Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TANIX TX6S Allwinner H616 Android 10.0 TV Box 2GB/16GB 2.4G+5.8G WiFi LAN Bluetooth

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TANIX TX6S Allwinner H616 Android 10.0 TV Box 2GB/16GB 2.4G+5.8G WiFi LAN Bluetooth

Allwinner H616

The Tanix TX6S tv box is powered by Allwinner H616 that is a quad-core ARM A53 CPU and Mali G31 GPU processor. Mali G31 GPU is a Midgard architecture that lets the TV box have more powerful and faster data procession.

Android 10.0

Adapting the Android 10.0 operating system, TX6S is compatible with more software, games, and applications, improving users' experience

Fast Data Transmission

The TV box not only has an inner antenna supporting 5G WiFi but also has an external antenna, giving you faster communication speed.

ALICE UX by Tanix

Coupons
    2GB/16GB.
    $29.99 after coupon: 44ULEOTP

4GB/32GB
    $36.99 after coupon: 44ULMS7H

4GB/64GB
    $42.99 after coupon: 44ULPUY6

Geekbuying
    Last edited by trebor; 12-07-2019, 20:20.
    treboR
    Please consider
    Donating to Freaktab

Somebody already got this box? Mine is delayed on Gearbest, already ordered and paid beginning last month... too bad!

Comment

Originally posted by tombraga View Post
      Somebody already got this box? Mine is delayed on Gearbest, already ordered and paid beginning last month... too bad!
      i ordered on banggood (35$ in total with eu priority delivery) but it says it will get shipped 24.1.2020. and it was preorder so i guess its same with gearbest

Comment

Ok thanks, l paid 42 euros incl. Priority line, but the 64 GB Version. They said to send next week, we will see...

Comment

I canceled now my order on Gearbest which i already paid 4 weeks ago and til today nothing. Already got my money back on paypal and ordered now on geekbuying for 35 Euros the 4GB/64GB Version.

Perhaps I get the box now earlier?

Comment

I don't think so mate. When you go on tanix web and open product catalog it says tanix tx6s is coming soon! We will have to be patient until February I'm afraid

Comment

I already got mine

The new case design is nicer then I thought it was going to be.

But still the firmware has many flaws for the first release of Android 10.

Things to like about new box:
              1) Android Security Patch from December 5, 2019
              2) Has AndroidTV OS Google Play Store and not Mobile version of Play Store
              3) Kernel is a newer version 4.9.170
              4) Firmware in device dated 20191212, and based on AOSP Firmware for Android 10, release code QP1A.191105.004, release 11 for Pixel 2/Pixel 2 XL release date 2019-11-05
              5) In brief temperature testing the device likes to stay in the 60-70 C degree range, still need to test that more, plastic case does get warm to the touch above CPU
              6) Boot Logo is TX6S graphic with the standard Android spinning balls Boot Animation
              7) Mali G31 GPU
              Problems:
              1) No Root Access, No Root Switch, info apps say there is root access, but Root binary is not properly implemented so root-access apps fail.
              2) No Status Bar / No Notifications
              3) No Navigation Bar
              4) Google Play Store and Play Services will not update on their own, had to manually force them to update with latest versions from Apkmirror.com
              5) WiFi 5 has very low speeds, 5GHz is showing a maximum signal strength of 65Mbps which equals about 25Mbps actual speed. (My ISP connection is 200 Mbps)
              6) LAN is only "Fast Ethernet" = 100 MB speed, no problems with signal over LAN, it worked normally
              7) Oranth/Tanix Software Engineer has made the mistake of naming the Allwinner device "Amlogic" with Amlogic code "p281" in build properties, this also has happened with the last TX6
              8) Another 64bit SoC running in 32bit mode
              9) CPU is clocked at a maximum 1.4 GHz, was hoping for a little higher to be honest
              10) Several GPU mistakes: Vulkan is not activated in ROM, OpenGL ES is mistakenly labeled "2.0" in build.prop; I believe/suspect the kernel has some other errors, as well, like Shader Cores are running at 1 not 2 and that the GPU is not running at its maximum frequency.

Haven't had time to do a lot of tests but here is 3DMark results:

3DMark Benchmarks:
              Sling Shot = 292
              Ice Storm Extreme = 3337
              Ice Storm Unlimited = 5031

These results do not even match the Mali G31 GPU for the Amlogic S905X2/S905X3 with the same GPU. The Ice Storm numbers are even weaker then the previous H6 chip model, but the Sling Shot number is an improvement.
              Last edited by RiCkLaR_atvX; 01-13-2020, 03:58. Reason: typo

Comment

• trebor
                trebor commented
                Editing a comment
                Well as A10 is still not finished to be expected I guess...
                let's see some Pictures

where did you order it from and which version (ram and memory size) are you talking about ricklar?

edit: what do you say, should i cancel processing before it ships and get this one instead? https://www.banggood.com/Eachlink-X3mini-Amlogic-S905X3-4GB-DDR3-RAM-32GB-ROM-5G-WIFI-bluetooth-4_1-Android-9_0-4K-8K-VP9-H_265-TV-Box-p-1599841.html
              Last edited by hapelaptop; 01-13-2020, 01:43.

