No announcement yet.

Success , Armbian from station m2 on rk3566 android boxes !11

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I tried with different sd card and different ftdi, but it's not booting neither print log.
    Maybe you uploadad wrong image or I don't know.

Comment

i am sure the image at least boot

it is just a gpt image wich you flash with etcher to a sd or emmc

on sd it just boots to recovery

on emmc it just works

Comment

I can't boot my private build from SD card until I erase the emmc, I believe the r2 box will load emmc uboot first, then the uboot will try to load kernel from SD, but it can't load my kernel due to the partition.

Comment

Originally posted by zxie View Post
          I can't boot my private build from SD card until I erase the emmc, I believe the r2 box will load emmc uboot first, then the uboot will try to load kernel from SD, but it can't load my kernel due to the partition.
          Same for me

Comment

Originally posted by ASDosjani View Post
            Thanks for the detailed answer, i will try, but my problem is not that I can't boot into armbian, but java always crashing. What do you mean by "original dts of the armbian dtb"? I found the rk3566-box-demo-v10.dtb and decompiled it and it's only shows the hex values not the vcc_3v3.
            if you don’t understand what you do , don’t do ...

if you knew how a dts file works , you would know that there is in that tree an object for each vcc , and inside the object the hex value that corresponds to it , and all this unneeded mess , take the original dtb from the box original android image , decompile it , understand it , then. You can edit the other dts , without ״ guessing ״

, and the only Reason your not being able to boot from sdcard , is because your uboot is set to boot from emmc , configure your uboot , to boot from the second emmc ( aka sdcard )

try to manually boot using a serial cable , then change the uboot boot env , and you are done , there is no need to erase anything

Comment

he is just lazy like the most

Comment

I tried the box5.7z , etcher shows no boot partitions warning,
                tried to flash it with win32diskmanager , and image is not recognized ( checked from uboot through serial console )

=> part list mmc 1
                Repair the Primary gpt table OK!

Partition Map for MMC device 1 -- Partition Type: EFI

Part Start LBA End LBA Name
                Attributes
                Type GUID
                Partition GUID
                1 0x00000800 0x01dac7ff "Basic data partition"
                attrs: 0x0000000000000000
                type: ebd0a0a2-b9e5-4433-87c0-68b6b72699c7
                guid: 6d685456-9544-4521-9c1a-57d5a5bb32f9

=> run bootcmd_mmc1
                switch to partitions #0, OK
                mmc1 is current device
                Failed to mount ext2 filesystem...

Comment

update , after I got the GPT image , this one shows the rockchip kernel splash , but , it fails to load , due to incomplatible DTS configuration

it tries to init SATA , but these boxes don't hava SATA , or PCIE (like radxa , firefly) so the kernel load get's stuck there

Comment

and for those that say not starting up from SDCARD ..

this is my uboot env which shows the boot commands , checks , and ORDER (in my case mmc1(sdcard) , is 1st)

