopped working on these Chinese boxes that are NOT Google Certified. Tested my Mecool M8S Pro L and my Mecool M8S Pro Plus, both get an error now when trying to play Netflix in HD. Question is whether Mecool or others will be able to correct this issue via firmware upgrade, or is it an embedded hardware problem that can't be solved.

But for me, that is not the end of the world, I can always use Netflix in 480p, if worse comes to worse.

Edit: Posted a version of Netflix on Dropbox that will Play Netflix in 1080p HD........

https://www.dropbox.com/s/5alkplnfo0....5_HD.apk?dl=0
          I removed the app, not sure if it's legal to post it.

Another option of getting Netflix in 720p, is by using LibreELEC. This video is a year old, but it still works. You install LibreELEC on a microSD card and dual boot from your Android box. It does not affect your existing Android. I think it also supports Amazon Prime, but i don't subscribe to the Prime, so I can't confirm.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_kiqQnY2e_c
          Solution to Mecool boxes with ANDROID TV OS - https://www.dropbox.com/h?file_subpath=%2FMECOOL

Comment

Originally posted by tork24 View Post
            Can someone with a M8S Pro L box post the /system/build.prop file of the box, I would like to try something.
            Thanks
            Login to Dropbox. Bring your photos, docs, and videos anywhere and keep your files safe.

Comment

I think your link is not correct

Comment

Originally posted by JANE View Post
                Login to Dropbox. Bring your photos, docs, and videos anywhere and keep your files safe.
                Hello,

when a click on your link I just see my home dropbox?

file deleted?

Comment

is somebody knowing what exactly the burnkey tools do?

is it only an update of the DRM certificate? is it related to the SOC certification by google?

if we could get an update for the S905X SOC will it be functional for all the box with it inside?

Comment

Here is the smali file corresponding of the burn process. It takes on bin file following the box model, check also something concerning the mac address and do some write.
                    It loads keyburn and jnikeyburn library included on the jar file. I think it should be possible to use the same mechanism if we can find the correct bin file...
                    Attached Files

Comment

• ricky divjakovski
                      ricky divjakovski commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Yes possible, but hard to do, the keys are encrypted heavily and cant be modified so a workaround is needed, if anyone would like to test let me know

What do you mean by encrypted?
                    Do you think if we modify the BurnActivity class to force the write of one of the bin file to the M8S Pro+, it could work?
                    Or the bin file is really linked to one device?

Comment

Originally posted by tork24 View Post
                      What do you mean by encrypted?
                      Do you think if we modify the BurnActivity class to force the write of one of the bin file to the M8S Pro+, it could work?
                      Or the bin file is really linked to one device?
                      Its not that simple, multiple checks are in place, to do what is required we need to trick the netflix server, ultimately spoofing as another device, writing keys wont work as the library that writes the keys performs multiple hardware checks that cant be bypassed unless we modify the key specifying its for the device
                      as the file is small it looks easy, but the compiled/encrypted binary(key) it will be extremely hard to translate, especially with so little code
                      open the key with a hex editor, you will see what i mean

Comment

Hello,

What I don't understand is that on my brand new mecool KM8 which have AndroidTV 8.0 by default (factory settings) I already have a good status relating to the google DRM from DRM INFO.

the fix just update the DRM certificate?

the AndroidTV netflix app is available on the google playstore but not detecting my device as compatible...

If someone could help me to understand what netflix done exactly to "BAN" the chinese box, it would be nicely appreciable.

Best regards,

Comment

Originally posted by fatahltk View Post
                          Hello,

What I don't understand is that on my brand new mecool KM8 which have AndroidTV 8.0 by default (factory settings) I already have a good status relating to the google DRM from DRM INFO.

the fix just update the DRM certificate?

the AndroidTV netflix app is available on the google playstore but not detecting my device as compatible...

If someone could help me to understand what netflix done exactly to "BAN" the chinese box, it would be nicely appreciable.

Best regards,
                          its more of a secondary check in place by netflix, this is probably due to companies not wanting to pay netflix/google a new asking price, they will make it harder and harder and that does not help with my DRM WVL1 research.
                          It could even be my research that has triggered this secondary check

Comment

If I understand correctly, the google WVL1 DRM Bin/Cert is specific for eatch product and google after a failled negociation with manufacturers in order to get more money just invalidate the current cert for many many legit product?

if it's that :/ it's clearly a shame...

My KM8 is google certified and Mecool/videostrong had paid for that and for the WVL1... it's simply a hostage taking

Comment

Originally posted by fatahltk View Post
                              If I understand correctly, the google WVL1 DRM Bin/Cert is specific for eatch product and google after a failled negociation with manufacturers in order to get more money just invalidate the current cert for many many legit product?

if it's that :/ it's clearly a shame...

My KM8 is google certified and Mecool/videostrong had paid for that and for the WVL1... it's simply a hostage taking
                              Thats EXACTLY spot on!
                              As friendly as both google and netflix are aswell as the opensource development encouragement, they will still make sure they are making some money

Comment

Working...
                              X