Pipo M7 Pro RileyROM 1.9 AND 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rrileypm View Post
    Use great caution with attempting to charge a Pipo tablet with ANYTHING other than the stock charger!!!!!! The charger circuits are VERY sensitive and burn out easily. I've done it. I had to pronounce the device DOA!!!!!

Luckily...I had a spare tablet on MY trip to use.
    rriley, can you please share what exactly you did that the that the tablet got burnt? Did you use a wall charger that was incomptible? I wish to use a power bank. Do you think it will cause a similar issue?

Comment

Re: Pipo M7 Pro RileyROM 1.9 AND 2.0

It was one of those adjustable car chargers.

Sent from my M6pro using Tapatalk
      Randy
      Freaktab Developer, Product Reviewer, Moderator and "Flashaholic".
      Read my BIO Here
      Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
      Donate here

Comment

Hi, first sorry for my bad english.
        Yesterday I flashed the RileyROM 1.8. Unfortunately, I've found that I can now write no more sms. Is this not possible in 2.0?

How can I restore the sms function?

Velen thanks.
        Christian

Comment

Originally posted by eigelb View Post
          Hi, first sorry for my bad english.
          Yesterday I flashed the RileyROM 1.8. Unfortunately, I've found that I can now write no more sms. Is this not possible in 2.0?

How can I restore the sms function?

Velen thanks.
          Christian
          Hallo Christian,

I don't know if ROM 2.0 will fix our 3G related problems - I have the WiFi version - but this version which is a real improvement regarding fluency & speed (I have now AnTuTu score of 20031 (with the 720 ram kernel)

Good luck.
          Last edited by MFinchy; 11-05-2013, 18:20. Reason: add additiomal info

Comment

Hello, I just flashed the 2.0. Unfortunately, I can receive and write any sms with this version.

How can I add the text message function?

Thank you. Christian

Comment

So, I downloaded fw2.0 with kernel720, everything seemed ok, tablet boot up fine.
              Started restoring titanium but it froze, so I rebooted to a bootloop.
              Went into recovery, wiped data+cache and reboot again.

Tablet booted fine, but touchscreen is gone?! Now its even not working after a new flash...
              Any help?

Comment

OK, actually I got it working now, changed the kernel to the stock one...weird

Comment

New update (no more info...)
                  update#14_M7pro_892_ota_20131106_v1.0.6.img
                  http://pan.baidu.com/s/1qukNW

Comment

RileyROM 2.0, kernel_cpu1704h_gpu600_ddr720.img - works fine!

Comment

Originally posted by he6y3u View Post
                      RileyROM 2.0, kernel_cpu1704h_gpu600_ddr720.img - works fine!

Did you notice big changes in speed with this setup? Can you check Antutu scores?
                      This didnt seem to work for everyone if you view earlier posts in this thread.

Comment

Stock RileyROM 2.0 - Antutu 18200
                        RileyROM 2.0, kernel_cpu1704h_gpu600_ddr720.img - Antutu 20150

Comment

Re: Pipo M7 Pro RileyROM 1.9 AND 2.0

Cpu 1704 crashed then I reflashed 2.0 with just stock cpu and gpu with ddr720 and got this:

Sent from my M7pro using Tapatalk
                          Proud M7Pro owner and Freaktab fan

Comment

edit.
                            Last edited by manao; 11-09-2013, 21:35.

Comment

OK, Y'all!!!!!!

I have a new ROM based on a Pipo firmware dated 11/2/13.

I used 900Supersport's new kitchen to develop this one. I was using his v1.0 and switched today to v2.0. I kind of like the new features from a developer perspective and I hope to have some new features to add to my ROM's as soon as I learn more about them.

Anyway, here is the link to v2.1.1 (Yes, 2.1 was a rough draft that I skipped because I liked this one better) I've added some custom kernels by Darrellr based on the stock kernel from this new firmware.

Here is the link to the new thread:

Randy
                              Freaktab Developer, Product Reviewer, Moderator and "Flashaholic".
                              Read my BIO Here
                              Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
                              Donate here

Comment

Hello everyone.
                                I finally found a version that doesn't have random reboots
                                I think there are a set of tablets which have some sort of hw glitch, that causes random reboots to occur.
                                24 hours with v2.0, and not a single reboot.
                                I am officially happy with the tablet )

Thank you Riley, and everyone who guided me to this version!

Comment

Working...
                                X