Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PicUntu-4.5-nand-BasicGUI installer - One file, few click install.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• aloksinha2001
    replied
    Originally posted by shaan_npl View Post
    And here is the kernel....
    First Unzip it
    Just erase the older kernel and flash this one with rkflash tool 1.37 , you are good to go...
    Shaan - excellent work - Can you please share the .config file as well...

Alok

Leave a comment:

• shaan_npl
    replied
    Picuntu Kernel for rtl8188etv and rtl8188eu chipset

And here is the kernel....
    First Unzip it
    Just erase the older kernel and flash this one with rkflash tool 1.37 , you are good to go...
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• shaan_npl
    replied
    Finally got my wifi chipset 8188eu working out of the box

After a long trial , I finally managed to compile a kernel for picuntu which recognizes my chipset rtl8188etv vid=0bda pid=0179 out of the box.It should also work for rtl8188eu. I would like to thank Mr. mmm123 and leolas for helping me and Mr. Alok sinha for such a wonderful distro.....
    Thanks..
    In the meanwhile, I will try to upload the kernel, if somebody is interested to try, they can..

Leave a comment:

• milkboy
    replied
    Originally posted by milkboy View Post
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]3543[/ATTACH]

tried to flash it, followed the read me, erase nand, then flash.
    fail? (error msg)

im using rikomagic's mk80IV (16GB), with the new wifi (ap6210).

any one else expiriencing this?
    cos i tried twice, with the same result.
    manage to flash it by changing the bootloader from Neomode Custom Rom Version 1.0, bootloader v1.24
    is anyone else getting this error

Leave a comment:

• excession
    replied
    Originally posted by aloksinha2001 View Post
    1. Get hold of the driver (lets say 8188eu.ko ) from another linux/android installation where it is working.
    2. Put it in /lib/modules/kernel directory on PicUntu
    3. Run
    Code:
    depmod -a
    To get the modules loaded.
    Hi there

I've taken what I think are the right modules from Lewy's Hybrid ROM for the K-R42. They are 8188eu.ko and rk29-ipp.ko.
    Put both files into /lib/modules (also tried /lib/modules/3.0.6+/kernel), and ran "sudo depmod -a". No errors or other feedback, but nothing appears to be working afterwards; There are no network interfaces showing up.
    Next I tried just using insmod, but got: "Unknown symbol in module" for the 8188 driver, and "Invalid module format" for the RK29 ethernet driver.

Now I'm not really familiar with how this all works, so I apologize if I've got something wrong!
    Does anybody have a suggestion, or should I just wait more patiently for K-R42 support to be baked in?

Leave a comment:

• cororok
    replied
    I've installed this to my mk908 II without any additional step. It was easy just flashed rom.
    It's nice... wifi (ap6210 chip) works out of box. my monitor is 1080p and screen is too. I can't test the sound over HDMI because I'm using DVI using HDM converter.

Leave a comment:

• leolas
    replied
    Re: PicUntu-4.5-nand-BasicGUI installer - One file, few click install.

Originally posted by phjanderson View Post
    Here's my attempt for adding support for other devices to PicUntu:
    Linux Source - RK3188 - PicUntu. Contribute to phjanderson/Linux3188 development by creating an account on GitHub.

The kernel has parameterization of several things like GPIO lines. It defaults to the mk802iv ap6210 settings.

I added two defconfigs for the t428 and qx1 to show how it works. (just compare them with the mk802iv defconfig)

I also added a platform "picuntu3188" to my marvin build tool:
    Marvin - Android kernel build tool. Contribute to phjanderson/marvin development by creating an account on GitHub.

To build a kernel, do the following:
    Code:
    ./marvin platform picuntu3188
    ./marvin config t428 1080p
    ./marvin build
    All of it is untested as I haven't had time to install picuntu yet, but should work I guess.

Oh, and I also added the ethernet driver for the X7, should work with the t428 config (not all drivers for other devices such as IR and analog audio are added yet though).
    Good, thanks it will save some time to me, I am waiting for a usb to Ethernet device to arrive before try picuntu

leolas.

Leave a comment:

• milkboy
    replied
    error

Click image for larger version

Name:	Untitled.png
Views:	2
Size:	32.5 KB
ID:	430922

tried to flash it, followed the read me, erase nand, then flash.
    fail? (error msg)

im using rikomagic's mk80IV (16GB), with the new wifi (ap6210).

any one else expiriencing this?
    cos i tried twice, with the same result.
    Last edited by milkboy; 10-12-2013, 17:33.

Leave a comment:

• milkboy
    replied
    mirror needed

can anyone provide a mirror link for the image
    from where i am g8.net is slow, and keep getting connection timeout, whenever i try to download.

thx in advance

edit: scratch that. someone else was streaming at home. my bad
    lolz

Leave a comment:

• phjanderson
    replied
    Here's my attempt for adding support for other devices to PicUntu:
    Linux Source - RK3188 - PicUntu. Contribute to phjanderson/Linux3188 development by creating an account on GitHub.

