No announcement yet.

Pipo M7 Pro RileyROM 1.9 AND 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The boot.img in my ROM's don't have a kernel embedded. It's only the stock boot.img that has the kernel. Also, stock recovery has a kernel, but it's only used if you boot to recovery. CWM does not have a kernel embedded on my ROM, either.
    Randy
    Freaktab Developer, Product Reviewer, Moderator and "Flashaholic".
    Read my BIO Here
    Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
    Donate here

Comment

Off topic.......

Does anyone know of an app that gives brightness control beyond stock? I want to be able to dim the screen all the way down or close to it. Thanks

G

Comment

Originally posted by rrileypm View Post
        I use Titanium Backup/Restore. But you have to be rooted to use it.

Just make a backup to your external SD...then turn off the tablet and remove the sd card before you flash, so it won't get erased.
        Thank you,

How can I Root my tablet?

Comment

RileyROM are pre-rooted...

Comment

Originally posted by ginman View Post
            Off topic.......

Does anyone know of an app that gives brightness control beyond stock? I want to be able to dim the screen all the way down or close to it. Thanks

G
            'Gravity' has some features to adjust the brightness.

GravityBox - tweak box - Xposed module for devices running Android 4.1/4.2/4.3 ROMs Version 3.7.2 [JellyBean] Version for KitKat is available in this thread: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2554049 READ THIS POST CAREFULLY BEFORE...

Comment

Sv: Pipo M7 Pro RileyROM 1.9 AND 2.0

2.0 and using crossbreeder and 720 ram kernel :-)
              Skickat från min M7pro via Tapatalk 2

Comment

ginman,
                try this one https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...nevod.loggraph it really works.

Randy, I know that there is no kernel embedded in your ROM, just discovered that stock one has. BTW, stock recovery has own kernel embedded too.

Comment

@ dennta,

can you give me the steps how to install crossbreeder and 720 ram kernel?
                  Is the tablet stable and what about the battery running time?

Thanks!

Comment

Sv: Pipo M7 Pro RileyROM 1.9 AND 2.0

To install crossbreeder , just download the crossbreeder zip from xda forum. Search for it on Google. Then boot in to cvm recovery and install zip from sdcard. The kernel can be downloaded from a link earlier in this thread. Then replace the kernel in the rileyrom folder with the one you just downloaded. Use the one with stock gpu and cpu values.

Crossbreeder only boosted the antutu score with 200 but it feels more stable. Could be my imagination though :-P only time my tablet gets slow and hangs sometimes is when I download using ttorrent and trying to do something else at the same time.
                    Don't know about battery yet. But it seems to be the same as when I was on 1.8. Pretty good according to me.

Skickat från min M7pro via Tapatalk 2

Comment

Power Adapter

Is any one aware of any usb to PIPO power pin adapters. I am going on a long 18hr flight trip and i want to use power pack to charge the tablet. I am aware that M7Pro cannot be charged thru it USB port
                      Any help here is appreciated...

Comment

cheeks80, the only way is if you can get USB to 2.5mm jack adapter in time.
                        Otherwise, just plan your trip. You should have a lot of onboard entertainment on such a long flight. Save your tablet just for a time when you'll have nothing to watch/listen/play. And you may have even Internet access on intercontinental flights these days.

Comment

Use great caution with attempting to charge a Pipo tablet with ANYTHING other than the stock charger!!!!!! The charger circuits are VERY sensitive and burn out easily. I've done it. I had to pronounce the device DOA!!!!!

Luckily...I had a spare tablet on MY trip to use.
                          Randy
                          Freaktab Developer, Product Reviewer, Moderator and "Flashaholic".
                          Read my BIO Here
                          Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
                          Donate here

Comment

device can not do flash mode because of no drive
                            What can i do... Can it be because i do use windows 8.1 this time? (Used to use win7)

Comment

fr0zenfr0g,

the Rk3188 drivers do not work with Windows 8.1

Comment

Originally posted by MFinchy View Post
                                fr0zenfr0g,

the Rk3188 drivers do not work with Windows 8.1
                                some guys here managed to make it work. try it: http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...or-Windows-8-1

Comment

Working...
                                X