Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CoreElec / LibreElec builds for GT1 Mini 2 S905X3 ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

71c sounds pretty good for being pumped, seen a lot worse
    treboR
    Please consider
    Donating to Freaktab

Comment

Originally posted by trebor View Post
      71c sounds pretty good for being pumped, seen a lot worse
      So adding a fan is a good idea

Comment

As it is an enclosed Unit with small vent underneath and heat does rise i would get warm

If you live in a warm tropical Climate then it may cause some issues and if you are streaming a lot then keep it cool would be cool
        Stand it on its edge with a small fan blowing thru vents may help run off usb port

Or pop the top drill some holes sit a fan on top (messy) but doable lots of ideas around to keep a hot box cool

look at the images here
        https://forum.freaktab.com/forum/tv-...112#post788112
        Remove the tin lid covering CPU
        Use a large thermal pad between the CPU and metal Block on Plastic lid would improve things not us tin lid.

Of course do at your own risk
        treboR
        Please consider
        Donating to Freaktab

Comment

Originally posted by trebor View Post
          As it is an enclosed Unit with small vent underneath and heat does rise i would get warm

If you live in a warm tropical Climate then it may cause some issues and if you are streaming a lot then keep it cool would be cool
          Stand it on its edge with a small fan blowing thru vents may help run off usb port

Or pop the top drill some holes sit a fan on top (messy) but doable lots of ideas around to keep a hot box cool

look at the images here
          https://forum.freaktab.com/forum/tv-...112#post788112
          Remove the tin lid covering CPU
          Use a large thermal pad between the CPU and metal Block on Plastic lid would improve things not us tin lid.

Of course do at your own risk
          Ok thank. But I will buy tanix x3 s905x3 2/16G because it's cheapest s905x3 box

Comment

Yes just ideas
            The tanix maybe better or worse will not know till ya have a look
            was just going on the topic
            treboR
            Please consider
            Donating to Freaktab

Comment

: deleted, invalid :

Comment

Originally posted by sogoku_vn View Post

Ok thank. But I will buy tanix x3 s905x3 2/16G because it's cheapest s905x3 box
                Does it combination of CoreElec and Netflix plugin depends at all on the widevide level ? My understanding is that Tanix s905x3 is widevide level 3.

Comment

Originally posted by mctiew View Post

Does it combination of CoreElec and Netflix plugin depends at all on the widevide level ? My understanding is that Tanix s905x3 is widevide level 3.

It does NOT depend on Widevine levels.
                  MK818B, T428, ATV 1220, CS918S, TV01, S89H, R89, ADT-1, MK808B Plus, MINIX X8-H Plus, Tronsmart Orion R68

Comment

I am doing dual boot android and CoreElec now. But when I am in Android ( stock ROM), long press power button to choose reboot actually reboot back to CoreElec. How to avoid that ?

I already installed "reboot to LibreElec", so I want to reserve a way to reboot back into Android, from Android.

Comment

Originally posted by mctiew View Post
                      I am doing dual boot android and CoreElec now. But when I am in Android ( stock ROM), long press power button to choose reboot actually reboot back to CoreElec. How to avoid that ?

I already installed "reboot to LibreElec", so I want to reserve a way to reboot back into Android, from Android.
                      I have not found a solution to that problem either. When you re-boot, it boots from the microSD card. It would be nice to have an option.
                      CoreELEC give you many options, including reboot or reboot to internal nand......
                      MK818B, T428, ATV 1220, CS918S, TV01, S89H, R89, ADT-1, MK808B Plus, MINIX X8-H Plus, Tronsmart Orion R68

Comment

Originally posted by clarkss12 View Post

I have not found a solution to that problem either. When you re-boot, it boots from the microSD card. It would be nice to have an option.
                        CoreELEC give you many options, including reboot or reboot to internal nand......
                        This person created a bootmenu :-

Hi, This is my quick and dirty solution to multiboot any amlogic device(actually it can be used on any device that uses u-boot): Be aware that it is not beginner friendly, you need at least some knowledge about writing and editing u-boot scripts, Uart cable is not needed but can be useful during testing and setting up. I don’t have any of khadas boards, I made the boot menu to run on my kii pro tv box but you just need to replace the dtb.img file with the appropriate one for your board and ev...

This will make it possible one to choose a boot by the grub style menu.

Comment

Hi,
                          Tried coreelec on my new beelink gt1 mini2. It's my first installation. Unfortunately with nightly don't work. I have the sdcard in , i do reset, i have the beelink logo and after nothing... Black screen.

Comment

Originally posted by fixide View Post
                            Hi,
                            Tried coreelec on my new beelink gt1 mini2. It's my first installation. Unfortunately with nightly don't work. I have the sdcard in , i do reset, i have the beelink logo and after nothing... Black screen.
                            You did grab the correct device tree from the device tree folder and copy it to the root of the microSD card and rename it to dtb.img ?

Comment

It's ok. It's because my usb sticks was not bootable.

At cpu in core elec informations do you have also amlogic unknown_soc rev c ?

Comment

I just installed CE on box TX3 s905x3 2/16 and Netflix addon. But when I watched Witcher series on Netflix 1080p, It not smooth frame about 18 20 fps when many action scene sometimes sound faster than picture while CPU ~ 95 100%, not well. What about your CE firmware ? Sorry my bad English

Comment

Working...
                                X