Comment

hapelaptop got the box through Aliexpress.com , direct form China warehouse, the TX6S with 4 GB Ram / 32 GB ROM device model.

If the device will be your main media STB, I would suggest spending more for a device with a more polished firmware like a Beelink GT1mini(2) or Ugoos X3-Pro. The Tanix TX6S can probably be good after it gets a couple firmware updates, maybe in 3 months time.

The Eachlink device may work with SuperCeleron's new ROM, it has LPDDR4; I have the new Tanix TX5_Plus with Amlogic S905x3 with DDR3 and it has a more polished firmware compared to the new Vontar_X3 and X96_Air, which both have the same Amlogic CPU and DDR3 ram.

Comment

RiCkLaR_atvX thank you so much for reply! i expected a lot from H616 (which is supposed to be better than H6) and G31 GPU and thats why I cancelled order.
                  At the moment i have Mecool M8S pro w which will end up at friends place, so everything is faster than that box for sure! D when i get refund ill check for prices and probably get some with S905x3 . Thank you once again!

Comment

Originally posted by RiCkLaR_atvX View Post
                    I already got mine
                    Problems:
                    1) No Root Access, No Root Switch, info apps say there is root access, but Root binary is not properly implemented so root-access apps fail.
                    Mine is on the way. Very strange.

So es file explorer pro root and Titanium Backup Pro don't work? Could you test it please?

Comment

Can someone share firmqarw thia box? TX6s
                      alrdy delete su file forget to backup.

Comment

I have already for 3 days.it seen like semi root.to freeze app via Link2SD you can.but titanium backup error'.

Comment

Received mine a few days ago. Hardware seems good as judged by capability of playing back hi-def content via VLC over ethernet with nice quality, no stuttering and responsive controls.

The firmware on this device is hot garbage; I don't even know where to begin, there are so many problems.

I am coming from a mecool K3 Pro with custom firmware and I just cannot get on with the ROM on the Tx6s at all; so much so that it will not be reconnected until there is a better solution out there.

In addition to the problems mentioned by other users above, the device has shipped with an extremely limited version of the play store which seems to only allow certain versions of a given app with many not being available at all. In many cases, this leads to completely non-functional implementations of many common streaming platforms such as Stan. Installing APKs from external sources works fine so there is no hardware limitation here; it's just extremely frustrating.

Even their attempt at a customised Kodi installation has failed miserably, leaving you with a broken copy of the stock version that just lags to death. Search menus default to voice search but the link to wireless remote microphone is not built, leaving you sitting there hearing the recording beep and having to wait to make any input.

There is no software control over shutdown or reboot, and the device defaults to switching itself into hibernate when the TV is turned off leaving you with the option to either use the poxy included remote or pull the power plug and wait out a lengthy reboot; absolutely ridiculous way to handle this and not enough control over power management options.

I suspect that eventually someone with the skills will sort out this mess and we will end up with a very cheap and capable box, but as of right now it is next to useless unless all you want to do is watch netflix. I don't think they could have done a worse job on firmware implementation if they tried.

Comment

Originally posted by bandario View Post
                            Received mine a few days ago. Hardware seems good as judged by capability of playing back hi-def content via VLC over ethernet with nice quality, no stuttering and responsive controls.

The firmware on this device is hot garbage; I don't even know where to begin, there are so many problems.

I am coming from a mecool K3 Pro with custom firmware and I just cannot get on with the ROM on the Tx6s at all; so much so that it will not be reconnected until there is a better solution out there.

In addition to the problems mentioned by other users above, the device has shipped with an extremely limited version of the play store which seems to only allow certain versions of a given app with many not being available at all. In many cases, this leads to completely non-functional implementations of many common streaming platforms such as Stan. Installing APKs from external sources works fine so there is no hardware limitation here; it's just extremely frustrating.

Even their attempt at a customised Kodi installation has failed miserably, leaving you with a broken copy of the stock version that just lags to death. Search menus default to voice search but the link to wireless remote microphone is not built, leaving you sitting there hearing the recording beep and having to wait to make any input.

There is no software control over shutdown or reboot, and the device defaults to switching itself into hibernate when the TV is turned off leaving you with the option to either use the poxy included remote or pull the power plug and wait out a lengthy reboot; absolutely ridiculous way to handle this and not enough control over power management options.

I suspect that eventually someone with the skills will sort out this mess and we will end up with a very cheap and capable box, but as of right now it is next to useless unless all you want to do is watch netflix. I don't think they could have done a worse job on firmware implementation if they tried.
                            And that's the problem isn't it? You're not even running the stock firmware on the box you're comparing it too.

So in a lot of ways you're comparison is flawed or invailid.

For instance if someone went out and bought the mecool K3 Pro you mentioned it's most likely not going to have the customized firmware you're running installed on it, so you're not actually comparing the firmware that's on on either the TX6s or the mecool K3 Pro.
                            Last edited by c,lei; 01-26-2020, 04:41.

Comment

Working...
                            X