Pipo M7 Pro RileyROM 1.9 AND 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks Randy!

Yes I know about erasing the IDB before flashing, but can I flash the 720 kernel along with 2.0 or should I flash the stock kernel included in the package and flash the 720 kernel only afterwards?

i'm on 1.8 now.
    Proud M7Pro owner and Freaktab fan

Comment

Re: Pipo M7 Pro RileyROM 1.9 AND 2.0

You don't have to flash the stock kernel first unless you just want to test how it performs as a baseline. That would be the only reason.

Sent from my M7pro using Tapatalk
      Randy
      Freaktab Developer, Product Reviewer, Moderator and "Flashaholic".
      Read my BIO Here
      Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
      Donate here

Comment

Thank you again.

I'll try the kernels and give feedback afterwards, although I'm scared to do this.

Comment

Re: Pipo M7 Pro RileyROM 1.9 AND 2.0

Don't do anything that makes you uncomfortable. There is a certain risk involved here. However, RK3188 chips are rated higher than the clock speeds in these kernels. You can't get too carried away with tablet kernels because you can't beef up CPU cooling.

Sent from my M7pro using Tapatalk
          Randy
          Read my BIO Here
          Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
          Donate here

Comment

confirming bootloop on cpu OC

2.0 +
            ddr 720: 19856 Antutu
            stock: 19477 Antutu

Not much of a boost, but would really love to see my device to hit the 20K mark. Sadly not doing that.

Thanks guys!

Comment

Originally posted by cshock2010 View Post
              confirming bootloop on cpu OC

2.0 +
              ddr 720: 19856 Antutu
              stock: 19477 Antutu

Not much of a boost, but would really love to see my device to hit the 20K mark. Sadly not doing that.

Thanks guys!

wait until the device boot all things like the system apps etc,wait for 5mins ,then re run antutu,

Comment

re test antutu,oc'd using no frills,ondemand-deadline, got this score,
                Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2013-11-01-15-37-48.png
Views:	1
Size:	92.6 KB
ID:	431067

Comment

But does it make a difference?

Does the new firmware and new kernels make any user perceptible changes?

I am running 1.7 now and get long pauses on occasion. It feels like a garbage collection cycle is going on but I can't tell for sure. Seems like it happens after a few hours of uptime.

Anyone seeing the same? Does this seem to go away with 2.0?

Comment

my problem with 1.7a is eating battery.
                    my tablet work around 5hrs with wifi... is this normal?
                    shall i upgrading to 2.0??

Comment

My Tablet eat 5% of battery in 15mins when i'm online with WIFI?
                      is that normal?

Comment

I did notice smoother transitions and a faster tablet with this new ROM/Kernel combination. The new kernel selection gives it even more boost. Still, battery usage is a little fast, but I've slowed it down a bit by lowering the screen brightness. You can take it down quite a lot without noticing that much difference in visibility.
                        Randy
                        Read my BIO Here
                        Donate here

Comment

Thank you,

can i take full backup from my installed apps or gallery or movies or photos and all tablet settings for restoring them after upgrading to rom 2.0 ? if yes how exactly?

Comment

I use Titanium Backup/Restore. But you have to be rooted to use it.

Just make a backup to your external SD...then turn off the tablet and remove the sd card before you flash, so it won't get erased.
                            Randy
                            Read my BIO Here
                            Donate here

Comment

Thank you, and thank you Geekbuying (where I bought mine).

Running 2.0, my tablet seems super fast but for some reason scored only an 18690 on Antutu, comepared to the 1.7a 19585 I was running. It does seems faster with 2.0 though. Either way love it and thank you.

G

Comment

darrellr,

did you make any changes to the tables in original overclocking scripts? CPU frequencies in original script are limited to 1200MHz minimum. In my opinion, it's just waste of battery for tablets. So, I've changed tables adding lower CPU frequencies. Kernels changed succesfully and the same script reported modified tables. Then I've tried to flash kernel with 1704 CPU and 720 DDR. And nothing happened. Tablet booted well, but no changes at all. AnTuTu scores even went down slightly. And all the information I was able to gather from dmesg and dumpsys reported frequencies remaining the same. NoFrills also had max freq same 1608 as it was.

BTW, has anyone noticed that starting from certain time, I guess it was update#6, boot.img in stock ROMs contains kernel too? Therefore, in my experiments I have repacked boot.img with modified kernel as well. And flashed not only kernel but boot.img also.

Comment

Working...
                                X