=> printenv
                    arch=arm
                    baudrate=1500000
                    board=evb_rk3568
                    board_name=evb_rk3568
                    boot_a_script=load ${devtype} ${devnum}:${distro_bootpart} ${scriptaddr} ${prefix}${script}; source ${scriptaddr}
                    boot_extlinux=sysboot ${devtype} ${devnum}:${distro_bootpart} any ${scriptaddr} ${prefix}extlinux/extlinux.conf
                    boot_net_usb_start=usb start
                    boot_prefixes=/ /boot/
                    boot_script_dhcp=boot.scr.uimg
                    boot_scripts=boot.scr.uimg boot.scr
                    boot_targets=mmc1 mmc0 usb0 pxe dhcp
                    bootargs=storagemedia=emmc androidboot.storagemedia=emmc androidboot.mode=normal androidboot.dtb_idx=0 androidboot.dtbo_idx=0
                    bootcmd=boot_fit;boot_android ${devtype} ${devnum};run distro_bootcmd;
                    bootcmd_dhcp=run boot_net_usb_start; if dhcp ${scriptaddr} ${boot_script_dhcp}; then source ${scriptaddr}; fi;
                    bootcmd_mmc0=setenv devnum 0; run mmc_boot
                    bootcmd_mmc1=setenv devnum 1; run mmc_boot
                    bootcmd_pxe=run boot_net_usb_start; dhcp; if pxe get; then pxe boot; fi
                    bootcmd_usb0=setenv devnum 0; run usb_boot
                    bootdelay=0
                    cpu=armv8
                    devnum=0
                    devtype=mmc
                    distro_bootcmd=for target in ${boot_targets}; do run bootcmd_${target}; done
                    fdt_addr_r=0x0a100000
                    kernel_addr_c=0x04080000
                    kernel_addr_no_low_bl32_r=0x00280000
                    kernel_addr_r=0x00280000
                    mmc_boot=if mmc dev ${devnum}; then setenv devtype mmc; run scan_dev_for_boot_part; fi
                    partitions=uuid_disk=${uuid_gpt_disk};name=uboot,s tart=8MB,size=4MB,uuid=${uuid_gpt_loader2};name=tr ust,size=4M,uuid=${uuid_gpt_atf};name=misc,size=4M B,uuid=${uuid_gpt_misc};name=resource,size=16MB,uu id=${uuid_gpt_resource};name=kernel,size=32M,uuid= ${uuid_gpt_kernel};name=boot,size=32M,bootable,uui d=${uuid_gpt_boot};name=recovery,size=32M,uuid=${u uid_gpt_recovery};name=backup,size=112M,uuid=${uui d_gpt_backup};name=cache,size=512M,uuid=${uuid_gpt _cache};name=system,size=2048M,uuid=${uuid_gpt_sys tem};name=metadata,size=16M,uuid=${uuid_gpt_metada ta};name=vendor,size=32M,uuid=${uuid_gpt_vendor};n ame=oem,size=32M,uuid=${uuid_gpt_oem};name=frp,siz e=512K,uuid=${uuid_gpt_frp};name=security,size=2M, uuid=${uuid_gpt_security};name=userdata,size=-,uuid=${uuid_gpt_userdata};
                    pxefile_addr_r=0x00e00000
                    ramdisk_addr_r=0x0a200000
                    rkimg_bootdev=if mmc dev 1 && rkimgtest mmc 1; then setenv devtype mmc; setenv devnum 1; echo Boot from SDcard;elif mmc dev 0; then setenv devtype mmc; setenv devnum 0;elif mtd_blk dev 0; then setenv devtype mtd; setenv devnum 0;elif mtd_blk dev 1; then setenv devtype mtd; setenv devnum 1;elif mtd_blk dev 2; then setenv devtype mtd; setenv devnum 2;elif rknand dev 0; then setenv devtype rknand; setenv devnum 0;elif rksfc dev 0; then setenv devtype spinand; setenv devnum 0;elif rksfc dev 1; then setenv devtype spinor; setenv devnum 1;fi;
                    scan_dev_for_boot=echo Scanning ${devtype} ${devnum}:${distro_bootpart}...; for prefix in ${boot_prefixes}; do run scan_dev_for_extlinux; run scan_dev_for_scripts; done;
                    scan_dev_for_boot_part=part list ${devtype} ${devnum} -bootable devplist; env exists devplist || setenv devplist 1; for distro_bootpart in ${devplist}; do if fstype ${devtype} ${devnum}:${distro_bootpart} bootfstype; then run scan_dev_for_boot; fi; done
                    scan_dev_for_extlinux=if test -e ${devtype} ${devnum}:${distro_bootpart} ${prefix}extlinux/extlinux.conf; then echo Found ${prefix}extlinux/extlinux.conf; run boot_extlinux; echo SCRIPT FAILED: continuing...; fi
                    scan_dev_for_scripts=for script in ${boot_scripts}; do if test -e ${devtype} ${devnum}:${distro_bootpart} ${prefix}${script}; then echo Found U-Boot script ${prefix}${script}; run boot_a_script; echo SCRIPT FAILED: continuing...; fi; done
                    scriptaddr=0x00c00000
                    soc=rockchip
                    stderr=serial,vidconsole
                    stdout=serial,vidconsole
                    usb_boot=usb start; if usb dev ${devnum}; then setenv devtype usb; run scan_dev_for_boot_part; fi
                    vendor=rockchip

Comment

Originally posted by Trigu75 View Post
                      update , after I got the GPT image , this one shows the rockchip kernel splash , but , it fails to load , due to incomplatible DTS configuration

it tries to init SATA , but these boxes don't hava SATA , or PCIE (like radxa , firefly) so the kernel load get's stuck there
                      I know it's partition which made the uboot failed to load kernel from SD, now I use the armbian uboot to load armbian kernel, it works fine.
                      Can you pls tell me how to change armbian image for SD booting? which tool is used?

Comment

Armbian image is easier .... just make sure you have the right device Kernel , I noticed the armbian m2 version on stationpc download page site is not for M2 , but for P2

so you better take the armbian images posted on their forum instead of main download page ..

for armbian , once flashed on sdcard , you need to mount it on a different linux and point the /etc/extlinux.conf to load your DTS file and that's it

insert the SDcard , plug in your device to power , it should boot straight from sdcard , if it doesn't then next step is manually boot from uboot console and check for errors

Comment

I built an image based on station m2 build env, it could be flashed to SD directly and no need to change dtb file, feel free to try it.

Here to download image: https://pan.baidu.com/s/1D2V0nW801VLOOpNkKFsGdg
                          code : n6jy

Comment

Is there are anything not working when running armbian on hk1 r2 box? and which version of armbian would be more stable? Thanks.

Comment

main linux distro for rk3566 is manjaro

and they all have the same options and flaws

and for multimedia etc it way too early , mainline has just hdmi and some codecs and dowmstream your stuck to the precompiled debian and ubuntu versions

it practical useless to run armbian on a box

Comment

Working...
                              X