No announcement yet.

[ROM][OEM] Mecool M8S Plus W (Android TV) by VideoStrong

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can confirm that pressing Home Button before Chinese screen appears solves the issue. Then I did factory reset. Normal bootup since then but slow.....

Comment

Thanks for sharing your experience. So I understand just push the home button at the moment the device is starting the Android graphics interface, correct?

Comment

With regard to slowness, it should be normal at first until all programs that are updated, maybe you have put your email from Google and have a lot of app being updated in the background.

Comment

Yes!

Comment

Originally posted by Novato View Post
            Apparently you installed the M8S Plus W firmware but did not reinstall the M8S Pro W ATV firmware (which is explained in this post) again.
            Yes, i installed the Plus W firmware and not reinstalled the Pro W ATV, because i bought a M8S Plus W TV Box with 1/16 GB.

I came to your post because this was the only posting about Plus W box i could find.

I bricked my box when i tried to install the atvxperience rom which i use with good experiences on my other devices. But i could not install it on my M8S Plus W and i bricked it. So i flashed the box the rom M8S_PLUS_W 20180622.img with USB Tool.

And it booted normally, but got then the chinese menu problem. But this problem i resolved in the meanwhile by freezing with Titanum Backup Pro as described before.

With regard to wi-fi this may be a limitation of the firmware or perhaps the location of your device.
            location cannot be because as i described already, the box is located besside the router (about 50 cm distance, half a meter)
            It is very bad, so slow connection, first box which i had with this problem.

Also very bad that the box has no possibility to connect network cabel, because has no port for it, only 2 usb ports and hdmi, voice and power. No network cable port, very bad.

Comment

Whenever possible, use the network cable.
              My box don?t has network cable port!

Comment

Originally posted by soldiaz View Post
                In case it is like tombraga says: BoxFactoryTest 2.2 which is responisble, is there any way how to delete this crap trhough flashing zip? .
                As is said, i freezed the BoxFactoryTest with my Titanium Backup Pro tool and now it?s resolved, no chinese menu more...

Comment

I guess there is no need for freezing BoxFactoryReset! After Chinese Menu appears just press home button and you will get to launcher! Then wipe data (I did factory reset) and box is booting up normally since then! Maybe this information can be put to 1st post within this thread?

Anyone unrooted the box and installed MAGISK?

Any way to boot into recovery?

Comment

My box has reset button within AV hole.

I guess I will try flashing TWRP.APK and then load S905w TWRP within this app and flash TWRP.
                    Files right here:

moz-extension://86f60004-9fd8-452a-8ac7-dd68964762dd/mega/secure.html#F!Hi5DWLbK!TL80qzz9tcaJienzIeKb4g

Source:

Last edited by soldiaz; 12-02-2018, 09:35. Reason: add source

Comment

My box has reset button within AV hole.

I guess I will try flashing TWRP.APK and then load S905w TWRP within this app and flash TWRP.
                      Files right here:

moz-extension://86f60004-9fd8-452a-8ac7-dd68964762dd/mega/secure.html#F!Hi5DWLbK!TL80qzz9tcaJienzIeKb4g
                      ok, so can you tell then, if it worked, flashing the TWRP with TWRP.apk, But where is this S905W TWRP? Your link you gave did not work, thanks

Comment

I always used universal TWRP for S905 devices (D,X,W) and S912 devices! This can be booted through STOCK recovery and no need to install. I will try later on

Comment

I always used universal TWRP for S905 devices (D,X,W) and S912 devices! This can be booted through STOCK recovery and no need to install. I will try later on
                          please read once more what i asked, you said you will try the twrp.apk to flash the TWRP, yes? if you do, would like to know if it worked.

and you gave a link to the TWRP file, but the link don?t works, thanks

Comment

my big, big problem is the wifi speed and that i don?t have a port to connect network cable, too bad.

soldiaz, which is your wifi speed when you run fast app ? you have also the 1 GB Mecool MS8 Plus W with 16GB space?

Comment

Is here somebody who could install the atvxperience S905W rom on the M8S Plus W (1GB) box???

I mean this rom https://www.atvxperience.com/downloads/

Comment

I would like to share my experience:

1. Install TWRP.apk which enables you the opportunity to flash TWRP recovery
                                2. 1st problem: I flashed TWRP.img then reboot. I can see TWRP logo but box stucks @TWRP logo
                                3. Booted up system then flashed recoveryS905w.img (seems like stock)
                                4. Booted up into recovery from 3. and tried to load up universal TWRP VitMod
                                5. 2nd problem: Recovery refuses to load...says sth like cache cannot be loaded and sth bout blocks

Now I have big problem since system does not start anymore just starts into recovery :-P...gonna flash through Burning Tool

If I remember right I experienced same problem with x96mini ....with specific software version I could not load up vitmod universal TWRP. Had to downgrade....

I dont know wether it is possible to flash stock recovery from x96mini (which accepts universal twrp) then there would not be a problem.. M8S Plus W has reference p281

p.s.: you can boot into stock like this: unplug, then replug and press recovery button within AV hole. Worked!

Comment

Working...
                                X