Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

X96 X6 Android 11 RK3566 Quad Core 4GB RAM 32GB ROM Dual WIFI Gigabit LAN 4K HDR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I successfully booted armbian on my box !!!

Comment

Trigu75 (I successfully booted armbian on my box !!!)

Hi, can you share your impressions and files to do that, please?

Comment

thanks to balbes150 from armbian for these images

to be able to boot any of these images , you need your device dtb file (device tree blob)., it can be extracted from your device firmware ( from the recovery partition , as this dtb file is not android but Linux )

once you have the dtb , flash the image to an sd card , Mount it in a Linux system , mound the 2nd partition from the flashed image , copy your dtb file to the /boot/dtb/rockchip directory

modify the /boot/extlinux/extlinux.conf file to use your dtb file instead of firefly dtb

insert the se card in your device , turn it on

If you don’t change the dtb you will get stuck during boot process due to missing hardware ( firefly board have more components , which are disabled on our devices dtb file )

1st boot will ask to set a password , and user , then desktop will load

everything works , only wifi/bt is not since they didn’t add our device wifi driver, just a matter of adding it (hk5325f in my case ... )

once done that , to have hardware acceleration , I had to also install the GPU drivers (Mali bitfrost) , the MPP service drivers , and update some components to include the board libraries , librga , Libdrm , v4l , gl/gles

all these drivers , libraries are inside rockchip GitHub , and are updated every few days ...

due the lack of help from other developers here , which are already releasing mods , but just for their station m2/p2 box ,
        and they rather answer “ the manufacturer said “ instead of just building one image with my dtb to test ... and my main job .. I had to pause all my researching to try to run a normal updated android ‘ Linux on these devices

proof of concept ... with the right software , these boxes run smooth , cold , I wanted to compile kodi with true hardware decoding and hdr ( since it uses ffmpeg , and I successfully compiled and used rkmpp enabled ffmpeg)

but ... no help from who is already doing it ... , I’ve been asking for like 2 months already from mo123 to just release one image using my dtb .... all out boxes android issues are fixed on his images ...

but no images , no source released , his answer “ manufacturers run one line code to build updated , firmware , ask the manufacturer”
        Last edited by Trigu75; 10-08-2021, 05:40. Reason: Typos

Comment

X96 x6 rk3566
          How to fix 5ghz wifi problem:

Comment

Rockchip3318

Sent from my moto g(7) optimo maxx(XT1955DL) using Tapatalk

Comment

need "stock firmware" ?
              for my bricked X96x6 box

might be recovered again!
              note;such as tried above(Lukiwa's given) f/w but it does not help me!

f/w started as usual but stucked when rely to Maskrom(maskrom failed)

Comment

Originally posted by mo123 View Post

720/1080p AV1 won't work, it's only supported on Amlogic S905X4 devices.

Install Magisk Alpha since Magisk has been abandoned by the developer since he joined Google's security team.
                A Magic Mask to Alter Android System Systemless-ly - File not found · vvb2060/Magisk

GitHub is where people build software. More than 100 million people use GitHub to discover, fork, and contribute to over 420 million projects.

Use RKDevTool/RKAndroidTool, load your firmware in the last tab and press Unpack.
                Copy the unpacked boot.img to your device and select it in the Magisk app.
                You will get a patched boot.img in your download folder.
                Flash this patched boot.img through Developer Options(Click 7 times on About, Build Info in TvSettings)
                Flash Image - Select boot partition then your patched boot.img
                If there is no TvSettings then use RKAndroidTool, Load partitions and flash the patched boot.img to the boot partition only(checkbox selected)
                Reboot the device.
                Hi mo123,
                I have successfully prepared boot.img with Magisk patch but from now on I have a problem with detailed instructions for flash patched boot.img. I don't know exactly how to load boot.img to RKDevTool. Can you guide me in more detail on how to do this.
                If I understand correctly, the first variant of how to perform flash is made via flash directly on the TV box (in the TV Box settings), and the second via the PC - TV box connection. If anyone else knows this procedure, I will be very grateful for any help.

Comment

Has anyone tried FW from Orbsmart TR43? The specifications are the same and the FW is here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/olrqb...20121.zip/file

Comment

it all the same

it is a build from december with the 4.19.172 kernel

and all are as bad and good only firmwares with higher kernel can have better support

all firmwares boots just by flashing it to a rk3566 quartz64-a no editing needed

only the t95 boots then stuck in in a loop in in android

Last edited by shaggy013; 03-20-2022, 09:54.

Comment

Originally posted by H-Tab View Post
                      Has anyone tried FW from Orbsmart TR43? The specifications are the same and the FW is here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/olrqb...20121.zip/file
                      i sorted it a little by decompiling the dtb files and the firmwares

the H96_Max is with a rk809 pmic same as the firefly m2 powermanager so the image wont boot on other devices out of the box

the rest all boots on a quartz64-a that was the funny thing

the Orbsmart TR43 X96 and the T95 have the ir led on pwm@fdd70030
                      the X88pro R2_HK5235F R3_HK5235F have their or led on pwm@fe700030 the x88 support a lot of ir remotes
                      the rest is little the same of that boards only the used vfd (clock display on front of device ) is diffrent
                      the h96,x96,tr43 are on rockchip sdk rkr9

the station m2 is on sdk rkr10

and the rest is on sdk rkr 7

the current sdk is RKR11 aka android-11.0-mid-rkr11.2 for android 11

Comment

Working...
                      X