Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[ROM] Ugoos AM6 ATV_by_Sasvlad ( AndroidTV 9.0 )

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And how to activate it please or run it

Comment

hey sasvlad.... im trying to install a backup from one box to another via a backup file from box 1 onto box 2 so will have same apps and settings ... im getting the "no partitions selected error" can you point me in the right direction to fix... many thanks

Comment

Hello Sasvlad,

First I would like to say thank you for all the hard work that you have done.

I ordered my UGOOS AM6 back in October 2019 with the intention of flashing your rom as soon as I got it.

After receiving the beast (UGOOS AM6) it was like a dream come true it had all the functionalities a guy could ask for but I ran in to one problem,I could not get your rom flash on my box.
        i searched and searched and I finally got it working after months of looking and I wanted to share this so that you can update your initial post or at least someone can see it in case they runs in to this same problem.

First of let me start by saying my initial problem was that my computer (Windows 10) never recognized my Android device when I connected both of them using USB BURNING TOOL .

Now in order to get that fix I had to disable the driver signature enforcement when your on Windows 8.1 and 10. ( This was the only thing I never tried so my guess is this is what was stopping my pc from recognizing my android device)

When you do this step then and only then can we do what was posted by mo123 on page 5 # 73, which is

Install Amlogic Burning Tool.
        Load the firmware and click Start.
        Press and hold a paperclip or toothpick in the bottom top hole of the AM6.
        Connect a USB A to USB A cable to a back USB port on your PC and the other to the OTG port, marked in blue on the AM6.
        Now connect the power cord to the AM6 while still holding the paperclip/toothpick.
        Wait for the firmware to load and finish.

Hopes this helps.

Now that that’s over I have a one problem with the rom so far is that Netflix is showing me an error which says “ This version of Netflix app is not compatible with your device (-13).

Can you or someone some me or explain to me how to fix this please?

Edit on the 22-04-2020: I forgot to mention that while installing Amlogic Burning Tools I plugged up and powered on my UGOOS AM6 in order for it to see what drivers it needed for my device.

???????After installing Amlogic Burning Tool I plug out and Took off my device and then I started tuning the steps that mo123 suggested on page 5 starting by the step that says loading firmware.
        Last edited by blacks; 04-22-2020, 11:57. Reason: To add more information

Comment

Originally posted by blacks View Post
          Hello Sasvlad,

First I would like to say thank you for all the hard work that you have done.

I ordered my UGOOS AM6 back in October 2019 with the intention of flashing your rom as soon as I got it.

After receiving the beast (UGOOS AM6) it was like a dream come true it had all the functionalities a guy could ask for but I ran in to one problem,I could not get your rom flash on my box.
          i searched and searched and I finally got it working after months of looking and I wanted to share this so that you can update your initial post or at least someone can see it in case they runs in to this same problem.

First of let me start by saying my initial problem was that my computer (Windows 10) never recognized my Android device when I connected both of them using USB BURNING TOOL .

Now in order to get that fix I had to disable the driver signature enforcement when your on Windows 8.1 and 10. ( This was the only thing I never tried so my guess is this is what was stopping my pc from recognizing my android device)

When you do this step then and only then can we do what was posted by mo123 on page 5 # 73, which is

Install Amlogic Burning Tool.
          Load the firmware and click Start.
          Press and hold a paperclip or toothpick in the bottom top hole of the AM6.
          Connect a USB A to USB A cable to a back USB port on your PC and the other to the OTG port, marked in blue on the AM6.
          Now connect the power cord to the AM6 while still holding the paperclip/toothpick.
          Wait for the firmware to load and finish.

Hopes this helps.

Now that that’s over I have a one problem with the rom so far is that Netflix is showing me an error which says “ This version of Netflix app is not compatible with your device (-13).

Can you or someone some me or explain to me how to fix this please?
          You have to install Netflix v7.42 or earlier from APKPure app store or manually download it.
          Best is to install the APKPure app store - https://apkpure.com/apkpure-app.html...ici=image_home and then search for
          https://apkpure.com/netflix/com.netf...lient/versions then click previous versions
          The icon will show in the AppDrawer since it's not an AndroidTV app.
          You can use a site like https://atvlauncher.trekgonewild.de/ to make a banner icon for the app to appear on the homescreen if needed.
          Netflix blocks their AndroidTV app on devices that are open-source or have unlocked bootloaders, AM6 has an open bootloader to allow dual-booting and custom firmwares.
          Netflix also demands around $5-10 million a year from a manufacturer to keep their devices Netflix certified which only cable/tv manufacturers can afford that have recurring revenue. Netflix also only want to work with cable tv operators since then they can get more revenue and don't bother with smaller companies. Apple, Amazon, Roku, Samsung, LG, Nvidia, Xiaomi are all billion dollar companies that can afford it.

You can also install the latest Netflix app from APKPure but then have to follow the instructions with Magisk I posted to make your device Google Certified since the latest apps don't work on tv boxes anymore if not Google Certified.

You can also use the shutdown menu in Android to boot to CoreELEC and install the Netflix addon to play in 1080p quality, works very well.
          InputStream based Netflix plugin for Kodi. Contribute to CastagnaIT/plugin.video.netflix development by creating an account on GitHub.

Comment

Woi @ mo123 that was a quick reply thanks

can you tell me if I will be able to watch 4K movies using the earlier 7.4.2 Netflix or using the Magisk method.

