No announcement yet.

New Nextbook - Next7HD8G aka NX007HD8G - Root and Romdump Wanted

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Edit: So in between other things I haven't had the time to work on it that much, but came across an idea...

Decided to go about changing the resolution of the screen to the native resolution for the 7 inch, 600x1024.

This yielded very good results. Although the Auto orientation switch does not work as it should exactly, I can easily lock it after it's switched.

I will do some more customizations later tonight when I get the time, like adding the resolution change command to init.rc so it does it auto on startup.

It's almost perfect!!

Thanks for you guys assisting me as well. Hope we get to further help others

Originally posted by PangOS View Post
    So I had to end up paying the original owner for it. They provided me with the box which states Manufactured June 2013.

Item: NX007HD8G
    S/N: YFG0613035084

Edit: Also, before I flashed anything, I used the TWRP recovery to make a backup.

After trying to restore the backup now, TWRP reports successful restore but there is no splash screen when I power on, just black screen.

I don't know what happened.

** How about loading kernel modules for the WiFi and Sound into the already running kernel either via adb or term emu??

Only other idea I can come up with for now. Will probably have a go at that later.

Comment

Omg!! Did the thread die??

*Bump*

Edit: So in between other things I haven't had the time to work on it that much, but came across an idea...

Decided to go about changing the resolution of the screen to the native resolution for the 7 inch, 600x1024.

This yielded very good results. Although the Auto orientation switch does not work as it should exactly, I can easily lock it after it's switched.

I will do some more customizations later tonight when I get the time, like adding the resolution change command to init.rc so it does it auto on startup.

It's almost perfect!!

Thanks for you guys assisting me as well. Hope we get to further help others

Comment

Omg!! Did the thread die??

*Bump*
        I'm still here... I just haven't had time to work on this model...
        Freaktab Rom Developer

Subscribe To My Developer Thread For Updates On My Projects: ShaunMT

https://www.paypalobjects.com/en_US/..._donate_SM.gif

Comment

need help rooting nx007hd8g

Originally posted by shaunmt View Post
          I'm still here... I just haven't had time to work on this model...
          Could you please help me root nx007hd8g...? I really want android 4.4 kitkat on my tablet but i'm stuck with 4.1.1.

PS: i'm a complete n00b at rooting and i don't know what a ROM dump or flashing a ROM is....0
          Thanks in advance

Comment

Originally posted by coolesst1 View Post
            Could you please help me root nx007hd8g...? I really want android 4.4 kitkat on my tablet but i'm stuck with 4.1.1.

PS: i'm a complete n00b at rooting and i don't know what a ROM dump or flashing a ROM is....0
            Thanks in advance
            Look here in the forums and you'll find a version of TWRP recovery that I made for your tablet.

Then you can either root with my kyser.zip root package (also here in the forums) or via Cydia Impactor (google it).

I wouldn't count on getting any newer Android versions for this tablet... at least not anytime soon...

ShaunMT
            Freaktab Rom Developer

Comment

Thanks

Look here in the forums and you'll find a version of TWRP recovery that I made for your tablet.

Then you can either root with my kyser.zip root package (also here in the forums) or via Cydia Impactor (google it).

I wouldn't count on getting any newer Android versions for this tablet... at least not anytime soon...

ShaunMT
              Thanks, in that case i'll wait a bit longer for an ota update if not i'll root it...what really upsets me is that nextbook recently released a new tablet and they are already saying it's going to be updated in a month.. It's been several months since the nextbook 7 hd released .

Comment

Thanks, in that case i'll wait a bit longer for an ota update if not i'll root it...what really upsets me is that nextbook recently released a new tablet and they are already saying it's going to be updated in a month.. It's been several months since the nextbook 7 hd released .
                I think it's pretty safe to say that you won't see any updates for this model.

Nextbook hasn't released any updates since late 2011 or 2012, for models produced in 2011, and I believe this was to fix an issue in which included apps that were specifically advertised were not working.

Nextbook never released any firmware updates for any of their Amlogic based tablets and has since switched back to RockChip based hardware.

I doubt that the parent company and manufacturer (Yifang Digital) is even developing for the Amlogic M3/M6/MX platform any longer. They sold these devices under a variety of different brand names in different companies, but I've never found any of these devices to get anything newer than Android 4.1.1.

The only hope for these devices will be bulding from source (requires creating a source code device tree from scratch) or porting a custom ROM from another device (requires finding a similar device, with a custom ROM built from source available, and lots of testing to successfully port without any bugs).

I've gotten close to building or porting for some of these devices, but nothing stable enough to release yet and I'm not sure if I'll ever have enough time to devote to it with newer devices coming out all the time.
                Freaktab Rom Developer

Comment

I think it's pretty safe to say that you won't see any updates for this model.

Nextbook hasn't released any updates since late 2011 or 2012, for models produced in 2011, and I believe this was to fix an issue in which included apps that were specifically advertised were not working.

Nextbook never released any firmware updates for any of their Amlogic based tablets and has since switched back to RockChip based hardware.

I doubt that the parent company and manufacturer (Yifang Digital) is even developing for the Amlogic M3/M6/MX platform any longer. They sold these devices under a variety of different brand names in different companies, but I've never found any of these devices to get anything newer than Android 4.1.1.

The only hope for these devices will be bulding from source (requires creating a source code device tree from scratch) or porting a custom ROM from another device (requires finding a similar device, with a custom ROM built from source available, and lots of testing to successfully port without any bugs).

I've gotten close to building or porting for some of these devices, but nothing stable enough to release yet and I'm not sure if I'll ever have enough time to devote to it with newer devices coming out all the time.
                  alrighty then guess ill root it...ill just be searching around for things to do

Comment

I strongly suggest that you find out how to do a ROM Dump / Backup before trying anything else.

Cydia Impactor seems to work perfectly for rooting these tablets with just one click.

It worked for me every time that is...

Thanks in advance

Comment

I strongly suggest that you find out how to do a ROM Dump / Backup before trying anything else.

Cydia Impactor seems to work perfectly for rooting these tablets with just one click.

It worked for me every time that is...
                      alright , I will thanks for the info

Comment

Rooted successfully. Thank you
                        Last edited by Kagetenshi; 08-26-2015, 17:41.

Comment

Working...
                        X