The kernel has parameterization of several things like GPIO lines. It defaults to the mk802iv ap6210 settings.

I added two defconfigs for the t428 and qx1 to show how it works. (just compare them with the mk802iv defconfig)

I also added a platform "picuntu3188" to my marvin build tool:
    Marvin - Android kernel build tool. Contribute to phjanderson/marvin development by creating an account on GitHub.

To build a kernel, do the following:
    Code:
    ./marvin platform picuntu3188
    ./marvin config t428 1080p
    ./marvin build
    All of it is untested as I haven't had time to install picuntu yet, but should work I guess.

Oh, and I also added the ethernet driver for the X7, should work with the t428 config (not all drivers for other devices such as IR and analog audio are added yet though).

Leave a comment:

• Scooberdanje
    replied
    Originally posted by phjanderson View Post
    Great work!
    [/LIST]Could you add this one?
    Kernel source code for the Minix Neo X7 and X7 mini parameterized for overclocking and usage with Marvin - phjanderson/Kernel-3188-X7

Kernel source code for the Minix Neo X7 and X7 mini parameterized for overclocking and usage with Marvin - phjanderson/Kernel-3188-X7

It's the built in ethernet adapter of the Minix Neo X7.

For the T428, just enable AP6330 in the kconfig and it should work. It's not very picky about the GPIO lines.

Thanks!
    IF you got time and are willing to explain a step-by-step procedure i'd be glad. I've been googling around how to "Just enable something in the kconfig" but i can't figure it out. Have a good day /

Leave a comment:

• narcois
    replied
    Originally posted by virverus View Post
    Hi Alok and all others involved,

I'm typing this om my first generation(original) mk808 running picuntu 4.5 and all is well ,thank you!
    Ofcourse I had to make some adaptions and testing has certainly not finished yet ,but there's hope for
    all those rk3066 owners.

Virverus

I have running my device mk808 with the picuntu 4.5 on nand but with problem because i flash my mk808 (with kernel 3.0.8 nand by linuxium and loader 1.16 for 3066 of course) and the system is for 3.0.36 kernel.
    If you have modify the module of the release, i think a flash for start directly on nand is possible for our 3066.
    What you think?

Leave a comment:

• phjanderson
    replied
    Great work!

Originally posted by aloksinha2001 View Post
    • I have added support for more than 200+ drivers, it should be a breeze to connect peripherals to this. If not, let me know with a pointer to source and I will try to get the driver compiled.

Could you add this one?

It's the built in ethernet adapter of the Minix Neo X7.

For the T428, just enable AP6330 in the kconfig and it should work. It's not very picky about the GPIO lines.

Thanks!

Leave a comment:

• virverus
    replied
    testing now on mk808

Hi Alok and all others involved,

I'm typing this om my first generation(original) mk808 running picuntu 4.5 and all is well ,thank you!
    Ofcourse I had to make some adaptions and testing has certainly not finished yet ,but there's hope for
    all those rk3066 owners.

I'm not running from nand ,but extracted your picuntu img and put it on a linuxroot partition and used it
    with an old 3.0.8+ kernel (flashed in recovery) ,of course I had to add 3.0.8 modules to this distribution,
    and some wifi files for the mk808 but after that everything seems to work,and quite well really.

In fact,this is my first picuntu wich works right out of the box without tinkering with file permissions etc,etc.
    I have to say the system is very responsive (running from a class 10 sd) and aspecially browser experience
    over wifi is far superior compared to android.All in all a minimal,but very usable distribution it seems.

Next I will try other kernels and perhaps nand installation (like you intended afterall),but I'm not so keen
    on wiping my nand, as this is my only android stick.

what works:sound,real flashplayer in Chromium (from hwswbits galland thanks),wifi ,mounting:external HD
    (2.5" 500Gb) all partitions (including windows) mounted,HD operates without external power supply.
    Also possible to run picuntu from external HD partition,I'm doing this right now,actually,but slower boot than from SD.
    Login to either xfce,lxde or Openbox.

Problems:still plopping sounds ,small high-pitch distortions when playing mov sound from websites.
    ad hoc solution is opening pavucontrol(has to be installed afterwards).
    (oh,and before someone asks,no video accelaration:rockchip ,where art thou?)

work in progress.

Virverus

Leave a comment:

• Christos
    replied
    Kudos

Thanks to all who worked on this.

Flashed on a Rikomagic MK802IV and everything tested is working right out of the box, detecting and connecting to the local WiFi hotspot.

Excellent work guys, keep up the good work !!

Christos

Leave a comment:

Working...
X