Comment

Originally posted by blacks View Post
              Woi @ mo123 that was a quick reply thanks

can you tell me if I will be able to watch 4K movies using the earlier 7.4.2 Netflix or using the Magisk method.
              No, no 4K Netflix, maximum is 1080p.
              If Netflix is important, I would suggest buying a cheap 4K tv with Netflix support already built-in then you can just switch HDMI outputs to watch Netflix.
              Amazon FireTV 4K are also sometimes on special for $25 then you can use that for 4K Netflix and switch between it and the AM6 when needed with the HDMI Output button on your tv remote.

Comment

Thanks for the information mo123 1080 will do for Netflix,
                it’s better than 480p.

Comment

need some help please guys... trying to go back to original ugoos firmware from ATV 31 ... but pc wont link to box as normal... keep getting twrp on box... and cant load ugoos firmware on .... help... thanks

Comment

Originally posted by m1pnk View Post
                    need some help please guys... trying to go back to original ugoos firmware from ATV 31 ... but pc wont link to box as normal... keep getting twrp on box... and cant load ugoos firmware on .... help... thanks
                    Try to boot LibreELEC with a micro-sd card.
                    These ones should have backup and restore emmc settings I think.

Then make a backup from a working box with stock firmware and restore on one that has twrp.

Otherwise the PC should detect it, then you do a full Erase so the boot and recovery is also replaced with stock ones.
                    Instead of putting a paperclip in the recovery hole, do it in the other MaskROM hole on the bottom of the device then the PC should detect it.

Comment

cheers mo... go libreelec loaded but screen is a funny shade of green and blue and as fuzzy as hell ? ... cant do much as cant see icons straight ?
                      Last edited by m1pnk; 04-30-2020, 00:28.

Comment

Originally posted by mo123 View Post

Try to boot LibreELEC with a micro-sd card.
                        These ones should have backup and restore emmc settings I think.

Then make a backup from a working box with stock firmware and restore on one that has twrp.

Otherwise the PC should detect it, then you do a full Erase so the boot and recovery is also replaced with stock ones.
                        Instead of putting a paperclip in the recovery hole, do it in the other MaskROM hole on the bottom of the device then the PC should detect it.
                        all sorted Mo... many thanks buddy... did as you said.... just had to guess a bit on which buttons i was clicking... many thanks

Comment

• mo123
                          mo123 commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Maybe turning off HDR on the tv or using a different HDMI port might help with the colors.
                          I read it's an issue with some u-boot's.affecting several Amlogic devices that use the latest LibreELEC.
                          Restoring a full backup like this will also restore any Google or other logins, so clear all your accounts in Android Settings if you don't want to backup that too in certain cases.

Updated to AM6_dce Android TV by Sasvlad 0.3.2 DualBoot

Comment

loving your work Vlad ... but can we have option of using the stock recovery as i cant get any joy with reverting back to original firmware without using what MO said ... and after recovering to stock... it still has twrp set as recovery... many thanks

Comment

Originally posted by mo123 View Post

How to install Magisk on the AM6

1) Under Ugoos Settings - Choose Root with SuperSU
                            2) Now restart your device
                            3) Install Magisk Manager
                            https://github.com/topjohnwu/Magisk/releases/download/manager-v7.5.1/MagiskManager-v7.5.1.apk
                            4) Restart your device
                            5) Open Magisk Manager and grant it root permission with SuperSU
                            6) In Magisk Manager's Settings choose Magisk Core Mode Only and enable it
                            7) Restart your device
                            8) Open Magisk Manager and under Advanced Settings(You need to use an airmouse or USB mouse)
                            choose only the 'Recovery Mode' checkbox and uncheck 'Preserve AVB 2.0/dm-verity'
                            9) Now click on Install at the top right next to Magisk and select 'Direct Install'
                            10) Wait for it to finish and then manually restart your device by long pressing the power button on the ir remote and choosing Restart'
                            11) Magisk will now be installed
                            12) In Magisk Manager's settings, disable the Magisk Core Mode Only so it uses the full Magisk Mode now
                            13) Also disable SuperSU root now from Ugoos's Root Settings
                            14) Reboot
                            Magisk should now work fully and you can hide root from apps or make your device Google Certified by using theMagiskHide Props Config module.
                            You can use a root file manager and delete the system/xbin/su file to not interfere with Magisk root.

Make device Google Certified to fix some streaming apps to work
                            Inside Magisk Manager
                            Go to Downloads and install MagiskHideProps.
                            Restart
                            Now from a terminal app(https://apkpure.com/terminal-emulato...al.androidterm) type
                            props and press enter
                            Press 1 to change the fingerprint
                            Press f to pick a fingerprint
                            Pick one with Android 9 device like Mecool or Xiaomi then press 1 then 2 again.
                            Press y to accept then y again to reboot.
                            Go back into props and select Simulate device then press s and y to restart.
                            Select all the different entries to emulate of the device, just say no to restart for each one, when you changed all 6 or 7 entries then you can restart for the last one.

To fake the wifi, you can install Xposed or EdXposed inside MAgisk Manager and then install the FakeWifi module to use wifi as an ethernet connection so games like Asphalt can work correctly.
                            does this suit to other boxes running Android 9?

Comment

Originally posted by m1pnk View Post
                              loving your work Vlad ... but can we have option of using the stock recovery as i cant get any joy with reverting back to original firmware without using what MO said ... and after recovering to stock... it still has twrp set as recovery... many thanks
                              To return to the original firmware, simply flash its image via the USB burning Tool

Comment

Working...
                              X